Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

Old Sponsored Links

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Views: 4864 Send a Private Message to SpinMarty
  Report This Page
NOTE - sorry the images and vids seemed to have been taken away due to sites not being allowed. I will fix it soon. ~SM

Howdy and welcome to my ranch.

I am a huge fan of the 1950's Mickey Mouse Club series Spin and Marty (hence my user name.) The photo above is of the two stars of the show, Tim Considine and David Stollery. I have the world's largest collection of memorabillia related to this show as well as the world's only website devoted to the show. I am in the process of writing a book about Spin and Marty and the phenomenom that the show was, and continues to be.

In addition to Spin and Marty, I am a collector of early Disneyland ephemera (paper goods) from 1954-1980. I am lucky to have some rare paper items in my collection. One of my best is this pictorial guide, mint, in original envelope, from 1955 (the year the park opened.)

My third collection is the new Olzsewski Disneyland sculptures. Here is the first piece, Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

My last (for now) major collectible are Disneyland postcards from 1954-today. It represents a cheap way to remember the memories of the parks. This photo is of the first postcard made for Disneyland in 1954, before the park even opened.

I am also a huge Disney and animation fan in general

---------------------------------------------------------------
In VMK I am in the process of creating the first Furniture Floor Display (a la Ethan Allen). This way people can see, in an organized fashion, what was and is available in VMK.

Here is what I am currently looking for:
WANTED: Not much to trade. It is best if you are not worried about “rare” vs. “not-rare” furniture. Help me to complete my online Floor Display Catalog.
Red Rocking Chair
Green Tea Cup, Flying Saucer
Blue Number Generator
Yellow Ariel Treasure Chest
Cyan Flying Saucer
Purple (complete)
Magenta (complete)
Gold (complete)
Clothing Stitch Hat, Cowboy Shirt Brown, Sparrow Costume
Other Quest Kiosk (yes, I know that it is not able to trade at the moment, just putting it down for if it can be in the future.), Narnia Poster without Snow
Pins Traveling Stitch Pin, ATIS Mighty Eye, Push Trivia Pin, Pirates three Pins before game changed (lvls 1-3), Any "Top" award
Rooms (complete)
Notice, the list slowly disappears. Can you be the one to help make it go away?
Thx LeanaSpin for the loan of the Green Tea Cup and DarthMelissa for the Red Rocker until I get one.

Have you visited the Wiki? If not, why not? It is your one-stop VMK information shop! Click here to see what all the talk is about!

As a moderator here on the Fansite (aka VMKf) this link I find is the most important. If all members would read and follow the rules and information posted there would be far less confusion and problems!
VMKForums Rules and Policies

I will add to this page when I can.

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all the shouts (comments). Please don't be offended if I don't reply.
Have a great day,

above logo by CDNJohnnie

P.S. For those that like nostalgic Disneyland such as I do, here are two fun videos to check out!

Last Updated02-28-2008