Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old Trading

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Trading

You know, I just took about ten minutes in my mind and remembered VMK. Then I remembered what I wasted my whole time doing.

TRADING.

I feel kinda stupid now. The whole time I was just trading. I should'a been hanging out with people. I wish I could correct that.

PLEASE OPEN AGAIN VMK!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Retired Arcade Player
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Arcade Winner Joy To The World Arcade Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Hopeful
BaseballStarz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To be honest, I was pretty wealthy in VMK. Had Inferno's, Stitches and Green flips when they were at its rarest.

I always spent my time in trade rooms, or making quests. The question that always comes to me is, why was I so greedy? Should of spent more time building rooms, creating freindships and playing the best games such as POTC, and Fireworks.

I'd really like to have another chance in this virtual world.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Me too. I didn't realize how fast it would be gone. I should of savored in this great game. POTC was awesome.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I sooo know what you guys mean. I spent probably about half of my time trading when I should have been chillin' out with my friends.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Yeah...I must confess, I spent a majority of my time trying to be as rich and as popular in VMK as possible. Though I didn't reach the crazy rich level of Ranch or perlaperla (ha, can't believe I still remember those names), I did have a Stitch Hat as well as full sparrow at one point. Looking back now, I don't really regret most of my time spent trading. A lot of times I would trade with friends, spending the morning hunting down a certain item, and it was FUN! However, I suppose I could have spent less time trading...

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I spent a couple of months trading after I started playing again because I took a break in late 2006. But without trading, I wouldn't have had the "cool" items in VMK. Plus, people friended me because I was rich AND nice. Not one of those rich snobby people that everyone ranted about on VMKF. But as long as I enjoyed my time spent on VMK, I wouldn't call it wasted time. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”- John Lennon
Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
The thing about vmk that was truly special was that there really wasn't a point to it. Vmk didn't have directions, goals, or rules to tell you how to play or win. You did want you wanted to in a regulated free flowing environment. Some thought the true way to win was to be "rich", have a best guest/quest/game room, have the high score for pirates/fireworks/jungle cruise, to be best friends with a host, or to meet yavn. I thought the goal was to become rich. Everyone talked down on "newbies" and I didn't want to be one. So I spent my time on vmk constantly trading. I was so excited when I got the thing that I sought after for so long the green flip hat (about a month before it was rereleased). As the game progressed I wanted more and more. Through trading I met many friends and maybe a few enemies. The last six months of the game I became bored of trading and spent my time doing quests or games in guest rooms. When I look back on my experience with vmk the only thing I would have changed is that I was a little bit nicer. I did have a dark side and I am extremely disappointed that I showed it.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was so happy on that game no matter what I was doing. There are a bunch of things I wish I did differently. I wish I took pictures of my character or my rooms, since it closed I have no memories but the ones that are in my head. I wish I sat down in a room for a couple of minutes and looked at all the detail or the game. Its pretty amazing. Sometimes I got a highscore or something and I thought I was the best at the game. Or when I got minnie hat, or green flip or something rare like that I thought I was the richest person. I didn't really know what was rare until the end of the middle. But I really miss it. I miss the friends I made. I wish I had VMK back for just one more day. I would cherish it so much. Oh gosh I am about to cry.

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
So clearly, I'm better than you all haha just kidding. Obviously. (Really please don't take that seriously) I don't think I know any of you from the actual VMK game, but anyways. I never tried to be rich, and I never really got into the trading thing. The only time I really would play games would be to play with friends. I mean yeah I bought stuff, I rarely had over 100 credits haha, I would always just play pirates with friends then get out and realize I have enough credits for something. But I didn't have a lot of rare, because I never went into trading rooms. Most of my time was spent playing the games people had made in rooms, or just hanging out in one of my friends room
Old 01-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Blue, you're hilarious. I swear, your post seriously made my day.

Anyways, I remember my days as a "newbie". They weren't fun, because of the constant feeling of inferiority. As a "newbie", I kind of drifted, I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do with my virtual life. That was, until I went to the VMK Gallery in New Orleans Square (where I spent most of my time, trying to make a friend), and saw the Mad Hatter hat. I'm pretty sure that most of you have already heard this story from me, so I'll keep is short: I fell in love with that hat. I decided that I was going to stop wallowing in my friendless misery and get working. I climbed the ranks - I made worked my behind off on POTC and Fireworks, made some credits, bought things at their peak of popularity, and waited for them to retire. I wore them after that, and I made friends with benefits. Sure, I had friends that were actually friends to me, but I was using most of my friends with benefits as pawns to achieve my goal. As soon as that happened and I got my Mad Hatter, I was done. I put off trading for a while, because I never liked it, and I returned to my friends and that was that.

