Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles

News Articles This is the forum for all News Worthy information.

Old ATTENTION: VMKF! The DOW needs YOUR help!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:23 AM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Thoughtful
TopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Lightbulb ATTENTION: VMKF! The DOW needs YOUR help!

Are you familiar with our Disneys Online Worlds Wiki? Well it needs your help!

Right now there is a big push to get all the in game pictures possible.

Please check out the following links and see if maybe you have some of these items to help out.

If you have these items post them to their threads or here.

If you have any questions you can post here or send a PM to UpInTheAir who is coordinating all these projects.

Feel free to PM her regarding other useful images you may have or ideas for projects
that might benefit the wiki as well.

================================================== ========

If you're unsure on how to take pictures check out this link:
Screenshot Taking/Posting - A Layperson's Guide
Approved Hosting Sites

================================================== ========

NEW! HELP! New VMK Item images and information for the Wiki!

HELP! Costume Images Needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Make some Magic for the Wiki!

HELP! Clothing images needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Take a Seat for the Wiki!

HELP! Hats on for the Wiki!

HELP! Item Rotation images needed for the wiki!

HELP! Current INVENTORY images needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Magic Pins Lasting and Recharge times needed for the wiki!

HELP! Images of Stacked "Stackables" Needed for the Wiki!

HELP! Gingerbread Winners or Friends of Gingerbread Winners!

HELP! Animations needed for the Wiki!

~~~

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 05-20-2008 at 09:02 AM..
Old 05-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Doctor Hoo's #1 fan =]
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Magical
prinsess_chloe is as Frosty as a Snowman
i could help maybe letmee no what you want to do
Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Trader/Red Flips Clan

pinprophet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
why do ya'll want to document vmk's existance so detailed?
so that we can go back and remember what an amazing game it was?
so we can miss it again?
so others can see and wish they had been able to play it?

really i dont understand why...
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinprophet View Post
so we can miss it again?

You nailed it when you said "so that we can go back and remember what an amazing game it was?".

Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Trader/Red Flips Clan

pinprophet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i meant,
so we can go back and remember the amazing things we'll never be able to experiance ever again?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thanks for the merging! This really helps! Since I can't take pics, I figured I would do my part by doing lasting/recharge times for Test Track Car magic. I hope the information I put in the magic thread was helpful!

~Polar
Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
i meant,
so we can go back and remember the amazing things we'll never be able to experiance ever again?
There is nothing wrong with remembering things that are gone. It is actually a good thing to remember.

And now back on topic...

This is a great idea; I'd help but I'm sure that by the time I'll have the picture of something somebody else will have posted it!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

Born In Park VIP
TopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinsess_chloe View Post
i could help maybe letmee no what you want to do
Fantastic! Check any of the links in the first post. Each has details on exactly what is being looked for.

Quote:
so we can miss it again?

Just like anything pictures and further documentation adds to the overall memories. Think of vacations or holidays or other picture taking opportunities. You can't ever physically go back to that day, but your pictures and other memorabilia only enhance your memories. In this sense this wiki documentation is simply that - something to help enhance our memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Thanks for the merging! This really helps! Since I can't take pics, I figured I would do my part by doing lasting/recharge times for Test Track Car magic. I hope the information I put in the magic thread was helpful!

~Polar
All help and contributions are very welcome at this stage. Check the first post for a link to a thread on taking screenshots. You know what they say about learning something new every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAcer View Post
There is nothing wrong with remembering things that are gone. It is actually a good thing to remember.

And now back on topic...

This is a great idea; I'd help but I'm sure that by the time I'll have the picture of something somebody else will have posted it!
Like I said above all contributions are more than welcome! Browse through the threads linked. They're kept as up to date as possible on the first posts. If you're still unsure check the responses to see what has been posted. Again if you have any questions you can PM or post to this thread.

Thanks everyone!

~~~

Old 05-15-2008, 11:58 PM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Shouldn't we make a list of all of the sounds in VMK? Like in the rooms, magics, etc.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkTokrok View Post
Shouldn't we make a list of all of the sounds in VMK? Like in the rooms, magics, etc.
My understanding is that right now the wiki doesn't support sound files. However if you have a way to list and collect sounds that would be great. I think there are a few other people who are trying to get the sounds too. One thing you could start with is to go through and make a list of everything that make a list of everything that makes a sound of some sort (especially items) so that they can be noted on the wiki even if they cannot add sound files yet. At this point the more information gathered the better. Then at some future point if there is a way to add the sound files to the wiki they'd already have them.

~~~

Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Would any part of the site need a writer? And also it won't let me register -_-
Old 05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazR View Post
My understanding is that right now the wiki doesn't support sound files. However if you have a way to list and collect sounds that would be great. I think there are a few other people who are trying to get the sounds too. One thing you could start with is to go through and make a list of everything that makes a sound of some sort. At this point the more information gathered the better. Then at some future point if there is a way to add the sound files to the wiki they'd already have them.
Ok, I'll try to work on it sometime this weekend if I have time, just in case. I'm working on some of the animations at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccooldudecool View Post
Would any part of the site need a writer? And also it won't let me register -_-
You have to apply, there is a thread on it somewhere...

Old 05-16-2008, 01:20 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thanks for the link on how to post pictures! I was able to make some magic for the wiki!

~Polar
Old 05-16-2008, 01:42 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Im going to upload all of my Remember VMK pictures into an album, but can I just PM the link to the Album instead each individual picture? Less work for everybody =).

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 05-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thank you everyone!

Here is hoping for a productive weekend!