Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > The Other Magic Kingdoms

The Other Magic Kingdoms Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, all the other Disney parks looking for a forum of their own

Old What Makes Disney Different

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What Makes Disney Different

DisneyWorld/Land
BuschGardens
Universal Studios

Look and listen to yourself saying those park names, out of kid,teen and adult put them into groups

BuschGardens Kid and Teen (kids the land of dinosaurs)
Universal Studios Kid and Teen (kids the DR.Seuss)
DisneyWorld/Land Kids :/

I just came back from busch gardens and rode sheikra, montu, kumba EVERYTHING!! An amazing experiance. Super awesome but that is because of the fact that that I enjoy upside down intense rides because I am older. The land of dinosaurs is huge and has some sort of thrill for kids. When I was little I enjoyed many of the dr.seuss rides in universal studios. That same year of universal studios I rode rockin rollecoasters. Not to much thrill. I am not saying I perfer BuschGardens and Universal Studios then disney. I love them both the same but if you think about it... REALLY think about it. Attraction wise They are very different. Please think about this thread and DO NOT POST ANY HATRID THOUGHTS OR OPINIONS.

Mizz.V
Old 08-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Disney World is definitly not just for kids There is so many things there for all ages. Hey, even I enjoyed rides like Dumbo and Mad Tea Party. What really makes Disney different is the magic that makes you act younger than you really are. And beause Disney doesn't have all the huge thrill rides, doesn't mean it doesn't have something for everyone to enjoy
Old 08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
I have no idea..... again

Blooregard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorams View Post
Disney World is definitly not just for kids There is so many things there for all ages. Hey, even I enjoyed rides like Dumbo and Mad Tea Party. What really makes Disney different is the magic that makes you act younger than you really are. And beause Disney doesn't have all the huge thrill rides, doesn't mean it doesn't have something for everyone to enjoy
Ditto. (too short)
Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 PM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That is true gorams. I will take your word for it.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:05 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
First of all, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is at Disney World, in the MGM Studios theme park, now known as "Disney's Hollywood Studios."

Also note the detail that Disney puts into creating the parks. There are so many built in details that they are lost on most visitors. Did you know the pavement in DinoLand, U.S.A. has a story behind it? Since asphalt would melt in the Florida sun, they poured concrete into it, dyed it black, and put chicken wire in it to make it look like a cracked highway.

The streets of Adventureland and Main Street are PHYSICALLY different, and have more texture in them to make it seem like you're on a rocky road.

And don't even get me started on the Animal Kingdom...
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
Don't you remember what Walt said? "Welcome "all" to this happy place. young and old." Or something along the lines like that, but you get what I mean.

Roxas Rocks!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I don't know about you but I normally consider rock'n rollercoasterk,expedition everest, space mountain,etc not little kid rides...
Old 08-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Roxy

RoxyBlueMusic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I don't know about you but I normally consider rock'n rollercoasterk,expedition everest, space mountain,etc not little kid rides...
I agree with green. They seem a little intense for some kids, but that's not to say that kids can't ride them.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:53 AM
Registered+

My Mood: Disney
KingdomsKeeper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I go to six flags for thrills. I go to Disney World for magic. lol
Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueMusic View Post
I agree with green. They seem a little intense for some kids, but that's not to say that kids can't ride them.
Hehe... My little sister who is four years younger than me rode the Rock 'n Rollercoaster twice
Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Disneyland isn't for kids. It's for families. Why do you think adults can be just as excited to go as 5 year-olds?

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
Disneyland isn't for kids. It's for families. Why do you think adults can be just as excited to go as 5 year-olds?
I agree. My mom was just as excited about going as I was. Now I think I got her hooked on disney, we're going on the magic (cruise)next April, and if my sister and I behave on that she might think about letting us go to Disney World again the summer of that year
Old 04-07-2009, 03:32 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, the purpose of Disney was to have a place where kids and adults could have fun together.

Signature by Skrik
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Disneyland is the Best!!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Artistic
BanannaSplitzer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Exactly! Disneyland/World is a place for families, not just adults and teens
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Awkward
jamiewe is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney just for kids? I highly doubt it. Disney is a place for everyone. I've been to both Universal and Busch Gardens and I've been on every single attraction but i still think Disney is a much much better place even though i'm a teenager. Disney include so much more detail and hidden facts into their parks than any other. E.g. Have you noticed when you enter Main Street you see gas lamps, as you start walking and exit Main Street you see electric lamps. Your walking into the future!
"Somehow, I can't believe that there are any heights to be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. The special secret it seems to me is summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Courage, Confidence and Constancy. And the greatest of all is Confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably. " - Walter Elias Disney

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 07-20-2009 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: personal information