Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old 4/07/08 - Yavn Speaks: VMK CLOSES FOR GOOD!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:13 AM
♥vίvίαη/∂ιž♥
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Disney
Dizney_Princess is as Frosty as a Snowman
Yes, this news is devastating, but instead of moping around all the time, we should be enjoying ourselves. I mean, I love VMK and all, but what would be the point of playing VMK when you're not even having fun? We should stop acting as if we're being timed to live (technically we are, but that's besides the point) and make many great memories before VMK closes (if it does).
Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I like books.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
SmileGirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBird View Post
No! Why are they doing this to us? Most of the people here on VMKF call VMK our home away from home, what will we do with our VMK time?

I know. I'm crying as I type this... all us Here From Day Ones are so sad because we've been on for so long.. and my sister, who just got back into VMK after taking such a long break.. I was on my Mom's account the first day, then I made my own just so my and my sister could play on both computers and we played for like, four and a half hours.

I'm absolutely clueless on the time it will take me to get over this.
But hey, maybe my Mom will let me stay up til closing that day..

Why, VMK? Why did you make a girl so depressed?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
OMG! this is what i get for coming back to vmk for the first time in three weeks....
This is HORRIBLE news.....
everything we worked for for 2/3 years- its alll going to be gone...
Old 04-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Secrets of the VMK member

PowerfulCoolLake is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post Hah VMK *****!

VMK! VMK! Why even say that word now! Its The END! I KNEW WHEN VMK STARTED HANDING OUT 10 YEAR BANS FOR A STUPID REASON SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT AND HAHAHA THEN VMK PREMOTES OTHER GAMES!! ITS SO OBVIOUS!

P.S. I knew ages ago bc vmk send me a email saying. We have decided that you will never play vmk again.... i got a 10 year ban 2which means they knew they was closing!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:11 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I feel so sad about VMK closing it doors I wish there was a way to stop this. It's a great game!
Old 04-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Mega PM Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

MagicMontey is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I believe in the Magic! I also believe that shutting down VMK would make The Walt Disney Company less magical. Walt did not let money be his only guide - he chose to pursue his dream. Yes, he went bankrupt twice before the age of thirty, but he did not close the gates.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Save VMK!

SupaSBK is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK can never be replaced. If they shut it down, they are ruining something great. Walt would never do this!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
A Marker that is Orange

Orangemarker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Just goes to show you, what good are vitual items? The stitch hat and all that? Its really all a waste, and if you choose to spend all your hours of the day playing online, that's your desicion.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Registered+

Mooshu has disabled reputation
Wow, this is surprising. (I'm not being sarcastic.)
Old 04-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Save VMK!

SupaSBK is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu View Post
Wow, this is surprising. (I'm not being sarcastic.)
This really is a very sudden announcement for something this huge. It makes me wonder if it's partly because of all the bad stuff that accompanied the Captain Blackheart Quest.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:55 PM
VMK Player

Nortie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh wow vmk.

you know, as I can see it... VMK was just a piece of plastic. Why would I say that? Because any little thing got you into trouble and banned for some time. Even though that was a good thing, they made outrageous ban times. 10 years is a punishment too harsh for words. A worse punishment is finding out VMK is closing. Remember the start of this month? Yavn was excited to announce a Topsy Turvy month was starting! then we fall into week two and Yavn changes... He's not excited anymore, and he announces VMK is closing. What happened? There are various rumours about it, like I heard - " Yavn has ' Moved On ' to better things instead of VMK, so Disney was forced to take over and when they didn't want to anymore they said you know what just pull the plug! " ~ as heard from a host.

There are over 5,000 Players on VMK a day. VMK full time lovers go on everyday they can, while others go every other day. Let's say you have 5,000 people go on one day, but not the next. And then you have another 5,000 people go on the day the previous 5 grand did not go on. That's 10,000 different people that go on in two days! There are more players than that of course. So when they close VMK they swing the bat at not one heart, but thousands, and possibly millions! There has been reports of crying, anger, swearing, you name it at VMK! I recently heard a few days ago about Thursday at 12:00 Noon CNN gave a VMK report because two players pleaded CNN to do that for them.

My thoughts of why VMK is closing is because Disney doesn't want to lose anymore money. If you think about it, Disney is very greedy! I don't care if you're a Disney lover and don't like this statement, but TOUGH! It's the truth! At Disneyland, they have water for like 5 dollars. They got a plush Mickey Mouse for a 100 dollars!! So Disneyland alone gets at least 1 million dollars a DAY. So having VMK would take off a chunk of that million dollars because it's first of all a FREE GAME, it has millions of players which cause the server to go haywire sometimes (more money),etc. Now we have Pirates Online, worst graphics ever I been told, and it costs money. Toontown Online is a fun site except it costs money as well and it gets a little boring searching about the very long streets for cogs. I consider this is a cause because VMK costs much money for Disney to uphold and it's for free so they don't get any money. They are greedy though, they just want money and by closing VMK gets them money back because it also lures others into pay to play sites by Disney as well. Notice how they want you on Toontown? Not for your enjoyment... That's for them to get money.

