Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old purple naaaame!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
purple naaaame!

all right, so i've been here forever and i know that the scrolly purple username means you're good at the arcade or something.

but i never really found out like, the specific requirements to win it.
so uh, what do i have to do to get one of those? or could someone link me to something with all the info about it?

ALSO:
the scrolling bugs me because it throws off the formatting, so...
if i ever get one of those names, can i get a purple name without any scrolling? LOL

Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
all right, so i've been here forever and i know that the scrolly purple username means you're good at the arcade or something.

but i never really found out like, the specific requirements to win it.
so uh, what do i have to do to get one of those? or could someone link me to something with all the info about it?

ALSO:
the scrolling bugs me because it throws off the formatting, so...
if i ever get one of those names, can i get a purple name without any scrolling? LOL
The purple scolling name is given to the top 10 in the trivia game in the VMK Live Chat area. Although truthfully it has not been updated for nearly a year I believe. The green scrolling names are those who are the top of the top in the arcade. I do not know if you can get it to not be "scrolly-like" but the requirements are as follows for the two:

For the purple scrolling name: You must be in the top 10 of the trivia game when it ends.

For the green scrolling name: You must have the highest score in the majority of the games in the arcade I believe. (Not entirely sure though).

I hoped that help answer some of your questions

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
The purple scolling name is given to the top 10 in the trivia game in the VMK Live Chat area. Although truthfully it has not been updated for nearly a year I believe. The green scrolling names are those who are the top of the top in the arcade. I do not know if you can get it to not be "scrolly-like" but the requirements are as follows for the two:

For the purple scrolling name: You must be in the top 10 of the trivia game when it ends.

For the green scrolling name: You must have the highest score in the majority of the games in the arcade I believe. (Not entirely sure though).

I hoped that help answer some of your questions

yes, yes it does. thank you very much!

how come i haven't seen anyone with a green scrolly name? nobody's that good at arcade?

and well, i do like purple better than green, and i've always been more of a trivia person....
.... okay, i must go dominate the trivia game this summer then. i used to be way good at it, but now i've got to relearn the whole system...

BUT FIRST! i must know if i can get an unscrolly purple name

Old 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
As I said I do not know if it is still possible as they have yet to end the trivia game round still which technically has been going on for nearly a year or more I believe.

There are 3 names out of seven who have recieved the award that currently have the green scrolling name that I can find which are Amberocks, fredghostmaster, and BaseballStarz. I think SoccerRyan also has choice of either the green scrolling name or purple because he is a current at the moment from the last round trivia champion as am I and a few others, plus he is a past arcade champ winner, but I am not sure. With trivia, if you don't win the next time in the trivia within the top 10, then it gets taken away from you, but the award stays with you.

-Stitchco
Old 02-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

ohhhhh i see. and wow, even if they'll never end it... i'm currently playing trivia anyway. i was already 25th place to begin with, now i'm 18th place.

i guess that means that the scrolly names are now even more rare then, huh? especially because the trivia game isn't ending anymore....

Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I hope the trivia game never ends haha. I'll miss my scrolling name.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:14 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

well if you work at it again to get into the top 10 then you will get to keep it when it ends, right?

ALSO
just adding on to the questions of names...
what about the blue name? isn't that like, for, the hall of fame? but what is that really? what does it signify? what does it meeeean?
I mean, really, I've been here forever yet I've never found out the mysteries of the cool names D:

Old 02-23-2012, 03:29 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
well if you work at it again to get into the top 10 then you will get to keep it when it ends, right?

ALSO
just adding on to the questions of names...
what about the blue name? isn't that like, for, the hall of fame? but what is that really? what does it signify? what does it meeeean?
I mean, really, I've been here forever yet I've never found out the mysteries of the cool names D:
1). Yes: If you get into the top 10 again then you get to keep your scrolling name.

2). The Hall of Fame are basically retired Mods or Admins. however they still do come on.

-Stitchco
Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I don't play trivia anymore
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

Quote:
1). Yes: If you get into the top 10 again then you get to keep your scrolling name.

2). The Hall of Fame are basically retired Mods or Admins. however they still do come on.

ah, thanks that makes sense for etnagreen... i remember the title used to be red!

so since the trivia game won't be ending anytime soon, unless i get lucky, i'm never getting a purple name huh? D: ..... oh well. its ok. LOL

Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
The trivia round may end though. Jezzi told us in my awards and more thread that it may return but is taking awhile as the person taking over has to be trained still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth
We're already over due to end the session by several months. TooHip was handling all the trivia stuff but has become far too busy with real life to continue. So he is going to step down as admin and Sven is going to take it over for him. We're now waiting on TooHip to have time to train Sven. Till we can get this resolved, we've put a hold on ending sessions and giving out awards for trivia.

(Sorry, but my skills are still lacking how to put quotes into the quote things unless i click reply xD lol)

-Stitchco
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

Quote:
The trivia round may end though. Jezzi told us in my awards and more thread that it may return but is taking awhile as the person taking over has to be trained still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth
We're already over due to end the session by several months. TooHip was handling all the trivia stuff but has become far too busy with real life to continue. So he is going to step down as admin and Sven is going to take it over for him. We're now waiting on TooHip to have time to train Sven. Till we can get this resolved, we've put a hold on ending sessions and giving out awards for trivia.

(Sorry, but my skills are still lacking how to put quotes into the quote things unless i click reply xD lol)

Seriously? AWESOME. ok, hopefully it doesn't reset before summer comes. i'm spending my summer getting that purple name!...

still, I want to know if I can get one without scrolling. LOL

Old 03-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Good luck

I can't play because both of the computers I have don't work with the chat program for some reason, and I've tried to download whatever thing I need but the installation crashes or whatever.

Also the fact that I said I'd never play trivia again because of a problem I had with the staff. Somebody tricked me into answering a question though! So I think I have 1 point this round. Haha.

Got my 3,000th post on leap day! Yay Been trying to get here forever!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:14 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

YAY. CONGRATS!--whoa wait wait wait. YOU BEAT MEEEE? how in the world? i used to be an incredible poster!
... and then disappeared for some time LOL

but that's pretty funny. you stopped playing just cuz of a staff issue?
right now i'm like, 15th place or something....

Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
I used to be too I had 2,000 I think before you even joined then I left for two years haha.

It was a huge staff issue, just ask SoccerRyan unfortunately he doesn't come around anymore. I think I saved the chat logs though.