Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Mini-Games > VMK Mini-Games Archive

VMK Mini-Games Archive VMK Mini-Games Archive

Old Any Tips On Jungle Cruise?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Banned

xfan342 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Any Tips On Jungle Cruise?

I can never get a High Score on the game and I try really hard, Can Anyone Give me Tips On How to Get A High Score In Jungle Cruise or tips to score a Big Amount Of Points.

P.S Wynsome I also need your help too.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:03 AM

Taryn is floating through Inner Space
I suck at that game so badly, lol. I only just discovered that you can steer the boat, but now I'm having trouble steering and taking pictures at the same time. So, in other words, I'm probably in more need of advice than you are, LOL! :p
Old 06-05-2005, 02:52 AM

Eddiebears is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I find that as the boat get's sorta close to the right side of the screen and about to go to the next section, if I hold down the bottom arrow key I can travel a little backwards. This allows me to them float about and pick up the gas tanks and film that appears after I pass the point they are at. This also buys you a few more moments to photograph any animals that will appear in that section before clicking the top arrow to mkae the boat go to the next section faster.

The second the camera appears for the first time I start going back and forth across the screen trying to photograph any animals that appear ASAP. (Caution, there's a couple of puffs of smoke with animals that appear so fast it's almost like a glitch!) And make sure you have the sound on and loud enough to register the animal sounds as they are getting ready to appear! That helps to find them quickly a lot!

Old 06-05-2005, 05:23 AM
VMK Dreaming

dizneydesi is as Frosty as a Snowman
i tried that but lost a lot of gas floating. i didn't get to finish the whole game even. do you lose a lot of gas going back and forth?

the arrow keys are really touchy and i hit the sides pretty often. practice some more i guess.

vmk name- fantasmico
"Would you like your tea now. . . or would you like an Adventure?" Peter Pan ____________________________________________
"When I see the stars, when I see stars
When I see the stars--I am like myself" switchfoot
Old 06-05-2005, 05:26 AM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I'm not very good, but I did get 29,000 once so I feel like I'm on the right track. I'd recommend figuring out which animals are worth more points and concentrating on those. I haven't found anything that is consistently worth more than the toucan, although the rhinos are good too. Good luck!

Here's one other thing I found...once you go through all of the rooms once and you start over, you get an extra five pictures and some more gas (I think) when you go under the jungle cruise bridge again. I haven't verified this, but I'm pretty sure I saw it happen a few times.

Last edited by MrGenie; 06-05-2005 at 05:52 AM..
Old 06-05-2005, 05:43 AM
Banned

Mr.Lunatix is floating through Inner Space
Don't take pictures of the Croc's in the water there only worth 58 and a waste of a picture.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:17 AM
VMK Dreaming

i was looking at my pics today and found that all the birds are high. the rhino is pretty good at around 500pts and above. the far away animals are in the 500-800? range also. the best are toucans at nearly 1000. it all depends on when you click on them. granted i am still not the best at driving and photoing. i hit the banks waaay too much. hope this helps.

vmk name- fantasmico
"Would you like your tea now. . . or would you like an Adventure?" Peter Pan ____________________________________________
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 AM

wdwspider is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Seems like the elephants are worth a bit too.

But I am wanting to score much better, so maybe I should not be giving advice. lol
Old 06-08-2005, 01:02 AM
VMK Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwspider

But I am wanting to score much better, so maybe I should not be giving advice. lol
i know what you mean LOL

vmk name- fantasmico
Old 06-08-2005, 01:05 AM

DBFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneydesi
i know what you mean LOL
I am in the same boat as you two. I have gotten over 200,000 on fireworks and have won the invisibilty pin from the PotC game but I suck at the JC game.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 AM
R.I.P.

Alexander is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lunatix
Don't take pictures of the Croc's in the water there only worth 58 and a waste of a picture.
They are worth at least 300 points if you take a picture of them OUT of the water.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:43 PM
DysLEFTic Southern Yankee
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

greenhpper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwspider

I agree too but maybe someday someone will help me if I help out! Toucans often appear at the beginning and end of most screens. I have posted which screens elsewhere (happy hunting) . Try and slow the boat down at the beginning of a screen to allow gas/film to appear. Backing up costs more gas than slowing down.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:54 PM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhpper

I agree too but maybe someday someone will help me if I help out! Toucans often appear at the beginning and end of most screens. I have posted which screens elsewhere (happy hunting) . Try and slow the boat down at the beginning of a screen to allow gas/film to appear. Backing up costs more gas than slowing down.
Is there really a relationship between how much you use the arrow keys and how quickly the gas disappears? I've tested this briefly and found no connection, but it was a pretty unscientific effort. Perhaps I'll play around with this when I get a chance and report back. Or play around and not report back. Or not play around and report back. Or...who knows what I'll do?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
DysLEFTic Southern Yankee
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

greenhpper has disabled reputation
Going side to side does not seem to really affect gas, however going back will use more gas becasue there is a slight current (you move forward without pressing any keys). Going backwards is against the current. Only use if a gas or film is close. For example, going backwards to about the middle uses 3 gas points. You pick up 5, then you use 2 or 3 to go forward. Using a key to go forward causes you to use the same amount of gas as "drifting" at the games speed. Therefore, it is in your best interest to slow the boat down at the beginning of each screen. I can consistently get 45,000+ each game using this method. I'm still working on getting to the 60,000+ mark.
Feel free to pelt me with gratuitous gifts of appreciation if this helps out.