Oh, then I got greedy and wanted more rare. It was a fall from grace, really. I was so high up on the scale - Mad Hatter, Space Suit, Mickey Ears, that when I made a really stupid trade, I kind of plummeted.

And I landed where I began. I managed to regain my lost Mad Hatter and I left trading. I couldn't deal with the pressure to become perfect, to be a part of the rich class with their bird hats and Sparrow and beta items. I wasn't cut out for that, and I already had friends that were living the rich life. Which was fine with me. I was okay with being 'middle' class, but as long as I had my friends, I felt like the best person ever.

So...yeah. The moral of this story is: Never lose sight of the goal, and once you achieved it, return to your daily life if your next goal is slightly ridiculous. XDD

Last edited by Jezzi; 01-29-2011 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: non-g
Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Oh yay I'm hilarious and make people's day haha

Wow you guys had trading down to a science :O I rarely traded, but I definitely did not have pawns! haha

Wow I don't even know how you would use someone..? Like I don't even know how your pawns worked haha. Maybe if I played VMK again, I would actually get into the trading thing. All of you have been saying part of it's bad because you don't really focus on the game part of it and the friends part of it, but I really would like to know how it is to be a master trader like you guys and have pawns and such maybe only for a little while though, I liked just hanging out
Old 01-30-2011, 03:39 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Trading reminds me of the stock market because you take a few items and try to trade it for something better. You either "win" by getting items in good trades or "lose" by making a poor trade. I remember one day I traded my gold mickey ears away for some item (I can't remember) and that was like early in the day when VMK opened, when I had yet to check the Emporium. Big mistake because I lost the gold mickey ears since the item I traded was just released that day (being very rare just the day before). But it was ok since the gold mickey ears were my second pair.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
My first bad trade was with gold mickey ears. They were my prized possession and I thought I was getting a good deal. I can't even remember what I got in return but it was terrible, it was like... my beginning age haha. And I never again got a pair of gold mickey ears
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
“Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”- John Lennon
This could not be more true. I also agree with EtnaGreen when she said about VMK not having a real purpose and YES, that is EXACTLY why I liked it. I don't want to play POTCO and slave away doing silly missions to get me up a level, I don't want to be a Toon where I run about with floppy ears trying to complete quests - I want to be a human, in a theme park; because, I could.

I try to go by the philosophy of having no regrets. You shouldn't regret what you did on VMK because at the time, you did what you did and obviously you wanted to do that. After all, if you thought you were going to regret it then you wouldn't do it in the first place!

I enjoyed trading on VMK so much, I enjoyed collecting rare furniture and I enjoyed dressing my character in rare clothes. The Stitch Hat was my favourite thing ever and I thought the Jack Sparrow outfit was beautiful (it just so happened they were some of the most difficult stuff to get aswell ). Hey, what does it matter? I enjoyed working for it! Trading got me there, trading was my goal. VMK allowed you to make your own goals and reach your own achievements, rather than having your whole gaming experience set out for you like POTCO / TT. Freedom at it's best, indeed.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:38 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Y'know, I never really traded. I never had gold mickey ears. I never had a Stich Hat.

I had a 5 star inferno I think, and a couple other pretty nice magic pins. I got them from friends who I made in the beginning of VMK. They would always get two, and share one with me. I kind of lived off of charity in some ways, haha.

I had a couple nice game rooms as well, never made top rooms, but people had fun in them. That's what really mattered, I think. I had wonderful friends who would find an item they didn't want, and they would ask me if I wanted it.

My point here is, I had friends. I rarely had more than 500 credits sitting around, I typically didn't buy stuff because of my lack of credits. Yet I still became very well stocked in items because of those friends.

I'm even still in touch with some of those friends. Some of them now play Toontown. One plays Pirates. A couple of them play Pixie Hollow. We built lasting friendships via VMK, and we took them to other games. It was what VMK was to us, a place to talk and have fun together, questing, window shopping, creating games and rooms. Some people chose to become rich, we chose to have friendships. And we never feel that we wasted our time in VMK.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008