Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (December 8-14)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (December 8-14)

This Week in VMK!
December 8-14

Welcome to the latest installment of our feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2005:

December 8th:

Released

The Disney Cruise Travel Chest Red is released. The Disneyland Retro Penny Press Color Green was released to replace the Disneyland Retro Penny Press Color Red that had been sold in the Emporium.

Re-released

The Disneyland Retro Turnstile Color Red, Disneyland Ride Operator's Scoreboard Color Red, Random Number Generator Color Red, Disneyland Retro Penny Press Color Red Emporium (later replaced with Disneyland Retro Penny Press Color Green).

December 9th:

Gift Giving Event Begins

Players were told that they could purchase a gift for a fellow player of their choosing at a cost of 500 credits. The gift was to be delivered in game on December 24th. The gift requests were processed through the "Contact Us" section of the VMK home page. Players who gave gifts had 500 credits per gift automatically deducted from their accounts.

December 12th

Frontierland Opens
Click the image to view the full version

Frontierland opens and invites players to explore its different areas: Mark Twain Steam Boat, Frontierland HUB, Frontierland Dock, Big Thunder Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Mine, Injun's Joe Cave, Tom Sawyer's Island, Haunted Mansion Stretching Room, Haunted Mansion Ballroom, and Haunted Mansion Attic

New Game: Haunted Mansion Ghost Chasers

Players can now play Haunted Mansion Ghost Chasers and help rid the Haunted Mansion of its spooky inhabitants.

New NPCs!

Phineas, Ezra and Gus take up residence in VMK!

New Main Street Room: Sci-Fi Dine-In

The Sci-Fi Dine-In opens.

Esplanade is Decorated

Holidays come to VMK and the Esplanade is decorated for the occasion.

New Guest Rooms and Ride Pieces

Players can purchase the Mark Twain Steamboat Guest Room, Splash Mountain Bayou Guest Room, and River Ride Pieces

Newsletter

2006:

December 8th:

Released

The Holiday 2006 Christmas Pin is released.

Holiday Quest at WDW Begins

VMKers can do the Holiday Quest at WDW starting today!

Retired

The Enchanted Tiki Room (3/9) pin is retired.

December 11th:

Released

The Candy Cane Yellow is released.

Re-released

The Toontown Fireplace is re-released.

Retired

The Holiday 2006 Christmas Pin is retired.

Newsletter
Yavn Speaks about the Holidays
Jake's Blog
Tips for creative rooms
Dear Yeti answers a sweet question
Push Trash Trivia about Walt Disney Recognition Day
Top Players: See.low, Phillip and The Metal, sportobssed, Urakan, and LadyDooley

December 13th:

Accidentally Released/Retired

The Snowman Magic Pin Single Use is release briefly before vanishing...

Re-released

Snowman Magic is re-released.

December 14th:

Re-Released

The Snowman Magic Pin Single Use is re-released.

2007:

December 10th:

Released

The Gingerbread Door is released.

Retired

Click the image to view the full versionClick the image to view the full version

The 2007 Holiday Ornament Goofy Pin, Enchanted Quest, Enchanted Shield Pin, Prince & Princess Quest, and Prince & Princess Pin are retired.

Newsletter
December 11th:

Released

The Gingerbread Roof 2x1 Block is released.

December 12th:

Released

The Gingerbread Roof Chimney Block is released.

December 13th:

Released

The Gingerbread Roof Game Block is released.

December 14th:

VMK Holiday Ride-A-Thon Begins

The VMK Holiday Ride-A-Thon begins and players can ride to win the Gingerbread Block.

Released

The 2007 Holiday Ornament Donald Pin, Candy Cane Fence, Candy Cane Lighted Pole, Gingerbread Block, Gumdrop Chair Green, Snowman Hat, and Haunted Mansion Conservatory Holiday Guest Room are released.

Re-released

The Candy Cane Blue and Holiday Chair Yellow are re-released.

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 12-16-2008 at 07:44 AM..
Old 12-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005: Wasn't playing
2006: Just started a few months ago..
2007: Good Memories..
Old 12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
When the red Disney Cruise crate was released.. it was released half way through a day.
I was laying in bed when my Mom woke me up and told me that there was a new item out. She is a big fan of DCL (hence her name, DCLmad) so she was estatic about it.

That is a great memory I have.
Red stuff released, that was fun too. I was hanging out in LaVidaPixie's and MaidenDiznee's rooms thinking it AWESOME how they got the red beta stuff. Next week it came out, so cool! Although maybe not for them..

Snowman Magic for 2,000 credits. GOOD DAYS.
Christmas time on VMK. Amazing.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
2005: I don't think I was playing
2006: I remember the Snowman magic. Didn't have enough to buy it though, xD
2007: I loved that guest room even though i never had it
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
this made me cry... i suddenly miss vmk alot more now that it's christmas.

2005: not playing then
2006: snowman magic <333
2007: got the room in 2008
haaaapppyy new yearr:]
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
I loved all the Christmas items. :[
I miss buying and creating things with Gingerbread.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005: So that's when I bought the red scoreboard! I remember logging on December 12, 2005 and I was amazed with Frontierland. I remember the line to go to Splash mountain lol. I remember that so well.
2006: Wasn't playing
2007: Best month ever!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Bump!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I loved the items in VMK around this time of year!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Awwww! All my favs!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P

Old 12-09-2010, 02:55 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
2005: So that's when I bought the red scoreboard! I remember logging on December 12, 2005 and I was amazed with Frontierland. I remember the line to go to Splash mountain lol. I remember that so well.
2006: Wasn't playing
2007: Best month ever!
Yep I still agree with my previous post. The gingerbread month was the best ever. I thought the idea of building gingerbread houses was very creative.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 

Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase

B U M P !