Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old RIP VMK... 2 years today.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 PM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
RIP VMK... 2 years today.

Sooo, some people remember May 21st as the worst day of their life. I'm sure most, or all people on this forum think of today as the worst day of their lives.
Some remember it as David Cook day. At 10:00, the exact moment VMK closed, David Cook was crowned "The New American Idol".
I would like everybody to come here today to uhm....
Remember VMK. D:
What do you miss the most?

RIP VMK: June 2005 - May 21st, 2008
I'm going to spend my day looking through the old archives of this forum... it is very nostalgic.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN! ....Too early.
(My accounts on the other sister sites)
|TTC|PHF|
Old 05-21-2010, 07:56 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Happy VMK Day =D
If you want to understand it, look at the 1 Year thread. xD
I miss my friends.
They were awesome and I'd love to be able to talk to them again Dx

Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 PM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Happy VMK Day =D
If you want to understand it, look at the 1 Year thread. xD
I miss my friends.
They were awesome and I'd love to be able to talk to them again Dx
Agreed. :c
I only have kept in touch with one person, but my other friend, my best friend from VMK, I can't contact her anymore...

THIS IS HALLOWEEN! ....Too early.
(My accounts on the other sister sites)
|TTC|PHF|
Old 05-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It's amazing to think it's only been two years.. It feels like it's been way longer. I have kind of drifted away from the game bit unfortunetly, I still have hope for something similar to the game.

Red
Old 05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
SPEED DEMON<3
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Design an Outfit Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Cloud_9
Akovia is floating through Inner Space
My gosh, I can't believe it's already been two years. I still miss the game. I remember all of the "lols" and stories that were shared between me and all of my friends. I miss all of my friends from VMK dearly and I've been trying to find some of them on here and on other sites for a very long time. You never know, maybe someday our beloved VMK will be back if we keep on believing.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
*sets flowers down, sheds tear, and walks away silently*
Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Two years, seems alot longer than i though it would.

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-22-2010 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Advertising
Old 05-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman

I remember...
Old 05-22-2010, 01:35 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
I miss you, VMK
Old 05-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
May 21 was horrible for me...VMK closed and I wanted Archuleta to win.
But look at the bright side, it's Pac Man's birthday today.

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 05-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
TiggerDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
It's amazing to think it's only been two years.. It feels like it's been way longer. I have kind of drifted away from the game bit unfortunetly, I still have hope for something similar to the game.

Red
I feel like it closed only a few months ago... Luckily I found 2 friends.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I said to myself all May that I would remember the 21st, but it looks like I forgot all about it! :P

I still remember that closing dance clear as day. I logged on mine and my Dad's account and my Mom logged on her own - we all went into the Castle Forecourt. All of our best friends joined us in there along with VMK_Griffin. We woke up at 4am, due to the time difference it meant we had to wake up to join in the fun

I agree VMK was fun, it was amazing. But as they say, all good things must come to an end.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Well I was in VMK August 05 - May 08. I was only able to get on the last day for like 10 minutes to say goodbye. Weird. :/
But anyhoo, I miss just conversing with friends you didn't know where they lived. It was cool. I loved making a cafe and watching it soar to the top of the rooms list.

I hated, however, the sound of the boot.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Ahhh, the one day I don't check the forums is probably the most important day of the year here. But trust me, though I forgot yesterday, I haven't forgotten VMK. I remember waking up at opening to play pirates, spending the morning in various trade rooms hunting down the last pin to complete my set, waiting in ridiculously long queues for the latest HOST game, trying to have both VMK and the Spoilers section of VMKF open without my computer freezing, dancing on the magical day's conclusion with all of my friends and perhaps even some Staff, and simply wandering through the Kingdom, admiring the art that VMK was and listening to the music. VMK will always have a place in my heart.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:44 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Sadly, I kind of forgot about all the magic VMK contained. It's not like me to forget. I guess as the years continue we all get older and move on. RIP.