View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:08 AM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
I agree here. Now I just want to put a little spin on it.

Unlike in their other pay-to-play online games, VMK was not bringing in money directly to the WDIG. However, it was making money for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, which helped develop the game. So, after communicating with WDPR about what they thought VMK's influence was on revenue, WDIG decided that VMK did not have the potential to be a financially successful pay-to-play game and so it was closed. Does this sound probable?
That sounds about right to me, and probably an adding factor. Other divisions other than the WDIG were benefitting more than them. It's probably a law or Disney rule or Bob Iger's wishlist that WDIG can't accept more than 10p per year from the public.

There was probably some rubbish with Sulake at the same time which was just the icing on the cake. Get rid of the game - it's a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillJacob View Post
They are rival movie companies and don't want to be associated with Sulake at the same time. Why? Both Habbo and VMK have links to Sulake's site, and that can lead them to another game which advertises the rival. Maybe Paramount started talks with Sulake towards the end of 2008? The overhaul is not really an overhaul at all, more like dumping VMK and making a new game from scratch. Paramount most likely wouldn't allow Sulake to turn over the VMK database to allow users to be ported over to the new game.

Like I said, they're rivals. It's business. That would be like Bob Iger being CEO of Disney and Universal Studios at the same time.
Don't forget there was VMK advertisements on Habbo USA for well over a year.