Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > VMKF's Competitions and Contests

VMKF's Competitions and Contests Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggestions.

Old Contribution Contest

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Contribution Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
I throw in a Mega Subscription for the winner and a PM & Sig Subscription for two runners up.

Now that I've got your attention...
The wiki has been filled with quite a lot of information in the time it's been out, but I've noticed that not very many users contribute information, or at least not often. I'm a pretty active poster on this forum, and I would have thought that someone would have PMed me some sort of information, since I'm always telling people that they can contibute by PMing their info or guides to an editor. Now, don't get me wrong- it's not that me or the other editors are too lazy to add the information ourselves, but some people are more experienced in some places, and write better guides for that subject. For example, Schmoofy is into Haunted Mansion, so he can write a good guide that explains the ins and outs of HM. Me, I stink at it, so a lot of the information wouldn't be very detailed and some inaccurate. Also, keep in mind that not every single editor is active.

But enough of all that stuff that you're probably not interested in hearing. xD I'm having a little wiki contest to help people become more interested in the wiki. Here's the details:

1. Write a guide or part of a wiki page and then PM it to me. It can be for VMK, Toontown, Pirates of the Caribbean, or other Disney online games.
2. You can submit more than one/article if you want, but try to keep it in one PM.
3. Pictures are helpful, but they're not required.
4. The best entries will be added to the wiki.
5. The person who submits the #1 best entry will get to get a choice between the following prizes:
  • Contemporary Hotel Pin
  • Disneyland Hotel Pin
  • Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Pin
  • Expedition Everest Cap
6. You can submit more than one entry.
7. Remember, don't submit information that's already there!
8. Editors can enter.
9. If you're an editor, you can submit a page that you worked on in the past, but only if you're the only one who worked on it. You can see if anyone else did work on it by checking the page's history. If you created the page, and people did work after you, the page will be judged by the original versions you made before someone else came in.
10. Entries are only accepted until July 10. If you're an editor working on a page, you may change it as many times as you like until that day, since entries are also judged July 10. Keep in mind that even if your entry doesn't win, it may still be added to the wiki.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage

Last edited by Garfieldo; 06-27-2006 at 02:06 PM..
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Are we allowed to submit information that is already there, If we put it there? I know this would spoil the meaning for the competion, but I am just asking =).

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 06-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebry
Are we allowed to submit information that is already there, If we put it there? I know this would spoil the meaning for the competion, but I am just asking =).
Yes, you can submit information that's already there, if you were the one to contribute it in the first place. BUT, you can only do so if you're the only one who worked on that page.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Administrator
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 19

Nick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I throw in a Mega Subscription for the winner and a PM & Sig Subscription for two runners up.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:24 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
I bet that will get some more participants, Nick!

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 06-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
ooo! I can do the guide on red flips
Old 06-27-2006, 01:45 PM
VMK member for 3 years
Awards Showcase
Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

vmkstar99 is Buried in Treasurevmkstar99 is Buried in Treasure
Perfect, i will do a guide on un-realeased items.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
the inside of my heart.

TikiRoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
I will do one on "Pirate Month", June.
we can take a chance.
this crazy thing that we call a romance
still fills the inside
the inside of my heart.

the inside- danny larsh
i got 3 hugs from him. xD
Old 06-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Registered+

REDTAZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I will do a guide on the new pirates game on vmk how to get to it etc.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:41 AM
VMK member for 3 years
Awards Showcase

When is this contest ending? I am tired of checking back at this thread.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 19

Nick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoNick ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkstar99
When is this contest ending? I am tired of checking back at this thread.
See this from the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldo
10. Entries are only accepted until July 10. If you're an editor working on a page, you may change it as many times as you like until that day, since entries are also judged July 10. Keep in mind that even if your entry doesn't win, it may still be added to the wiki.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
VMK member for 3 years
Awards Showcase

Quote:
See this from the OP

Oh, never saw that.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase

By the way, there's another Contrib Contest on TTC now, and three people on that site will get subscriptions, too! That means it's two seperate contests. Also, since it started late, the TTC contest ends July 15.

Happy contributing! ^^

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 06-29-2006, 04:30 PM
VMK member for 3 years
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldo
By the way, there's another Contrib Contest on TTC now, and three people on that site will get subscriptions, too! That means it's two seperate contests. Also, since it started late, the TTC contest ends July 15.

Happy contributing! ^^

Hey, could you use my entry as my TTC entry, too?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkstar99
Hey, could you use my entry as my TTC entry, too?
Umm... Do you have a TTC account? Because if you win on TTC, you'll get your subscription for that account over there, and not on VMKF (or at least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works).