Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Sell 1 time use of all magic all the time

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Dance, water, dance!

Mix is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
But again, there is no guarantee you'll win anything with the magic. (Those who assume it has to give out a prize every time a "spot" is found aren't remembering the first TD pins from the Dreams Ebay promotion; a fair amount were loaded with "empty prizes". ) It could take many tries at 200 credits each to win something. (Of course this is all theoretical, as we have no way of knowing what VMK would sell the magic for, or what kind of items would be the rewards. )
That's what I mean by expected value. If my probability calculations are correct, if you have a large number of pins, you would average about 700 credits per pin (again, ignoring hats, fountains and magic). This would make buying and using treasure detector pins more profitable than anything else in VMK.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Goofyjenn

Jenngoofys is as Frosty as a Snowman
Goofy Opinion :)

I think it is nice for new players to be able to try new magic Inferno included, so the spell room was a great place to try all magic and preview new magic, but since that is lost in VMK past, one time use is the replacement I guess like it or not LOL. I think this new quest will allow enough people to try it for the month I mean with all the Donkeys people have and the ones they will make to have inferno again. So they can do it about once a year and keep inferno under control sort of speak LOL. I dont think that will effect much sort of like the bat one time use But I would not want to see it more than that
Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered+

Bones is spinning in a Cursed Storm
very very good idea i think that the room should be submitted
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
A Pirate..

BobThePirate is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, I believe that they should open some sort of 1 time use magic shop but do not sell Treasure Detector since it can result in a lot more than 200 credits..
Old 01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Moved from archive per OPs reauest.

SM
Old 01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered+

grayman is as Frosty as a Snowman
Not that I am saying they used my idea, or that I was the only person to think of a magic shop, but Woohoo! Success! At least as for my first step. Now I just need to get them to move all the magic to this shop.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I think its only a matter of time before this does happen. Most likely it will be a slow process so that there is always some new(old) one time use magic available in the magic shop. This is a way to re-introduce Teleport and Invisible with out everyone complaining upon it's return. I'm all for the one-time use of these pins being sold year round. Now if they could just vary the links in the arcade games so you might want to try looking around the kingdom for other games.
Nice work Gray.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Registered+

grayman is as Frosty as a Snowman
Now that I think about, VMK has technically implemented 3 parts of my plan: 1) Remove the Spell Room 2) Build a Magic Shop 3) Move the buyable magics to the Magic Shop. Additionally, if you really think about it, why would they build a permanent shop if they intended to remove all of the items for sale at the end of the month. And, if they intend to leave some of the items available beyond the end of the month, which items are they most likely to leave available? The 1 time use magic pins! Woohoo!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Woohoo! I've love for them to just have all the magic available all the time for anyone to buy whenever they have some credits. Why don't people complain about crates like they do the release (or re-release) of costumes or magic every year?

Gray, I think this was a fantastic idea that you had and I'm glad that it seems someone somewhere saw it and put it into action.

Just shows that the players can help shape the game!
Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 AM
The Greatest Disney Fan!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
Rodolfito ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
looks like this is going to be true very soon
Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 AM
Banned

avastkeith is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wow somebody obviously read this

*cough*