Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Pirates of the Caribbean undergoing a "Major" refurbishment?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-16-2005, 04:05 AM
My TSMM Score: 280,600

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Pirates of the Caribbean undergoing a "Major" refurbishment?

After to talking to several cast members last week, they have been saying that there will be a "major" refurbishment at Disneyland Park's Pirates of the Caribbean with much emphasis on "major." Does anyone know the details of this "major refurbishment" and will it more than just it's necessary maintenance and upkeep?
Old 10-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Evil Flower

My Mood: Adventurous
Xiris is floating through Inner Space
WHAT!?

It was fine how it was! !
Old 10-16-2005, 05:11 AM

Wynsome is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Not sure how true this is, but last I heard they were going to add elements of the films to the ride in both US parks.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:13 AM
Banned

jentink has disabled reputation
this has been a rumor circulating for a long time. don't know how true it is though, there are "inside sources" reportedly saying yes it's true and no it's not true. i know on ******** there are extensive threads on this if you wanted to search there.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaviMap
After to talking to several cast members last week, they have been saying that there will be a "major" refurbishment at Disneyland Park's Pirates of the Caribbean with much emphasis on "major." Does anyone know the details of this "major refurbishment" and will it more than just it's necessary maintenance and upkeep?
Major meaning something of the following
1-A repainting and replacemtn of every single thing in the ride(like its a small world at WDW)
2-Something isnt working properly,and needs to be replced with something new,or they are taking it out.
3-They are adding something completely new to the ride.
4-Maybe just new boats for it,you never know.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:14 AM
VMK's Chicken Little!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

nymo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thumbs up

I Hear They're Adding More Effect So It Will Resemble The Movie(s) A Bit More..

Yes, Jack Sparrow Animatronics And A Transforming Barbossa.. Sounds Interesting..

Also, Some Talks About A Nightly Ride-Change, Similar To Space Mountain (to be rock it mountain at night..)

Of Course, Those Are Rumors, I Think..
Old 10-16-2005, 05:15 AM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynsome
Not sure how true this is, but last I heard they were going to add elements of the films to the ride in both US parks.
Interesting... I guess this would be more appealing to Teens who have seen the movie to ride the ride and not be bored to death...

Pirates of the Carribbean is not the best ride in Magic Kingdom park for Teens...
Old 10-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Ranter

Signalcorps has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymo
Also, Some Talks About A Nightly Ride-Change, Similar To Space Mountain (to be rock it mountain at night..)
I see I'm not the only one who visits DisneyLies.com
Old 10-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynsome
Yup, a (Geoffery Rush) Barbossa and (Johnny Depp) Jack Sparrow character are PLANNED to be added.

Quote:
i dont have a clue what we are talking about though will some one help me plz?FONT="Impact"][/font][/font]
Old 10-16-2005, 05:40 AM
My TSMM Score: 280,600

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I heard they are going to start this refurbishement in a few months (I think it would probably be well after the Christmas season & New Year's since that's the peak attendance period for the Disneyland Resort).
Old 10-16-2005, 05:49 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
OK here is what I know.

Last year (2004) at the NFFC convention in Anaheim we had a chance to meet some Disney execs. They were talking about a refurb of the PotC ride.

The idea (then) was after the ship battle scene instead of going to the right to the burning town scenes you would travel LEFT into the current boat storage area. At that time Imagineers had already been and measured, calculated, etc. The ride would go the normal way during the day but at night it would go the new way.

This new part would be more scary, include the moonlight walk effects from the movies, etc.

That is all I know and it was sort of a truth/rumor/idea from Disney folks last year.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
So it would go in, and make a u-turn out? Awesome.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Not a u-turn. You would bypass the town scene all together and rejoin about where the jail scene is.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Banned

Haydenfan is as Frosty as a Snowman
OK what are they going to do to my fav ride! they better not make it stink! i love that ride! even though some parts might need a couple of more deeps i don't want it to change!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:59 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

No it would remain the same during the day. The idea is that it would change after dark