Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Disney on birthday

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Disney on birthday

My family and I are going down to WDW for my birthday and I was planning on getting the gift card that is equal to one park ticket price.. however... a website informed me...

"A birthday Fun Card is an option worth the value of a one-day, one-park pass, not including tax. It is valid that day only and for merchandise only. It is only valid in stores owned and operated by Disney; it cannot be used in any operating participant locations.

It can be used for PhotoPass on-site services and for tours that accept payment on the date of the tour (such as Behind the Seeds).

It cannot be applied to a hotel bill, to any food or beverages, cigarettes, or personal services. Most of the stores in Downtown Disney and on The Boardwalk are operating participant locations and cannot be used. Also it is specifically not valid in the Epcot stores at the China, Japan and Morocco pavilions.

It will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. It cannot be used for the purchase of Disney Dollars or Gift Certificates.

Any unused value on the card will expire at Midnight of the day of issue."

Is that serious? They expect me to shop on my whole birthday? What happened to enjoying the park >_<, I was going to go to Downtown Disney or HS to shop later in the trip, I wanted to spend my birthday at MK... gah.

What to do, what to do.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
I really think that's unfair. Do whatever you want with you're birthday.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wait.. does it also say in there that I can't shop at Downtown Disney?

confused...
Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
I think it does. That really stinks!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
What's up with thattt

there's only so much you can buy in the Test Track gift shoppp ha

this is annoying :p
Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
>.> We were at WDW for my dad's birthday, and he didnt use his card at ALL on his birthday... We spent it all two days later at Hollywood Studios...
Although it wouldn't be very good to waste the money if it did expire for you... Well, the card didn't really cost you any money sooo...
Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Disney might be *giggles* having *chuckles* money issues. *ROFLs* I can't even say it with a straight face!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Really? Yay! I hope it's that way for everyone, I don't feel like park hopping 3 times in a day.

Thank you
Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I got that for my birthday.
It works in downtown Disney owned store ( mostly Marketside ) like The big Disney store, Team Mickey, TrenD, and I thing once upon a toy.
In Epcot they work also in the Mouse Ears ( I Think is the name? ) stores and the stores by the country. ( Its works in more but thats just some )
It actual doesn't take that long to spend. LOL.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 

Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm not really sure though, since that said it expires >.>
Old 07-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkglitter View Post
I got that for my birthday.
It works in downtown Disney owned store ( mostly Marketside ) like The big Disney store, Team Mickey, TrenD, and I thing once upon a toy.
In Epcot they work also in the Mouse Ears ( I Think is the name? ) stores and the stores by the country. ( Its works in more but thats just some )
It actual doesn't take that long to spend. LOL.
Okay, I wanted to make sure it worked in the World of Disney
And yes, I can imagine it goes quickly with me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
I'm not really sure though, since that said it expires >.>
Yeah, but if it worked for one person it can work for more
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase

Well hopefully it will, and have fun when you go!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
It does expire the next day, I had like five dollars left on mine and they wouldn't let me use it the next day.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
ha, see, I don't know what will happen to me, one said it expired the next day, another says it doesn't expire the next day. Hmm. Gah hahaha
Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
ha, see, I don't know what will happen to me, one said it expired the next day, another says it doesn't expire the next day. Hmm. Gah hahaha
Hi bluedude,
I can 100% assure you that the gift card you recieve on your birthday has no expiration date.

Oh, and it CAN be spent at the Disney stores at Downtown Disney. Stores like the Aribbas Brothers, Lego, etc are not Disney owned, and you can therefore not spend the card there. However stores such as the World of Disney and the Pin Traders are Disney owned, and you can therefore use your card at those locations.

We went there for my Mom's birthday last May. Was amazing just to buy whatever you wanted for no reason! :-p

When you collect the gift card on your birthday, if you have any questions just ask the Cast Member. They will have information which is sure to be quoteable.

Have a great birthday,
Stitch.