Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old So what was the real magic in VMK?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 AM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
So what was the real magic in VMK?

So what really was the magic in VMK? To me it was the music, the sites ( backgrounds ), the items, and the games. They all just blow my mind. The music just really makes me miss it alot. I remember going into rooms and hearing those sounds everyday.Made me remember the moments I wa sin there trading or talking or doing some fun quest. The backgrounds were just... indescribeable to me... made it seem so real to me. The items were fascinating and just very fun to mess with and look at..... and the games had such good detail and animation such as Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Fireworks. I miss it and hope it comes back someday.

So what was the real magic to you?

~tiki

Forever & Always
Old 08-06-2009, 03:16 AM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Evil
dabaseballking ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
The happiness, the fun, the uplifting music, the friends, and the challenging quests.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
The freedom of being able to do what you want, when you want.
Maybe I wanted to build a room, maybe I wanted to trade, maybe I wanted to play mini games, maybe I wanted to play player-run games, maybe I wanted to host a game, maybe I wanted to go to the host game, maybe I wanted to sit in Town Square, maybe I wanted to follow friends.

I could do whatever I wanted, and that is what made VMK special to me. There was so much choice. All of this was Disney related, and being a Disney fan since I was born - it was just perfect.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Everything. The community, the game itself, the music (which I didn't realize how important it was until the very end,) the fact that it's Disney. It was just a great all around game.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:32 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Just like the overall magic of Disney, it is indescribable.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I enjoyed the items, building rooms, and most of all the friends I made on there. I miss them all to this day. The magic of VMK was really the online community we had and the contact we would not have made if this medium was not there. I will remember all the friends I cherished daily on VMK.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The magic in VMK shed off of everything the game brought to us.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
i donno really
something about it was just kinda uplifting
but i dont think i woulda stayed if it weren't for the awesome friends on there
LOL

Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 AM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Everything. Everything in VMK was all real magic. IT was like what Disney always has, magic.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The real magic was how we were able to go to Disney World virtually. Even if people were unable to actually go to the real parks, they were able to attend by just playing the game. That's the reason I played VMK, just because it was like a replica of the parks.

Other aspects included the games, items, rooms, etc. But most importantly, the friends.