Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old Wiki Sigs

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wiki Sigs

Hey all, and mostly wiki editors! If you haven't noticed, spin has surprised us with sigs that we can do on DOW. The ones you use in talk pages, instead of using the code: [[User:YOURUSERNAME|YOURUSERNAME]]. It can be creative, with different colors.

You can also put links to your user page, your talk pages, and contributions page.

I put mine in a template form, since it's too much to copy and paste, and spin said it was ok, and that he will (or did) put his into a template now. It saves a lot of time, and space .

Look here to see SpinMarty's sig.

Be creative , use different colors .

Click here for mine, which uses different colors and different way of putting links in . Mine is in the template form, so all I have to do is {{HAMD/sig}} to get the box, instead of copying and pasting that info all the time .

Thanks Spin for showing us this!
~HAMD
Old 01-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: VMK
Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Yes, this is very nifty.

My question is, are you supposed to use User:Yourusername/sig, instead of Template:Yourusername(or initials)/sig? Since the User:Yourusername/sig makes it a sub-directory of your userpage.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
If you want to use it when you click the "signature" button on talk pages, etc you need to:

go into "My Preferences"

"user profile" tab

in the Nickname box type {{subst:________}}
the "________" is your template
(example, my template is {{User:SpinMarty/sig}} so therefore I type {{subst:User:SpinMarty/sig}} in the nickname box.)

Then, make sure that the "Raw Signatures" box is checked! Very important!

Save your preferences.

Now, when you click the "add signature" button your new graphic will appear with a timestamp!

If you want to use the code for the sig that I have (or Scootz, or HAMD) click above and then go to "edit" and copy the code.

You can change the font color, the background color, and the outline color.

Do a google search for "hmtl color codes" to see what 6-digit code to use for colors.

Good luck. BTW, I didn't make this up myself, someone on another wiki somewhere out there in the WWW had one and I copied/pasted their code

SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootz View Post
Yes, this is very nifty.

My question is, are you supposed to use User:Yourusername/sig, instead of Template:Yourusername(or initials)/sig? Since the User:Yourusername/sig makes it a sub-directory of your userpage.
When I did more research on this it said to make a template using {{User:name/sig}} but HAMD found that the {{name/sig}} was fine as it is a template anyhow.

Last edited by SpinMarty; 01-16-2008 at 02:41 AM.. Reason: oopsy
Old 01-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Clan Leader VIP
Doing it like that, especially for me since I have a long name lol, is shorter than typing: {{Template:UserHaveamagicalday/sig}} all the time. So I did Template:HAMD/sig which I can then do {{HAMD/sig}} which is a lot shorter.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I can also provide coding for status, on user pages. If you want to know the code, I can gladly give it to you.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:16 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolin View Post
I can also provide coding for status, on user pages. If you want to know the code, I can gladly give it to you.
What is "status"?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
I believe he means if the user is online or offline, not that is means much in DOW being we have VMKF to spread this information.

Also, as said, if your signature is too large for the box, use a template design from a different page. I cut mine down instead of throwing it on another page.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 01-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMarty View Post
What is "status"?
I'll post a picture after school.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: VMK
Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haveamagicalday View Post
Doing it like that, especially for me since I have a long name lol, is shorter than typing: {{Template:UserHaveamagicalday/sig}} all the time. So I did Template:HAMD/sig which I can then do {{HAMD/sig}} which is a lot shorter.
As SpinMarty stated here and here, you can implement this into the signature button so that there will be no need to type it at all.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase

Clan Leader VIP
Before I knew about that, I put it as HAMD, since it was shorter, and if you were ever having to show somebody your signature, you'd probably be copying and pasting the code to show, instead of using a template .

Either way is fine though, I like the template format better imo lol.

~HAMD