Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items

Collector Items Information about the special items found in VMK, the pins, badges, clothes, furniture, etc. Formerly Items, Badges, Spells, Pins, Furniture, Clothes, etc. forum

Old New Costumes Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 AM
VILLAINS' MONTH! MUAHAHA!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Appleson is as Frosty as a Snowman
ok, jst wonder'n i thot da hauntd mansion suit was 4 boys only.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 AM
is rad.

VIP
Minay has Fireworks shooting off over their headMinay has Fireworks shooting off over their headMinay has Fireworks shooting off over their headMinay has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleson
It is but.. SillySyl is special. She can wear it if no other boy tester is there. Lol, you know SillySyl has special privlages.

Paris
Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

My Mood: VMKFy
Kaironzet is covered with ConfettiKaironzet is covered with ConfettiKaironzet is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleson
I love that haunted mansion suit, but I'm really in love with the hat, it looks as Slash's(Guns 'N' Roses Guitarist) Hat... It is very similar. When I told this to yavn he laughed and said ''LOL It does!''. I can swear ppl that when I get that suit I will never remove the hat from my head
Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Keep safe.

Mickey_Dude is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenie
I swear, new forum members must think that you are in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Why don't you come back to this post after you've cooled off a little and see how you sound sometimes.
LOL :uglyhamme :uglyhamme
Old 08-24-2005, 12:14 AM
R.I.P.

Alexander is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniParis
It is but.. SillySyl is special. She can wear it if no other boy tester is there. Lol, you know SillySyl has special privlages.

Paris
No. Apparently if she can wear it, she is testing it for the girls side of the game. As such, that means you girls will be able to wear it. That is generally how they test these kind of things on any games. They make a test character if they don't user their own and make sure that everything that is suppose to show up for that gender, race, class, etc. does so.

So, yeah, the suit will be both a boy and girl item... much to my disappointment.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:18 AM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
No. Apparently if she can wear it, she is testing it for the girls side of the game. As such, that means you girls will be able to wear it. That is generally how they test these kind of things on any games. They make a test character if they don't user their own and make sure that everything that is suppose to show up for that gender, race, class, etc. does so.

So, yeah, the suit will be both a boy and girl item... much to my disappointment.
Keep in mind that Yavn wears the princess hat whenever he wants, so I think testers can test anything they like. Even then, I maintain that it's childish to throw a fit because girls might end up with more costumes than boys. Go make a girl character if it's that big of a deal to you.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:20 AM
is rad.

VIP
Minay has Fireworks shooting off over their headMinay has Fireworks shooting off over their headMinay has Fireworks shooting off over their headMinay has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Keep in mind that Yavn wears the princess hat whenever he wants, so I think testers can test anything they like. Even then, I maintain that it's childish to throw a fit because girls might end up with more costumes than boys. Go make a girl character if it's that big of a deal to you.
Great Idea Genie! Lol.

Paris
Old 08-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

My Mood: VMKFy
Kaironzet is covered with ConfettiKaironzet is covered with ConfettiKaironzet is covered with Confetti
Look this ppl:

Compare the hats and tell me what you think...lol

Slash by the way is an AWESOME guitar player
Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Even then, I maintain that it's childish to throw a fit because girls might end up with more costumes than boys. Go make a girl character if it's that big of a deal to you.
It's a fairness issue. If there was only one boys only outfit, even just one item, I would stop complaining. But it looks like that may not be the case unless the Peter Pan hat is strickly boys only.

Which is the last hope for me seeing how I have yet to see a screen shot of a girl with it on. Then again, the Peter Pan hat screen cap is how old? Who knows if they rewrote the code or not. All I know is that it will be coming out as you can see an avatar with it on the VMK maps, and so far it appears to be a boy only that is wearing that hat.

Like I said, I'll stop the complaining if and when I get read a confirmation or some kind of visual confirmation that at least one item is boys only.

Now you have to admit, given my past fairness issues, this is pretty much a better compromise. I could have said I would stop complaining if they made and equal number of costumes that only boys get to even things out, but I didn't. I settled for just even a hat that only boys can wear.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 AM
HP/VMK Addict| Gryffindor

Curieux is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
It's a fairness issue. If there was only one boys only outfit, even just one item, I would stop complaining. But it looks like that may not be the case unless the Peter Pan hat is strickly boys only.

Which is the last hope for me seeing how I have yet to see a screen shot of a girl with it on. Then again, the Peter Pan hat screen cap is how old? Who knows if they rewrote the code or not. All I know is that it will be coming out as you can see an avatar with it on the VMK maps, and so far it appears to be a boy only that is wearing that hat.

Like I said, I'll stop the complaining if and when I get read a confirmation or some kind of visual confirmation that at least one item is boys only.

Now you have to admit, given my past fairness issues, this is pretty much a better compromise. I could have said I would stop complaining if they made and equal number of costumes that only boys get to even things out, but I didn't. I settled for just even a hat that only boys can wear.
I understand what you mean. It's not about being selfish and self-centered, and that it's all ****** that "girls rule, boys drool" or vise versa. It's that it would be cool if there was an item or two that was for boys only, because there are now two that are girls only.

Remember, though. Most clothing that is made for men, woman can wear openly and freely to their hearts content. It's simply not a big deal that a girl would rather dress like a boy. However, a man usually does not prefer to be in a skirt, dress, or brassiere because they are feminine items. Either boys are too manly to wear girls clothes, or they're afraid of being taunted till their death for it. It makes me sad that girls can wear virtually whatever male clothing they want without comment, but boys can't were a night gown when they go to sleep without being picked on. It makes me wonder how closed-minded most of the world is.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:54 AM
with ♥, Cheetoz..

lilcrunchycheetoz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thumbs up VMK Clothes

wow awesome clothes! cant wait till they come out!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:20 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curieux
I understand what you mean. It's not about being selfish and self-centered, and that it's all ****** that "girls rule, boys drool" or vise versa. It's that it would be cool if there was an item or two that was for boys only, because there are now two that are girls only.

Remember, though. Most clothing that is made for men, woman can wear openly and freely to their hearts content. It's simply not a big deal that a girl would rather dress like a boy. However, a man usually does not prefer to be in a skirt, dress, or brassiere because they are feminine items. Either boys are too manly to wear girls clothes, or they're afraid of being taunted till their death for it. It makes me sad that girls can wear virtually whatever male clothing they want without comment, but boys can't were a night gown when they go to sleep without being picked on. It makes me wonder how closed-minded most of the world is.
Well, this is a family game, even if Disney has two cross-dressing characters under their thumb right now (I speak of Pleakly and Mulan). I would count Genie from Aladdin in that mix, but dressing in drag for comedic purposes isn't really cross-dressing.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
well give them a chanceand we might get the indian costume for ourselves
Old 08-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Registered Users

Gotsumgame has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Gotsumgame has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
to let you all know. i was chatting with vmk babs and she said some costumes like trucker hat and explorer's are in the catalog forever while some are not. odd huh?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
My other car is a dragon

Villainess is as Frosty as a Snowman
Woohoo!

Quote:
No. Apparently if she can wear it, she is testing it for the girls side of the game. As such, that means you girls will be able to wear it.
Oh, this just made my day! I hope Alexander is right. I don't care too much about the suit though. I just want the hat!