Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Virtual Guides & Help Info

Virtual Guides & Help Info In here is a guide to all the aspects of VMK the game. NO SPOILERS

Old Applying for VMK Staff

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:18 AM
Pinkberry

Moonypie11 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Applying for VMK Staff

No, I am not applying for staff. But my Mom/Dad could probably apply. But thats my question: How do you apply?

They have both been to college (my Dad has been in the army for computers, and has had taken computers in college) so they are experienced in that field. My Mom has lots of computer experience.

So do you have to live in California/Florida? Do you have to work at Disney World/Land?

I havent actually asked them to consider applying, but if I do, they'll say "How do I apply?" Which takes me back to here. So give me a bit of info please? Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
I believe you should contact the Chairman about this. AFAIK, You have to have finished a computer degree in college and work at the parks first. It's kinda a promotion to be a staff member for VMK. And why would you want your parents to be STAFF? LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 05:31 AM
Pinkberry

Well I moved to the country, so my Mom is unemployed, and my Dad is stressed with his job, and I just think that would be really really cool! =D =D

I do live in Florida though, so I'm close to any "Disney resources" LOL

Excuse me..country as in..um, farmland. Not "Yeah, I just moved to the US." No, its more like "Yeah, I just moved away from the city life, and onto the country life."

Just had to clear things up there I'm a US citizen, always have been, LOL.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 03-26-2008 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: merged double post
Old 03-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
You don't have to work for Disney, because the company that runs and staffs VMK is Sulake, and they are not Disney. Check Sulake's official website for employment opportunities. When it comes to being a Host, I'm pretty sure the most important thing to them is patience, some moderation experience, and a clear background check. I don't know exactly what they'd be looking for when it comes to designing, producing, or testing, though.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:52 AM
Registered+

LIMODRIVER11 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Isn't there a certin age you must be?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMODRIVER11 View Post
Isn't there a certin age you must be?
Im sure her parents are old enough to be staff LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 06:01 AM
Banned

Parched is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Trust me, whenever somebody tries to apply, you will just get this ...

Thank you for expressing an interest in working for VMK.

Currently we have no open positions with our team of carefully selected
and fully-trained community experts.

Regards,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support
Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parched View Post
Trust me, whenever somebody tries to apply, you will just get this ...

Thank you for expressing an interest in working for VMK.

Currently we have no open positions with our team of carefully selected
and fully-trained community experts.

Regards,

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support
That's why you don't contact VMK, otherwise known as the Home of the Generic Response. Try contacting Sulake directly. I'm not saying you have a great shot, but it's better than firing one into the Black Hole.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Banned

Parched is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
You don't have to work for Disney, because the company that runs and staffs VMK is Sulake, and they are not Disney. Check Sulake's official website for employment opportunities. When it comes to being a Host, I'm pretty sure the most important thing to them is patience, some moderation experience, and a clear background check. I don't know exactly what they'd be looking for when it comes to designing, producing, or testing, though.
I'm pretty sure Sulake runs/develops Habbo. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Pinkberry

I talked to my parents about it. And yes they are most definately old enough, LOL

I'm having my Dad look into VMK tomorrow (because its 2:30 AM, we are night owls, lol) and my Mom just applied for Habbo Moderator. She's home a lot because I'm home-schooled, so she has a lot of free time and there isnt must to apply for in town.

Yeah I would expect an automated response like that from VMK. I think there is some sort of "underground application" LOL. Like you have to contact Disney or possibly go to WDW and ask them yourselves?

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 03-26-2008 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: merged posts
Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Half Boy/Half Amazing!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Baseballthrill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The staff are people who work at disney and you have to have college degree. To apply you might want to go to casting in disney world/disney land and apply for disney asking for that job but not sure to get it. Yes i believe you have to live in the disney area.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
If I remember correctly, the moderators (as in the VMK Staff and HOSTs) work for Sulake, and the designers, producers, and testers, etc. work for Disney.

I wish your parents good luck.

Check out my VMK memory that was featured in the VMK Newsletter right here.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
wow, i wish my parents could be staff that would be awesome. but unfortunately, i'm more computer-skilled than the both of them combined -.-
Old 03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Pinkberry

I'll stop by Disney Casting next time I go to WDW and ask them. If I cant make it there, I'll ask somebody at WDW.

Lol, I've always wondered what would happen. I probably couldnt follow her around all day, or tell anybody. Like, I can imagine go "Yeah, my Mom is a staff!" and then she gets fire LOL that would be funny, but unfortunate.

I hope you dont have to live in Cali
Old 03-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Heyyy?
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
MyBirdHat is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonypie11 View Post
I'll stop by Disney Casting next time I go to WDW and ask them. If I cant make it there, I'll ask somebody at WDW.

Lol, I've always wondered what would happen. I probably couldnt follow her around all day, or tell anybody. Like, I can imagine go "Yeah, my Mom is a staff!" and then she gets fire LOL that would be funny, but unfortunate.

I hope you dont have to live in Cali

well like someone already said, being a staff is sort of like a promotion. they first probably need to work at disneyworld/land for a few years. then eventually they get offered the oppertunity
so if u dont live in cali, then it would be kinda hard to go to disney almost every day oooh, expensive.