Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old Reputation Info.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Reputation Info.

Due to a lot of questions being asked about the reputation system on VMKForums, I have decided to re-write an old guide by someone called "Acelollipop" who did it in 2005. This is the guide I have linked people to for every question asked, it's just very out-dated now due to recent changes. The old thread can be found here.

About Reputation:
Reputation is there to let users know that you appreciated their posts. This could be for helpful posts, informative or funny posts which you think deserve some recognition.

The more reputation you have, the higher your rep power. The more rep power, the more effective it will be on other users when you rep them. Someone with no rep will make no difference to the repped persons total, yet someone with a high rep power will have more of an effect when they give reputation.

How to give and view Reputation:
You can give someone reputation by clicking the button which reads REP (next to the report button, it looks like this - ). From there, you can type in a message explaining why you think that post deserves credit. By clicking "Add to Reputation", it is submitted. However, remember the person who you sent rep to will NOT know it is from you unless you say so in your comment. You can view rep you have recieved from other people by going to your User CP. There are two boxes - one showing recieved, and another showing given.

Remember, asking for reputation is against the VMKForums rules, so if you want to bump up your points, make some good posts!

Reputation icons (comment box):
- This means someone liked your post and you have recieved more reputation points.
- This means the rep-giver's reputation is turned off and no points are added.

Reputation icons (posts):
- High Negative - (The only person with this is EKB)
- Negative
- This users reputation is turned off.
- Balanced reputation
- Positive reputation
- High Positive reputation

Due to users being able to give negative reputation in the past, some people still have negative stars on their posts.

When hovering over a users stars, you will notice there is a little message, the message changes the more reputation you have.
Here they are, starting from the lowest rep. The number is the lowest amount of reputation points you need for that level. Thanks Batleth!

Member has disabled reputation
-99999 - Member's single use Teleportation has expired (EKB)
-100 - Member’s single use pirate key has opened an empty treasure chest
-50 - Member's Autopia has run out of gas
-10 - Member doesn't quite have what it takes to pull out the sword
0 - Member's Invisible Pin is 5* - Spooky!
10 - Member is spinning in a Cursed Storm
30 - Member is as Frosty as a Snowman
60 - Member is floating through Inner Space
100 - Member has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
150 - Member is Buried in Treasure
210 - Member is covered with Confetti
280 - Member has turned into a Bat and is flying around
360 - Member has fireworks shooting off their head
450 - Member's feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
550 - Member's Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
650 - Member has Levitated to new heights!
2,000 - Member is whooshing along on a Magic Carpet

You can find out the amount of reputation points you have by visiting the "Latest Reputation Recieved" box.
On a side note - you need 100 rep points to get your second star.
There you go, feel free to PM me any questions, or post here.

Thanks,
Stitch.

Last edited by Batleth; 05-13-2009 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
THANK YOU
SO MUCH

you saw my thread about this didn't you?
LOL

... what about the stars? how many points does it take to add another star?
and how much points does it take to go another "rank" up? with the.. little message thing i mean

EDIT: nvm you said it'll be updated when it's verified

I'LL WAIT
rofl

Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Thank you, SM! (:
I learned something new today, woot.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Thanks Much
Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thank you for posting this!

Definitely will lessen the confusion about Reputation Stars.

~Minnie
Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
That is so great ;D
It should be stickied(:
Old 05-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Great Guide Stitch!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Im a little confused.... do you get higher ranking by giving rep or receiving rep?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:36 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahamman View Post
Im a little confused.... do you get higher ranking by giving rep or receiving rep?
ummm...Err.. It kinda explains itself.. YOU GAIN REP BY PEOPLE GIVING YOU REP.. Not you giving rep to other people.. lul
- ace
Old 05-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I always wondered about the rankings of the different messages. Thanks!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
THANK YOU
SO MUCH

you saw my thread about this didn't you?
LOL

... what about the stars? how many points does it take to add another star?
and how much points does it take to go another "rank" up? with the.. little message thing i mean

EDIT: nvm you said it'll be updated when it's verified

I'LL WAIT
rofl
Just added this in. Many thanks to Batleth for sending me the info! Hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahamman View Post
The more reputation you have recieved, the higher your rank.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Ohmigosh, those points helped a lot and answered a lot of my questions, thanks so much!
This should so get a sticky.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
I second that sticky idea =P

Thanks, this helps tons!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
THANK
YOU
this answers all of my questions..
well
i only need 28 rep points to get a second star.
EHEHEEHEH WHEEE-- well that'll take a while..
LOL

i've never seen anyone whooshing along on a magic carpet yet...
LOL

wait one more question:
so you get a star for every 100 points?
or.. what?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Toontown Fan- 110 laffer
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 

My Mood: Lurking
Abrahamman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh ok... i only have 3 rep points