Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (November 24-30)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (November 24-30)

This Week in VMK!
November 24-30

Welcome to the latest installment of our feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2005:

November 25th:

Thanksgiving Quest Begins!

Follow the clues given out by the NPCs in this special Thanksgiving Quest that predates the Q button. Players could visit designated rooms to find photos; by stringing together the first letter of each pictured item, they could spell the names of two Thanksgiving foods and submit their answers via Contact Us for prizes. Everyone who sent in a correct answer won a Jungle Cruise Laughing Hyena Pin, and a few winners were randomly selected for additional prizes.

Released

The Baseball Cap Reversed is released.

November 27th:

Thanksgiving Quest Ends!
Did you figure out the clues? Hope so! The Thanksgiving Quest ends today!

November 28th:

VMK iPod Sweepstakes Begins

The VMK iPod Sweepstakes begins. Running through December 23rd, this event encouraged players to recruit more people to play VMK by offering them a chance to win an iPod Nano when people joined VMK and listed them as the referrer.

Retired

The Baseball Cap Reversed is retired.

November 29th:

Newsletter

2006:

November 24th

Ebay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes Begins

Players can win VMK codes for special items in the Ebay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes.
Quote:
Submit Hidden Mickey selections November 24 - December 3 for Virtual Magic Kingdom prizes! Every day you find Hidden Mickey, eBay will send a special bonus code to My Messages in My eBay, allowing you to claim a virtual item to use in Disney's free online game, Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK.com). Collect all seven prizes and be the envy of the Kingdom!
Released

The Space Mountain Pin is released as the final pin in the Space Mountain Pin Set.

The Football First Down Marker is released as a HOST_ prize.

November 25th:
Ebay Holiday Dreams Items Released

As players start to enter their codes, the following items come into the kingdom:
Re-released

The Buried In Treasure Magic Pin is re-released as players dig it up with their Treasure Detector Magic Pin Single Use pins

November 27th:

Released

VMK releases Hanukkah Presents (released as Chanukah Presents), Holiday Chair Red (released as Dreidel Chair Red), and the Holiday 2006 Wreath Pin

Re-released

VMK re-releases the Pink Holiday Wreath, Stack of Presents, and Toy Soldier Red.

Retired

The Space Mountain Pin and Thanksgiving 06 Pin are retired.

Newsletter
  • Yavn Speaks about the Ebay Sweepstakes and then adds an update on the Space Mountain Ride competition, Football items and Holiday Quests
  • The Yeti answers a football related question
  • Push has some Donald Trivia
  • Top Players: MelodyZrocks, CL_Crustopher, Rrockstarr, and Katienana

2007:

November 24th
Released

The Royal Throne Blue is released via the Royal Ride-a-thon

November 25th

Released

The Royal Cloud Prop is released via the Royal Ride-a-thon

Retired

The Royal Throne Blue is retired.

November 26th

Retired

The Royal Cloud Prop and Fab 5 Fall Leaves Goofy Pin are retired

Newsletter

November 30th

Released

The Fab 5 Fall Leaves Pluto Pin is released.
Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 PM
(: peace && <3
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Born In Park Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: Hakuna_Matata
MzDiamondBubbles is as Frosty as a Snowman
=( i miss vmk but i had all of that stuff but the hat...=( i miss vmk
Old 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not obsessed...really

Ursweetbabygurl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Did anyone else look at the quest clues and immediately know -or- try to figure out where we would be going?

"/ Sadness.
*sigh*
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I remember MagicSeeker. That guy made this incredible maze for halloween back in '05. That guy was truly amazing.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 11-27-2008, 08:22 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Good times.. good times.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I remember doing the eBay sweepstakes with my dad, good memories.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
*sigh* I want a castle turret chair in real life! I loved that chair, my favorite, after the Maleficent throne
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
haii.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
DuckSwimmer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really miss VMK now. Seeing the pics from the past, and that IPod contest. Wow now i really miss vmk.

signature&avatar made by me
Old 11-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head

Fresh off the Turkey Leg Cart...
A very special Thanksgiving This Week Bump!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I remember people made ipod waiting rooms to wait for the announcement of the winners. Also, I didn't understand the Thanksgiving quest, therefore I never finished it. lol

Also, I still can't believe this all happened 2-4 years ago. As I'm thinking about it, I was much younger when I started playing.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P

Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey LOOK! Its the time when I won Best Quest Award
Old 11-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 11-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I remember the iPod sweepstake.. It was cool seeing the winners being announced. Now that I think about it that seemed like the only time game wide announcements were made.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I remember the iPod Nano sweepstakes. I even remember it was my good friend called CL_AmazingSam who posted the news on VMKForums all those years ago. I thought she was running the competition and didn't realise she was just copy and pasting the article! Sooooo many people that I've lost contact with!

MagicSeeker was a really friendly guy... and the Dream furni from eBay.. oh my, the memories!