Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (October 13-19)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (October 13-19)

This Week in VMK!
October 13-19

Welcome to the fifth installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

Missed an installment? Check out the "This Week in VMK" Archives

2005:

October 13

Newsletter
October 15th:

New ship added to the Blast in Space game:

Star Tours Ship (later renamed Star Speeder 3000

October 17th:

Released

The Hong Kong Ship Chair Yellow is released as a Blast in Space prize.

October 19th:

Newsletter

2006:

October 13th:

Released

The Halloween Pumpkin Pin is released as the third pin in the Halloween Pin Set. It is sold in the Emporium for 500 credits.

October 16th:

Released

The Jafar Hat is sold in the Emporium for 1000 credits.
Females can be pretty in pink wearing the Pink Superhero Costume. They can purchase the Superhero Shirt Pink and Superhero Pants Pink in the Emporium for 500 credits each.
Just in time for Trick or Treating, players can purchase the Halloween Candy Dispenser for 500 credits in the Emporium.

Re-released

The Green Superhero Costume (Superhero Shirt Green and Superhero Pants Green) are re-released along with the Superhero Mask and the Superhero Shoes.

The Yellow Explorer's Costume (Explorer's Jacket Yellow, Explorer's Jacket with Camera Yellow, Explorer's Shorts Yellow) and the Explorer's Boots are re-released.

Retired

Halloween Pumpkin Pin, Witch Hat, Halloween Pumpkin Bag

Native American Headdress, Native American Vest, Native American Boots

Princess Tiara, Princess Bodice Blue, Princess Hooped Skirt Blue, Princess Slippers Blue

Now Tradeable!

The Superhero Mask is now tradeable!

Newsletter
  • Yavn Speaks about Halloween in VMK
  • Tips fit for a pirate.
  • Yeti answers questions.
  • Push challenges Cars fans.
  • Top Players: Cindrbellas, Slamina, SpaceJack, BestCoolDawg, and Mystify_Me

October 19th

Fin's Quivering Quest Madness
Click the image to view the full version

Take part in this week's Fin's Quivering Quest Madness

2007:

October 14th

Fin's Quivering Quest
Click the image to view the full version

Players can take part in Fin's Quivering Quest.

October 15th
Retired

Halloween Seance Circle Trumpet Pin

NewsletterOctober 19th

Released

The Halloween Seance Circle Harp Pin is released as the third pin in the Halloween Seance Circle pin set. It is sold in the Emporium for 500 credits.
The Halloween Mickey Ghost Orange is sold in the Emporium for 1000 credits

Re-released

Superhero Mask, Superhero Shirt Green , Superhero Pants Green, Superhero Shoes, Superhero Shirt Pink, Superhero Pants Pink, Jafar Hat, Halloween Candy Dispenser

Retired

Halloween Mickey Ghost White

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 11-04-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Ooh!! I remember the ghosts!! =)
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005- I remember haunted mansion pins but didn't buy because I didn't have a lot of credits.
2006- Wasn't playing
2007- I remember it all!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
D:
2005- Don't Remember
2006- On break from VMK
2007- On break from VMK
Old 10-18-2008, 02:27 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
this brings back really really good memories.
i got a chill thi morning when i started thinking about how i would be playing vmk right now.
call me a baby, and tell me to get over it, but ill ALWAYS miss vmk.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Lion + Lamb = Twilight
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Tolerant
PrincessTiffani is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was gunna say...... What about 2008! But then I realized, VMK closed in May so you really cant say this year
Old 10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Gonna go ahead and reply to this before the next weeks is posted...

Blast in Space game.. well well well.. I do remember getting stressed over this game. I couldn't do it, yet Wendot and my good friend BigRrgh come on and get 60 million codes a day. Good times.. thanks to you two for the tips on that game, however they really didn't help.. or change my opinion how how bad that game was.. haha.

Pumpkin pin? Woot. I remember buying that, along with seeing that Halloween Bag for the very first time!! I think on my time on VMK, I ended up with about 30 of those candy bags.. they were one of my favorite pieces of furniture in game. Never did see a point in the Super Hero suit though, or the jafar hat..

Wait... wait.. is that a quest I see? Oh the joy of loading your clones and getting as many orange bags as you want!
Orange mickey pumpkin... only ever owned about 4 of them. White were way better imo..

Thanks so much for posting Up, can't wait to see next weeks!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah i remember those good old days *sniff* especially the blast in space. That was considered EPIC back then lol
Old 10-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
It's back again
Old 10-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Awe... I loved the halloween items from VMK!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really like these posts as it is a little trip down memory lane. It also reminds me of all the different themed rooms I had and what were in them. I liked my halloween room but really liked my 10 room christmas train ride.

Sometimes I wish I had taken pictures but other times I am kinda glad I didn't.

Wombat

I still have my big stack of VMK cards by the computer. I just haven't thrown them away yet.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
it was always funny how crowded the stores were
Old 10-18-2009, 03:18 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Awwww, I remember when I use to play Pirates all day to try and get all of the costumes.

And then I bought like a million of the Halloween Mickey Ghosts. lol
Old 10-18-2009, 03:20 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Those ghosts were just the cutest Halloween decorations ever. I saw a little ghost Mickey in the store, and that was the first thing that popped in my head. If it was large, floated up and down, and turned orange, I might have bought it.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I really, really miss the Halloween Mickey Ghost Orange, it was soooo cute!

I loved the Halloween Candy Dispenser too, and the clothes *sighs* I miss halloween on VMK, it was awesome.