When VMK says it's closing because it was a Promotion made only for the 50th celebration... I find that bologna. If it was a promotion for ONLY the 50th celebration... Why did they make a beta week, and put so much effort into the game? REALLY! The VMK workers made sacrifices for us to have fun on a game. That to me makes it more than a promotion, especially since the game lasted more than it intended. I can see a promotion ending, but you know... them saying VMK is closing because it's a promotion out of the blue is just nasty. it's vulgar in my opinion. It's like they were happy at the beginning of this month... and out of nowhere they are cruel and surprising. This promotion blame.... no it's for money. Disney wants your money.

What is really upsetting is they have all these things selling for vmk, and a lot of people have spent 100's of dollars on VMK merchandise from the parks. Now that they are closing the game all that money was spent for NOTHING. First of all technically that stuff was bought for nothing since you cant have it for yourself out of the virtual world, but now you can't ever see it again!

Disney makes me so mad because all they want is money. They don't give a hoot about us. All they want is money money money. Why would they close VMK? Why not close Toontown instead!?...Notice how VMK is closing and it's free, but other sites won't close because they are pay to play. Toontown is also like a promotion. See the difference? MONEY is all Disney wants. Too much money makes you greedy. That has already happened to Disney.

Now I have seen many petitions to save VMK, but not to hurt your feelings... they're not going to work people. 'Yavn' has decided to close VMK for good, so why fight with him? Yes I would love to save VMK But it's not worth it. What are they going to do write a letter? Send them a picture of all the names that signed onto the petition? Nah that wont work. I already told you, Disney only wants their money. And I'm quite fed up with Disney if you ask me.

What also bugs me is when VMK closes, we lose ALL our virtual friends we've come to know and love! That's Not Right! I cannot just say goodbye forever to all my greatest friends! ( some of my friends on here are my best of all my friends including the ones I actually know in life! ) Now VMK announced they are TRYING to do something with Disney .com To try to get us a chance to still talk to our VMK friends. Whoa Whoa WHOA! TRYING!? No no no! They should have already made the system and try it out! What happens if they don't finish they project when VMK closes? How the heck are we supposed to know what to do for the system? This is much more vulgar to me. But of course, nothing makes me more mad then the buying the virtual items paragraph.

I personally think VMK should make Disney send EVERYONE who has been here for at least 6 Months a gift in the mail. And a thankyou letter for coming onto the site and doing everything involved with Disney/VMK. I think for people who have been on VMK for more than a year, should get a 100 - 200 dollar gift card to Disneyland or WDW.

To end this... thing that I have been talking to you about, I want to pursuade Disney to do a Real Life VMK. Where you go online and buy a VMK avatar, which is 1 ft high and you get a starter pack. Like for your character you could buy things like how VMK ran, like limited time furniture like the Firewalls. Also you could go the parks and buy a little stitch hat for your character. So all the stuff in VMK, would become real and you could buy stuff for a little Avatar that you buy.

To simplify the paragraph above i am basically saying this:
- Get a action figure vmk avatar - Buy VMK clothes for it,
- Buy little toy furniture that was in the game
- and buy VMK stuff for you as well!

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-13-2008 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: irritating post style/advertising
Old 04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Lalalaaaaa......
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
ZooZoo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I actually LIKE Toontown better than VMK now. Instead of closing Toontown why can't they close Club Penguin or POTCO? And if Disney didn't have money, DISNEY would probably close. And about that last part of a new vmk with that doll and stuff, I would have to buy it. The first thing I wouldn't like about that is that it isn't multiplayer. Why can't VMK just charge a membership to get awesome things and not close? I'd rather not enjoy awesome things than not enjoy them at all..
Old 04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I couldn't help myself posting.
Myself and all my accounts (say... all 35 of them?) have been here for over a year. Does that mean I can get $7000? Awesome!

BTW, I'd LOVE my own doll StitchMad, which I could dress up in either a cowboy suit, or a HM suit... or maybe a Sparrow Suit, complete with Red Flips and Stitch Hat? The possibilities are endless, if only VMK think!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:09 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
I agree 100%!

Disney is way too greedy seriously.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Disney doesn't listen to itself.. :l

I was watching Modern Marvels on the history channel and the fact was Lights! Motors! Action! was a part of Disneyland's 50th Celebration and it was very successful so they kept it. VMK is successful and part of Disneyland's 50th Celebration, but they are taking it away. It's like to magnets that are both north with no south. Then this guy said they never let a good idea die.. VMK Is a good idea and it's dieing. :l See what I mean?