Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old New bf/gf/dating restrictions

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:37 AM
LYK OMGZ HIYAH

Lacey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
RULE CHANGE: please read!

After a lengthy discussion, the moderators here at vmkforums have decided to ban future and remove old discussions/posts involving in-game bf/gf/dating.

Due to the fact that this is a "G" rated forum, we have decided that those discussions are inappropriate for this board even though they are allowed in the game. As a reminder, all other bf/gf/dating is also not allowed (see existing guidelines).

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to keep vmkforums safe and enjoyable for everyone.

- VMKforums Staff
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! Thank goodness for Moderaters :happy:
Old 09-16-2005, 03:07 AM
Bah humbug!

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Angelic
Becky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoBecky ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Thanks all of the moderators/admins. I know there is a big majority of users on VMK who support bf/gf talk, and also a large majority that does not. Thanks mods for stopping this talk. Keep those great forum rules coming

-Becky

--
Need some help? Check out my VMKF
Guide on this site or on the wiki!
Still in progress, but it will help you out!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM
VMK player

otto888 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
RULE CHANGE: please read!

After a lengthy discussion, the moderators here at vmkforums have decided to ban future and remove old discussions/posts involving in-game bf/gf/dating.

Due to the fact that this is a "G" rated forum, we have decided that those discussions are inappropriate for this board even though they are allowed in the game. As a reminder, all other bf/gf/dating is also not allowed (see existing guidelines).

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to keep vmkforums safe and enjoyable for everyone.

- VMKforums Staff
about time!:happy:
Old 09-16-2005, 08:04 PM
legallyblondethemusical
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

futureimagineer1117 is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Lollipop
If only VMK could do this..

You're right.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:10 AM
Check out my stories!

Shanniegina is as Frosty as a Snowman
I tottaly agree. I mean, these fourms are for children of all ages. If people want to date, then do in it person (wicth I think is safer, anyway) because who could this be? A 10 year old; dating a 55 year old! It could be anyone. And, it just makes people not want to go on these fourms. Some children can't handle "let's make out online", witch I think is pretty nasty myself. My point is that we have to keep a clean, safe, fourms website. The next thing you know, they will be doing it on VMK
Old 09-17-2005, 06:07 AM
Life. Love. Rock and Roll

MsBehave has Fireworks shooting off over their headMsBehave has Fireworks shooting off over their headMsBehave has Fireworks shooting off over their headMsBehave has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thanks for doing that! I disliked all that talk about gf/bf alot.

-CL_MsBehave

Userpage
| POTC Online- Will ye pay? | ohmigosh a vmk rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_MsBehave
staff love taking out every vmk joy in life we posess and grinding it into a pulp.
&
staff wouldnt know talent if it tapped dance in front of them wearing nothing but a chicken hat.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:14 AM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
First of all, let me say that I will support this decision by the moderators. I know they have a job that can be rough, and making this rule will hopefully make their job, and all of our experiences on the forum, better.

On the other hand, I'm sorry that this rule was made, and that it was considered necessary.

One of the unique things about this forum is that it is multi-generational. I have been on many Disney forums, and they are usually dominated by either adults OR kids, but very rarely is there a mix. This is the first forum I've been a member of where kids, teens, young adults, and older adults are all talking about the same things. It has been educational to me, and I hope it has for others as well.

I will admit that the bf/gf debate has, quite frequently, been quite heated. And I'm very sorry it has. Perhaps on this topic more than any others the different views and outlooks were most clear, and perhaps this was where it was most important that we talk. In these discussions I was a part of, I truly learned more about different perspectives on this from a wide variety of people. It shaped my opinion, and (again) I hope others understood both sides of the issues better. I hope some have improved their discussion and communication skills as well.

With this debate gone, the discussions already feel less significant. It seems that all the posts on this issue have been replaced by people asking for Green Flip-Flops - hardly a worthwhile replacement.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Dorks pwn. The end.

My Mood: Lucky
PowerGirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I haven't seen any on the site, but I just joined so

Good thing though, i'm against that kind of thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Fine
JustmeSt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm new, so I didn't see all the clutter messages about dating and "taken" or "not taken", but it sounds like it was a wise decision to eliminate this kind of talk on the forum. Thanks, Mods for doing a great job.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered+

coolalex11 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Question wat is dg/eg/dating

wat is dg/eg/dating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Lollipop
If only VMK could do this..
Old 09-21-2005, 02:46 PM
aliceblue on VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Curious
alice is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner
One of the unique things about this forum is that it is multi-generational. I have been on many Disney forums, and they are usually dominated by either adults OR kids, but very rarely is there a mix. This is the first forum I've been a member of where kids, teens, young adults, and older adults are all talking about the same things. It has been educational to me, and I hope it has for others as well.
I have to agree here; the majority of discussions on this as well as other topics have been rather interesting. I can understand the job the moderators must have had sorting though it, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner
With this debate gone, the discussions already feel less significant. It seems that all the posts on this issue have been replaced by people asking for Green Flip-Flops - hardly a worthwhile replacement.
In general, I think the posts (even the trade posts) have sort of lost their spark since the end of summer. Maybe just fewer people posting, period.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice
I have to agree here; the majority of discussions on this as well as other topics have been rather interesting. In general, I think the posts (even the trade posts) have sort of lost their spark since the end of summer. Maybe just fewer people posting, period.
I, too, like the cross-generational topics that one can get many viewpoints. That is a unique quality of this forum.

I also agree that posts have lost a spark, but not to do with this particular rule. Rather, I feel that it is because people have less time to spend online due to school starting up and the like.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Banned

blueotter ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Yeah i'm glad they stopped that. This is a site to talk about vmk! not an online dating service!!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Tim Burton Fan for Life

PinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballvmkboy
i dont get what those messages are can someone explain
have u ever seen ppl asking if u are taken on vmk? that's what it is. ppl talking about that.

-The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Old 09-22-2005, 06:03 PM
LAdyRaiders on VMK

LadyRaiders has disabled reputation
Go mods!! Mods rock!