Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Screenshot Taking/Posting - A Layperson's Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
kilic on vmk

jab1235 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlover
ok
here's a picture i took in Frisco's room

who else has seen that
or has one really
i have like 4
Old 08-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered+

Blamango is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Exclamation I have two!

Quote:
ok

who else has seen that
or has one really
You play this kelloggs game and when u finish the game (duznt mater if u lose) u get a code for VMK and u get that a map table, a chest thing and a skull rock room!

See MrGenies thread on Secret Codes
Old 08-26-2005, 05:13 AM
keep moving~nuttn 2C here

dyznygirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
thanks for your advice! now i can post pictures of my bffs on vmk!! and genie, i have a question to ask, how do you come up with all the tricks that you post all the time?
Old 08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Registered+

Pikake is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks so much! Here is a pic of me in my haunted mansion room!

Last edited by Pikake; 11-26-2005 at 04:13 AM..
Old 08-31-2005, 06:35 PM

CoolDominic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i have beeen in it
Old 09-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
well i don't know if i have paint in my vmk computer i will check
Old 09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenie
First, a caveat: I'm certainly not an expert at working with photos, discussion forums, or most of the other things covered in this post. I'm just attempting to tell you what works for me in hopes that it will also work for you!

Several people have asked how to take screenshots of VMK and/or display their screenshots on the forum. Through trial and error, I've managed to come up with a process that works for me, and I hope it works for you. If it doesn't, my apologies in advance but I'm probably not going to be able to help you since this is basically all I know.

Here's a step-by-step procedure I use for taking VMK screenshots on a PC (sorry Mac users...my G3 Powerbook crashed a few years ago and I switched back to the dark side):

1) With the VMK window selected, press CTRL + ALT + Print Screen (all at the same time). This takes a screenshot of the active window (VMK!) rather than the entire computer screen (saves some cropping later on, that's all).

2) Open up a photo-editing program (you can use Paint if you have to, but I'd recommend something else if you have it). Start a new image, and paste your screenshot into the new image.

3) Crop the screenshot however you want. If you don't have a cropping tool, use the rectangle select tool to select the portion you want to crop, and then Copy/Paste the selection into a new image.

If you want to post your screenshot on the forum, read on...

4) Save the picture in one of the formats recognized by the VMK Forum: bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, & zip (yes, I realize not all of these are image formats, but then again I'm not completely sure which ones are so I'll just leave them all in for completeness).

5) Upload that picture to somewhere on the Internet, or upload it directly to the VMK forum (you get limited storage of 1 MB I think, with a maxmium file size of around 130 KB per attachment which may require some image size/quality reduction). To upload directly to the forum, start a new thread or reply to an existing thread, and then add the photo as an attachment and click "Upload". The photo will show up in your post after you submit the message. You can add up to five photos per message. If you upload your image elsewhere, then enclose the path to the image in IMG tags (I don't even want to get sucked into a discussion of how to do this...if you're brave, you might find some helpful information in this post).

That is what works for me, and that is basically all I know. If you still have questions, you might want to read the FAQ or ask a moderator. Good luck!

MrGenie
Thanks. I'll try that.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:45 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

VIP
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
i think i do but i don't have much time lol
Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Great Times, Great People
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Manchester United is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Lol!

Quote:
ok

who else has seen that
or has one really
I HAVE LOTS WONT ONE FOR SOMTHING!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Great Times, Great People
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Manchester United is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Talking Lots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whar
I must. Have. That. Table. Heh, so where did you get that Pirate mat table?
IVE GOT LOTS U WONT ONE FOR SOMTHING!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Custom User Title =/.

RikuBlade has turned into a sparkling Pirate!RikuBlade has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I think this might help some ppl who use laptops like me, press ctrl+alt+fn(next to the left crtl)+prnt scrn+insert(near the top right)than do what Mr.Genie said
Old 09-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
First, a caveat: I'm certainly not an expert at working with photos, discussion forums, or most of the other things covered in this post. I'm just attempting to tell you what works for me in hopes that it will also work for you!

Several people have asked how to take screenshots of VMK and/or display their screenshots on the forum. Through trial and error, I've managed to come up with a process that works for me, and I hope it works for you. If it doesn't, my apologies in advance but I'm probably not going to be able to help you since this is basically all I know.

Here's a step-by-step procedure I use for taking VMK screenshots on a PC (sorry Mac users...my G3 Powerbook crashed a few years ago and I switched back to the dark side):

1) With the VMK window selected, press CTRL + ALT + Print Screen (all at the same time). This takes a screenshot of the active window (VMK!) rather than the entire computer screen (saves some cropping later on, that's all).

2) Open up a photo-editing program (you can use Paint if you have to, but I'd recommend something else if you have it). Start a new image, and paste your screenshot into the new image.

3) Crop the screenshot however you want. If you don't have a cropping tool, use the rectangle select tool to select the portion you want to crop, and then Copy/Paste the selection into a new image.

4) Save the picture in one of the formats recognized by the VMK Forum: bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt, & zip (yes, I realize not all of these are image formats, but then again I'm not completely sure which ones are so I'll just leave them all in for completeness).

5) Upload that picture to somewhere on the Internet, or upload it directly to the VMK forum (you get limited storage of 1 MB I think, with a maxmium file size of around 130 KB per attachment which may require some image size/quality reduction). To upload directly to the forum, start a new thread or reply to an existing thread, and then add the photo as an attachment and click "Upload". The photo will show up in your post after you submit the message. You can add up to five photos per message. If you upload your image elsewhere, then enclose the path to the image in IMG tags (I don't even want to get sucked into a discussion of how to do this...if you're brave, you might find some helpful information in this post).

That is what works for me, and that is basically all I know. If you still have questions, you might want to read the FAQ or ask a moderator. Good luck!

MrGenie
IT DOESN'T WORK!!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Hentacle in the dark

LordKthulhut is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is just a test. Do not adjust your set.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered+

cliffe50 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Talking

wow! thanks for the info i have been trying to do that for a long time but i did not know how :uglyhamme
Attached Images
File Type: jpg matt hardy.jpg (25.8 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by cliffe50; 09-10-2005 at 11:13 PM..
Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Miley Fan:D

RedRockingMint doesn’t quite have what it takes to pull out the sword
Quote:

MrGenie
how do u get print to come up?