Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old The wiki needs an edit (non-editor suggestions)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:23 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSch View Post
Was the wiki other updated to say that Pirates was giving double credits on Thursdays during Pirate month? I can't find anything about that anywhere.
I don't see it in the Timeline or in the Special Events.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thark View Post
I just went to WDW today, the cast member required the Saludos Amigos answer. However, I will be back each day for a week, so I will confirm what each cast member believes the answer is.
Yes, at Walt Disney World, the answer is Saludos Amigos. It's only The Three Caballeros at Disneyland.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:38 AM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Was the wiki other updated to say that Pirates was giving double credits on Thursdays during Pirate month? I can't find anything about that anywhere.
Hrm, I thought we had added it after discussing why we should wait till we knew what was going on. But its added now. (On the timeline, the game page, and as a special event.) Thanks!

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
All the Alice Ride items that were in the Emporium are now in the Small World Imports shop. So, the location part for these items needs to be changed.

Also, should the price label be changed from green (In store special) to blue (Disney credits) since the items are not under Specials anymore?

EDIT: We can now note that Buried in Treasure magic has been re-released. It's in the Q button quest for this weekend.

Last edited by TravisSch; 05-26-2007 at 02:10 AM..
Old 06-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I don't think anyone noticed this but the message for winning the Small World pin is missing, so here's the message you can add to the wiki :

Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
I don't think anyone noticed this but the message for winning the Small World pin is missing, so here's the message you can add to the wiki :
Thanks for this, but we're not putting in every single message, particularly if the only difference is the prize. Part of why the messages were posted in the first place was because they were clever in the wording.

Power to the Players!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thark View Post
Just want to bring this up again since it hasn't been changed in the wiki. The answer is still "A barrel of rum"
Thank you, change made.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:38 AM
- i have no cheese left -

Joshua is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There has been a debate about the red rocker and most are pretty sure it was not sold in beta, but instead was given out by testers/staff.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
That is very possible. We will have to consult VMK itself to find the actual answer.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Trader

My Mood: Adventurous
puchisana is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I will post a pic of the message you get when you win the new host pin

[IMG]http://i13.************/4podr7q.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Trader

You can add the day new hosts appears ( VMK_Tiger and HOST_Pirate ) in Timeline and Important Updates. Also, aren't flip flops from wter park theme?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

we add new staff to the cast member and host pages. It isn't a significant VMK event so it doesn't go on the timeline. We will have to talk about whether the FlipFlops should be added to the theme page.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Cheese Owns
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

toontoony is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i want to find sonthing to edit, i became a member today.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Trader

No problem, that's why I want to join wiki, but nick doesn't accept me
Old 06-06-2007, 08:16 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by toontoony View Post
i want to find sonthing to edit, i became a member today.
Best way to start getting familiar with the wiki is to play a little on the VMKWiki Sandbox page. Lets you just get used to how to write things on the wiki. Plus I would suggest reading the Help:Editing page (which is at the bottom of every page when you edit it) to get used to the templates we use. You can also click the edit link on every page, just so you see how we do things.

When you feel ready - there are a couple of good places to start:
  • Go ahead and edit your own page. Introduce yourself to us.
  • Wander around following links. You're bound to come across something that really could stand to be edited. I usually find something within 3 clicks.
  • Pick stuff you're familiar with. Games, items, whatever. Go look at what is there and if there is something you'd like to add.
  • I've started marking things in the TODO Category with the {{todo}} macro, which indicate there is work that needs doing on that page, and perhaps a commentary about what. Right now, these are mostly the clothing pages that need filling out, but if you're eager to jump into a major project, this would be the place.

Some reminders:
  • Use the Preview button!
  • Make sure you put something in the summary box before you save so other editors know what you're doing
  • Have fun!

Glad you're part of Disney's Online Worlds

Power to the Players!