Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old Need help Posting images on the wiki

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Born to Ride

ASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with Confetti
Need help Posting images on the wiki

Wiki Editors please help me here,

I am new to the wiki and was on this morning attempting to edit an existing page. In doing this I was going to need to add picures. I tried the path I have that links to the VMK Forums Gallery and got no pic just the path typed out. I then checked the rules regarding pictures and see the they need to be uploaded to a page called "Commons", or "WikiCommons"

I went there and of course it requires a login, i used the same login supplied to me by Nick to gain access to the wiki (which works fine there) but when I try to login to the commons it says I do not exist there. What do I do now?

How do I get pictures into my edits? If they have to be uploaded to commons first and I can't login there I am stuck.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure what you are saying or doing is allowed? Check the Forum Rules and Regulations to be sure!
Do you play ToonTown? Check the Wiki for everything you need to know about Toontown!
For everthing VMK go to the Wiki
Old 08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
Either post the direct link to the image after uploading it, or try this-

-upload the picture - http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...Special:Upload

Place the image url into where it says here -

[[imageimage url here without ())]]

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Born to Ride

ASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with Confetti
Well that got me to the page I was looking for with previously uploaded files there but when I tried to upload nothing happens. I am properly logged in but still nothing.

The following line is in the information above the links line and I do not know what this is as there is not a box to check relating to the information in the line. Any further help is very appreciated as I would like to start helping with the wiki but need to use pics to do so.

You must also check the box affirming that you are not violating any copyrights by uploading the file. Press the "Upload" button to finish the upload.

Thanks Schmoofy,

VMKPlayer123

edit: OK I was able to upload the pic now I will see if I can incorporate it in a wiki page.

Are you sure what you are saying or doing is allowed? Check the Forum Rules and Regulations to be sure!
Do you play ToonTown? Check the Wiki for everything you need to know about Toontown!

Last edited by ASuperStitch; 08-30-2006 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: upload clarification
Old 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Also, double check that the photo has not been uploaded already. For example, the Magic pin that you have uploaded is already in the wiki. If yuo go to the magic pin section and click on that pin you can go directly to that photo's page. Then you can just copy/paste that photo-link to your page.

Also, check the formats of the other quests for consistency.

Thanks for joining the wiki and contributing.

SM
Old 08-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinMarty View Post
Also, double check that the photo has not been uploaded already. For example, the Magic pin that you have uploaded is already in the wiki. If yuo go to the magic pin section and click on that pin you can go directly to that photo's page. Then you can just copy/paste that photo-link to your page.

Also, check the formats of the other quests for consistency.

Thanks for joining the wiki and contributing.

SM
I noticed that pin was there but it was after I did the upload. I searched for the pin by name but it was named Nautilis something I did not see it since the name I was searching was Deep Sea Diving Blue Diving Pin.

thanks for the help