View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
Oh yes. Many people and friend I know are agreeing (and arguing) that Disney is just way too more business now.
Hmmmm....

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
Part of me agrees with that view, but on the other hand I think we need to look at the hard facts and talk business. Disney himself was an intelligent man, and whilst he is (quite rightly) portrayed as a magic-maker, he was also an incredible businessman. He knew exactly what he was doing and had the guts to try something new. He had the sheer perseverance to pull himself out of bankruptcy on more than one occasion - he understood his company, and he understood how to get the best deal. The point I'm trying to make is that Walt Disney said many of these things in the 1950s and 1960s. The question isn't "what would Walt do?" but rather "would he have been forced to keep up with the ever-changing nature of society to compliment his business-accumen?" - and strangely enough, I think he would. He would have been proud of the decisions taken by such a talented set of individuals in the Disney company, and I think a lot of recent decisions may well have been in contrast to his earliest speeches. Society has changed, and Disney, like all good businesses, must keep up with it. It's all about the context and time period.

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: non-g