Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old Classic Disneyland ride rennovations?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Should Disney improve "older" attractions?
No! Keep those classics! 83 63.36%
Yes! Where's Jack Sparrow? 33 25.19%
If they add Eddie Murphy to HM... 15 11.45%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2006, 07:15 AM
< Calculus Disney style!

DJTony is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Classic Disneyland ride rennovations?

Do you think it's good that Disney is upgrading some of their new rides? I heard from credible sources that Disneyland plans to "improve" Pirates of the Caribbean, meaning adding new features like Jack Sparrow or other movie characters. I vote to keep the classics! It's worked for 50 years as you can see...(don't PM me telling me Pirates hasn't been open for 50 years, you get my point). But seriously, If they add Eddie Murphy to Haunted Mansion, someone is getting hurt...

I read this book called, "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom", and it sort of dealt with this issue, except the story takes place in the future. It was good, check it out.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Properly warned be ye

CaptainCheshire is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I personally think they should stay with the classics. they have made disneyland what it is now.

We would have to think: "What would Walt think about anybody changing his vision?" Seriously if Walt would not have done things his way, Disneyland would not have had the same success. and we would have no mickey or disney. how sad would that be?

But, i don't think we have reason to fret. last time i took the insider tour, i asked our tour guide (vmk tour guides also work as disney tour guides), and he told me, that they were closing it sometime in february but not to change the major storyline but to just fix some stuff. no major changes are scheduled.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Bored
OtterTail is spinning in a Cursed Storm
why change them, just because they have made movies off of them and those specific characters aren't in it? the movies were based off of the rides, the rides shouldnt be based off of the movies. keep them the way they are. these are the rides we have come to know and love, changing them now would be dumb, just because of a movie. really the real only thing the movies have to do with the ride is they have the same name, and the same concept behind them. keep them the way they are, because some of us still like the classics.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:23 PM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Award Spooky Scribe Award Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Cakee is floating through Inner Space
nah, i like the old ones
'Nough said

~Cake
Old 01-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Keep classics! Keep classics! Keep classics!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

ragingmickey ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Eddie Murphy in the haunted mansion, come on that would be so stupid!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:56 PM
₪ ø lll ·o.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Insomnious
spot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confetti
Never, although it would be nice to see Jack sparrow
Old 01-12-2006, 04:36 PM
R.I.P. CL_WantToBeWalt :(
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 9

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
CiscoRau is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Read the book too. Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone else in the world had!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
C-3P0 from VMK

JackSparrow is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm sorta biased ( ), but I want them to keep the classics. Maybe just put Jack in as a pirate and not change the storyline of the ride.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCheshire
We would have to think: "What would Walt think about anybody changing his vision?" Seriously if Walt would not have done things his way, Disneyland would not have had the same success. and we would have no mickey or disney. how sad would that be?
One forgets that Walt was ALWAYS changing things in his park. He always wanted to include the newest technology and themes. Rides were added, removed, improved upon, the ENTIRE time Walt was there. I think that we get sentimental about the park because it is Walt's park and we want to preserve it how Walt left it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterTail
why change them, just because they have made movies off of them and those specific characters aren't in it? the movies were based off of the rides, the rides shouldnt be based off of the movies.
What about Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan . . . all rides based upon the movie?

My only gripe about changing rides is the time frame. They should be prepared with a plan to go in, change it over quickly and reopen as soon as possible. Case in point - the Submarine ride. It has taken a zillion years to FINALLY open that ride again. Sadly, it was not due to ride concepts as the Imagineers had plenty - it was all about money and the corporate big-wigs didn't want to spend it on the concepts the Imagineers had. Luckily they approved Nemo.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Bilbo... That's Me!!

Bilbo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow
I'm sorta biased ( ), but I want them to keep the classics. Maybe just put Jack in as a pirate and not change the storyline of the ride.
I agree with JackSparrow. Just put Jack in the ride, but keep the ride the same (if that made any sense). Like, put him in at the end of the ride.

~Bilbo
Old 01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
I would say... Keep the classics...

I'm not a huge fan of the classic Disney rides to begin with, so adding a character from Pirates of the Caribbean to Pirates of the Caribbean is not going to change that... The ride is still going to be a passive experience, where you are on a SLOW moving vehicle with little thrill...

I'm not going to make a special trip out to Magic Kingdom, just to see a robot Jack Sparrow...

Now, if they were to change the ride entirely... Like change Space Mountain into something like the one in Paris, then I would be all for it...

BTW: The reason why they are thinking, or about to, add characters from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie to the ride, is because that movie was a HUGE box office hit... Disney wants to take advantage of that... Haunted Mansion, on the other hand, was not really a box office success... So Disney would not spend any more money to add characters from a movie that hardly anyone saw...
Old 01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
(insert user title here)

Annientink is as Frosty as a Snowman
I would have to say- renovate what is needed.

Those Imagineers and the Disney Company want to make the rides "hip" and "cool" for all of the young people coming into the parks. They want E-Ticket rides.

On the other hand, many people go to the parks to "re-live the magic" and remember their childhood trips there.

So, to improvise, just renovate what is needed. Adding two rooms onto the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride isn't going to hurt anybody.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Zoom!!

My Mood: Sad
Chofina ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I think WDW its pretty I think its a wonderfull place for all kind of kids Big kids or little ones!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered+

CaptHookFan ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
yea, but i love all he rides