Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old VMkers Online Game Idea

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered+

AmyElizabeth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMkers Online Game Idea

okay so i was wondering.. could we make our own edition of vmk? like we have all the resources so why can't we bring back vmk.. just give it a new name and change things around so its not actually disney related therefore there is no copyright problems. i know it takes time and resources but i think someone could do it.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
There are other threads somewhat similar to this one.

People are trying to do it, or make another disney game.

~taylor
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
CL_Disruler
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

disruler ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Ya I posted something like this. That'd be so amazing if we all worked together and got it done. I'd do whatever it takes. Definetly would stick it to the man
Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Uhh. You would have to have completely different rooms, completely different items, and completely different clothes. It would almost be nothing like VMK.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: AFK
bravejacob is spinning in a Cursed Storm
if you do pull it off i want to be a staff and or a developer
Old 08-22-2008, 01:46 AM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
I'd help you in any way I could.

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Exactly what Bobray said, it wouldn't be possible to make something very similar to VMK because of copyrights and things like that. So we would need Disney's permission to go ahead and work on things like that. Which I don't think we're getting that anytime soon.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 PM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
If we had like a real game company pres. on here, then we could probably pull it off- LOL.

The world would be nothing like VMK. But were the items and the surroundings what made it the most special?
Old 08-29-2008, 02:51 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
It wouldn't be anything like VMK. The characters would need to be different looking with all different hairstyles and faces. Like Bobray said, we need different rooms and items. It wouldn't be the same. And we [or whoever is creating the game] would have to pay the web host. AND we need to do the coding for the game and everything. It's not as easy as you would think.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
You would need a huge team of a game designers and people who can make online game. It takes forever to make items pixel by pixel. It also takes forever to just make a single movement for every person, every animation. so it's kind of impossible to do it with just people from the forums. And also it takes a very long time to make an online game.

Roxas Rocks!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:25 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
To tell you the truth, I played VMK because it was Disney-related and about the parks. If it wasn't Disney, I wouldn't play it.

It is possible to remake VMK; another game has already "sort of" done that. But since people have the documents from the backdoor, it could be possible.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot