Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old The Princess and the Frog

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The Princess and the Frog

We should all know that another princess is coming our way! Is anyone else excited for this movie? I think it'll be a nice change and I'm interested if there will be any jazz stuff in it.

Signature by Skrik
Old 02-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
I'm extremely anxious to see how their return to traditional animation goes, and as a huge fan of the format, I hope it goes very well. Computer animation is wonderful and should be utilized, but Disney should never turn its back on what started it all. 2-D animation is still a beautiful art form and can be used to tell amazing stories and I hope The Princess & The Frog reminds people of that, the way the Little Mermaid did back in the '89.

The only thing I'm worried about is all the reported changes Disney has made in response to some of the ridiculous complaints over political correctness, such as the title of the film, the name of the lead character, her backstory, and so on. I really hope it doesn't dilute the final product.