Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Pixar or PDI Dreamworks: Poll Added

Login or Register now to see less ads.

View Poll Results: Which is better at making computer animated movies? Pixar or PDI Dreamworks?
Pixar 22 84.62%
PDI Dreamworks 3 11.54%
Other (please specificy) 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Editor Apprentice

Rogie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well you never know...Pixar hasn't inked a deal with another distributor yet. I'm pretty sure Bob Iger is attempting to renegotiate a deal for the Mouse, so there may be hope yet.

Plus, I have no idea how Disney could do it in-house, seeing as they're continually cutting their animation staff.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
By "Other," I assume we're referring to that bizarre group Eisner has set up at Disney. \

Chicken Little? I don't think so.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Banned

Mr.Lunatix is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby
By "Other," I assume we're referring to that bizarre group Eisner has set up at Disney. \

Chicken Little? I don't think so.
or Cars... what a bland title...
Old 07-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Editor Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lunatix
or Cars... what a bland title...
Cars is a pixar flick...sorry to disappoint.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Send in the clowns.

Claw is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Dreamworks is better because it makes funnier stuff and cooler stuff. i like shrek.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I <3 Musicians

FlyThenFall is floating through Inner Space
Dreamworks = Hip and Edgy
Pixar = Disney quality animation

Disney's California Adventure = Hip and Edgy
Disneyland = Disney Quality Entertainment

Hip and Edgy Good

I'm not a fan of Dreamworks, it's gimmicky and gimmicks don't stand the test of time. (I.E. Boy Bands) Pixar has the storytelling through animation down to a science, while keeping their films artistic and moving. And I'm real excited for Cars...not so much Chicken Little...

Surprising how you forget.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:30 PM
The Mouse with 1000 Faces

MousesHelper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Just as a side note I read Disney War a little while ago (good book) and I'm pretty sure there were a couple of people from Disney that founded the company Dreamworks
Oh and without a doubt I vote Pixar
Old 07-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I <3 Musicians

FlyThenFall is floating through Inner Space
I believe that that's true MousesHelper. You just have to look at the output of that studio...I just don't think they compare to Pixar.

Surprising how you forget.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Editor Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousesHelper
Just as a side note I read Disney War a little while ago (good book) and I'm pretty sure there were a couple of people from Disney that founded the company Dreamworks
Oh and without a doubt I vote Pixar

Well, Dreamworks' full title is Dreamworks SKG for the three founders, Steven Spielberg, Jeffery Katzenberg, and David Geffen. Katzenberg used to head Disney's animation department in it's modern heyday (early 90's). Left Disney in a rather bitter legal/personal battle with Eisner as I recall. Let's face reality, though. Prince of Egypt was no Beauty and the Beast.

And for the curious, David Geffen was a music producer, I believe of Nirvana among others.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie
Well, Dreamworks' full title is Dreamworks SKG for the three founders, Steven Spielberg, Jeffery Katzenberg, and David Geffen. Katzenberg used to head Disney's animation department in it's modern heyday (early 90's). Left Disney in a rather bitter legal/personal battle with Eisner as I recall. Let's face reality, though. Prince of Egypt was no Beauty and the Beast.

And for the curious, David Geffen was a music producer, I believe of Nirvana among others.
In fact, there was a battle over who came up with the insect movie first, PIXAR's A Bug's Life or Dreamworks' Antz!. I teach a "History of Animation" class at my school and we get into a comparison of these two films. The similarites are incredible once you start to analyze them

Here is a good article on this "war"
Old 07-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie
Katzenberg used to head Disney's animation department in it's modern heyday (early 90's). Left Disney in a rather bitter legal/personal battle with Eisner as I recall. Let's face reality, though. Prince of Egypt was no Beauty and the Beast.
True, but look at the output after Katzenberg left: Pocahantas, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Home on the Range . . .

There's no doubt he and his people was the power of the rebirth of Disney animation.

Eisner takes the credit, but in reality it was Frank Wells and Jeffery Katzenberg who were responsible for the success of Disney during Eisner's reign. When Wells was killed and Katzenberg left, you can actually see that's when Disney began to crumble.

And that's why we're forcing Eisner out.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Editor Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby
True, but look at the output after Katzenberg left: Pocahantas, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Home on the Range . . .
Are you kidding Cinderella 2 was a smash hit!

(turns sarcasm off)

Quote:
And that's why we're forcing Eisner out.

Too bad it's still in the present tense and not "forced"....we'll see, I guess.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Ranter

bragoandcheri is spinning in a Cursed Storm
fox.
i loved ice age and can't wait for the second one.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Biggest Pixar Fan

TheIncredible is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank you, again, everyone, for replying to this post. It looks like everybody agrees with me! SpinMarty, I loved that article that you linked to. Even the folks at PDI Dreamworks say that PDI isn't looking to become Pixar. They are in a different genre of films. Pixar tries to make the most high quality films, while PDI tries to make as many films as possible to squeeze out the most money from your local movie-goers. That is why Pixar rocks! Woot Woot!

(bump)
Old 07-14-2005, 11:32 PM
DISNEY + STAR WARS LOVER

jedimaster is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Pixar is THE BEST. If it werent for Michel Izner they would still work with disney. That swhy I dont like him!
Kid Bugs