Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old Holiday Contribution Contest!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Holiday Contribution Contest!

Well, it's that time of year again, and do you know what that means?
That's right, presents! So this year, VMKForums will be giving out free subscriptions to the winners of this contest!

For those of you who don't know the rules of the contest, it's really simple. All you do is write an article for the wiki, send it to me, and if it's good enough, you may win a Mega Subscription! Kind of like a little gift exchange! Although, this time, I won't be alone in judging! Moderators SpinMarty and Prisoner will be assisting in the judging!

Here are the details of the contest:
  • All you need to do is simply write either a guide or part of a wiki page, and then PM it to me. It can be for VMK, Toontown, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, or anything else Disney Online.
  • You can submit more than one/article if you want, but try to keep it in one PM.
  • Pictures are helpful, but they're not required.
  • The best entries will be added to the wiki.
  • The person who submits the #1 best entry will get to get Mega Subscription, and the three runners-up will get a PM and Signature subscription (remember, userpages come with the PM and Sig subscriptions, too)
  • You can submit more than one entry.
  • Remember; don't submit information that's already there!
  • Editors can still enter, but you have to actually make the page and then PM me the link. You CANNOT use a page that was created prior to the contest. In the event someone edits the page after you create it, the page will be judged by the original version you created.
  • If you already have a Mega Subscription and your articles places first, you'll have the option to give the prize to someone else, like a late holiday gift. Same thing if you've got a signature/PM subscription and you're a runner-up.
  • Once the article has been PMed to me, I'll forward it to the other two judges, SpinMarty and Prisoner. After January 20th, we will decide who will win on Live Chat.
  • Entries will be judged by
    1. Spelling and grammar
    2. Length and detail
    3. Usefulness
    4. Formatting
    5. Its need on the wiki
  • Entries are only accepted until Monday, January 15. That's more than enough time to write your articles! Also, keep in mind that even if your entry doesn't win, it may still be added to the wiki!

So, better get busy writing those articles!

EDIT FROM SPINMARTY - Please direct your questions to Garfieldo. Thank you

EDIT FROM GARFIELDO - Please PM your entires to ME, and not Spin or Priz. This is because I forward all the PMs a day or two after January 15, so that all the PMs will be in one place in Priz and Spin's inboxes. Thanks for reading!

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage

Last edited by Garfieldo; 01-01-2007 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: Deadline is now the 20th.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Josh Farro is awesomee
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PrincessTmkttt is as Frosty as a Snowman
Wow! Great contest! I really want a userpage, so I will send you an article soon!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Woot! Good luck everyone! I have all the goodies on the forums I need, and I'll be happy to edit the wiki anytime, so I'll leave this contest to the rest of you guys! Unless you need a red flips page, haha?
Hopefully I shall be on the live chat.. when I get back from WDW
Good luck everyone, and may the best person win!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Amuzed
rapby60 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
wow sounds great gl to people who try for contest
Old 12-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Josh Farro is awesomee
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

PrincessTmkttt is as Frosty as a Snowman
I have a question,
Instead of an article,
can I make VMK wallpapers instead?
EDIT: And also, maybe signatures that people can put in their signatures, that shows people about the Wiki?
Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 AM
You can't compare with

Maribeth is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well I won last year like third place, so can I try again for first place? (Which means if I happened to win runner-up, you could choose someone else to win the prize since I've already got the signature. )

I'll go ahead and start on an article anyways cause I need to add something. :o

tmkttt, I would assume not because its an article contest.. that's kinda the whole idea. But ask him. not me.

Happy Holidays everyone!

PS: I better hurry because I'm leaving in a few days (that was to myself by the way. Uh.. yeah.)

EDIT: OK I've written the article. You didn't even have any of it this time, not like last year. I even have pictures (but then again those are easy to come by ) I won't tell anyone what it is about, but I will send it to you tomorrow, when I actually get around to figuring out how to format it and stuffs. See ya later.. I'm whooped!

Hehe.
Hello.

Last edited by Maribeth; 12-22-2006 at 04:47 AM..
Old 12-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Sure, you can enter again, and if you're a runner-up you can give your prize to someone else as a late Christmas gift.

Also, I like the idea of passing on the prize to other people as gifts... In fact, I'll go and edit my post right now.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Walt Disney Fan!
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Disney
Ducky Wucky has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Ducky Wucky has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yay! It's great to see this coming back! I got third place last year, but I could really use the extra PM space on here. So, i'll see if I can write something up for you three.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Gone for good..

Alexthedragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hooray! I'm ready to work!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Good Morning VMKF Crew!

My Mood: VMK
MasterMario is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i like it!! I want to join
Old 12-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't know
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

jsmall is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Im gonna try to Enter
Old 12-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I submitted my entry. Good Luck to everyone!
Old 12-23-2006, 03:21 PM
You can't compare with

Maribeth is as Frosty as a Snowman
Me too! And the page has been accessed a whole lot. Actually not really but still a few. =)

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas everyone! There's still plenty of time to write your entries, so make sure to spend this time with your family!

Ooooor, if you've already had Christmas in your time zone, hope you had a good one!

Old 12-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Thanks, you too. I sent mine in too!!