Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old What's keeping you here?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 AM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Award Spooky Scribe Award Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Cakee is floating through Inner Space
What's keeping you here?

It's been a while, I know.
And that made me wonder.. why are you still here? I don't mean to be rude or anything, just curious.
This isn't like this thread. I want to know why you're still here and not why people are still here.

For me, it's probably the fact that I used to come here every single day, the whole day.
And seeing it die down wasn't a pretty sight, so I stopped coming as much as I used to.

Every time I'm here, there are only a few people online. Doesn't it get a little boring? Honest?
I was thinking of VMK today and that's why I decided to pay another visit.

It's almost been two years, you guys. Two years.

This heart, it beats. Beats for only you. My heart is yours.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
From someone who joined just 8 days after you, I believe I am in the very same boat.

I literally know zero people on here 0_o. Everyone left.

So why do I still visit? I loved VMK.

However, I post about twice every three weeks, still check every day, but there's just nothing to talk about anymore.

I can't connect with the 'new' people that I don't know. And I absolutely hate RPG's.

I mean; this is what happened to me.

Joined Oct 2005
Extremely Active until 2006
Came back on the year VMK closed, I didn't even know it had, but I remembered this site.
Everyone was different >_<
I post minimally now.

So I sit and watch this place, but yes it gets boring, yes I think it's basically just an RPG forum now, and yes I am still here.

And I really hope you stay and talk on this thread and not just leave after one day, it's lonely here haha
Old 03-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well I just get on every day and there is nothing to post on.
But I get on because I just love forums, pretty much.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
From someone who joined just 8 days after you, I believe I am in the very same boat.

However, I post about twice every three weeks, still check every day, but there's just nothing to talk about anymore.

I can't connect with the 'new' people that I don't know. And I absolutely hate RPG's.

Joined Oct 2005
Came back on the year VMK closed, I didn't even know it had, but I remembered this site.
I post minimally now.

So I sit and watch this place, but yes it gets boring, yes I think it's basically just an RPG forum now, and yes I am still here.

And I really hope you stay and talk on this thread and not just leave after one day, it's lonely here haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.PrincessLucy View Post
Well I just get on every day and there is nothing to post on.
But I get on because I just love forums, pretty much.
Agreed, I was here almost the entire time here while I was still playing VMK and until it closed, I just check in once in a while. I still come here because I still care.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I'm still on for the few RPGs left and because I refuse to let go. Really, I think I'm in denial. Most of my friends left. Some came back.
It's all a draw of the cards. You win some, lose some.
I'm still here because I miss VMK as much as the next person, and because of the friendships I'm still hoping live.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 AM
the ground is falling.
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Insomnious
GryfindorGal is floating through Inner Space
it's a really good question. a lot of the time, I have no idea why I am still on here. I hadn't played vmk for a good three months before it closed - I'm probably one of the few who got over losing vmk relatively quickly. (though, I still have my days when I regret never going back and participating in vmk more when I heard it was closing)

I think I'm on here for the good conversations and the good people. I've met all different kinds of personalities & made good friendships on the forum, even though a lot of my closest vmkf friends aren't on here anymore.

-K

It's funny how the words we never say/can turn into the only thoughts we know
So if you hear this song on the radio/I've said it now and there's no turning back

myshop myuserpage myprofile
music: monday morning - death cab for cutie
Old 03-13-2010, 05:01 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I'm here cause of friends and RPGs.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:32 PM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Award Spooky Scribe Award Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post

Joined Oct 2005
I post minimally now.

I think I actually remember you from VMK.
I have this crazy feeling that you were once on my friendslist, but then magically disappeared when my list suddenly got messed up and decided to throw people out.
I'm not a big fan of RPGs either, and don't worry; I'll stay. I just won't post that much.

It's sad to see that I've lost contact with so many good friends. I wonder how they're doing, how life's treating them.

I remember when there were 710 people online. It was crazy. And now 20-25 max.
I just hope some come back and say hi. That would make me very happy.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:27 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I want to become a top poster which I doubt will happen, heh.

Also, this was the first forum I joined 4 years ago and I can't just leave! I don't have specific reasons but this is my second VMK home, leaving now just shuts down the memories. It's hard to explain.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
MLKnCookies, you can become a top poster really quickly here. xD I've held the Top Poster crown for a while now. ROTFL
But yeah...
I'll probably stay on here until someone kicks me out for good. >_>
Old 03-13-2010, 07:39 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Although, I don't get on everyday like I used to, I still visit.
I get on, check my PM's, browse a little bit, and then get off.
I'm visiting because I love keeping in touch with my VMK friends(:
Old 03-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Ghosty
crystal castle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i know im new here and ever thing but i understand how u all feel when i found out it closed i was really really sad i didnt even get to play really and i was like no!!!! and i understand how sad it is to basicly lose most of ur friends its sad hey lets hope maybe they will started it up again who knows right? well if it maters ill be ur friend i know im new but hey i can be funny hee hee hee and id love to talk to u all talk to ya all soon i hope
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
VMK really taught me important life lessons and when it closed, taught me even more about myself. VMKF is a site I visited, like you, each day, all day. I've done a lot of posts here, been here so long and a lot of history is held here. I like to think of it more of a diary than anything else.

I still have contact with a lot of friends, but it's always good when people like you drop by again Cake. How are you and fly?!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
My Mood: VMK
LuckyJazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm here because this is the very first forum I ever joined.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
thinks he's the one.
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
VMK really taught me important life lessons and when it closed, taught me even more about myself. VMKF is a site I visited, like you, each day, all day. I've done a lot of posts here, been here so long and a lot of history is held here. I like to think of it more of a diary than anything else.

I still have contact with a lot of friends, but it's always good when people like you drop by again Cake. How are you and fly?!
See, I like these kind of things.
Hello Stitch, it's been forever. We're doing good, thanks

I loved this place. I remember as soon as VMK opened, I'd be on this forum and flyguest (my brother) would be like "Ugh, you're on VMKf again? Gosh, you're so addicted to it."
Good times.