Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > In-Park Quests

In-Park Quests Discussion about official In-Park Quests - Closed Till Quests are added back to Parks!

Old Holiday Quests At DLR

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 AM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Question Holiday Quests At DLR

Aloha,

I've Been Wondering Lately With The Holiday Season Coming Up, How They Might Be Doing The Halloween/Holiday Quests At DLR This Year. Will They Be At The Entrance, Or Handing Them Out, Or Even... Not Doing Them!

I Was Thinking Of Sending An E-Mail To Disney, About This.

Has Anyone Else Wondered This?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Cooler Coyote

My Mood: Grumpyy
CooledCoyote is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, me! I'm going to be there around Halloween, and maybe getting something like the Pumpkin has been in the back of my mind.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 09-25-2007 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: personal info-removed specific trip information
Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Silver Friendship Ears!

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Witchy
OhanaGirl1 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't think VMK has any plans to have ANY quests at all for the holidays or otherwise. I think people need to accept that. The park quests are over, how much clearer can they make that?

Last edited by OhanaGirl1; 09-25-2007 at 12:12 PM..
Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaGirl1 View Post
he park quests are over, how much clearer can they make that?
Well... they could say that. But they haven't.

What they've said (when they say anything at all) is that VMK Central is over.

You'll remember that even after VMK Central in DLR closed, there was a "quest" (really just a code handout) for the Nemo Submarine Middle.

Now - I don't want to start rumors or wild speculation. I fully expect them to do nothing this year. But from what little they've told us, they keep dangling the prospect of doing something in front of us.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Silver Friendship Ears!

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Witchy
OhanaGirl1 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner View Post
Well... they could say that. But they haven't.

What they've said (when they say anything at all) is that VMK Central is over.

You'll remember that even after VMK Central in DLR closed, there was a "quest" (really just a code handout) for the Nemo Submarine Middle.

Now - I don't want to start rumors or wild speculation. I fully expect them to do nothing this year. But from what little they've told us, they keep dangling the prospect of doing something in front of us.
Yavn speaks- May 21
Quote-
So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

IDK, that sounds to me like he told us they were over- except an occasional throw in which they appear not to be sure of either-

Yavn Speaks -6 August-
Quote-
We've always tried to experiment with unique ways of doing things, like in-Park Questing, and we'll continue to do that (for example, we'll still be doing cool stuff in the Parks, like the merchandise cards and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest) - but those things won't revolve just around VMK Central.

Sounds like they do not even know what they will do in the future, but also seems pretty clear the old quests won't be back. Don't you think?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:38 PM
< All my Pink dogs! :)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

sunnyskye is floating through Inner Space
Well, the quests may be gone, but they can always give them out in different ways.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaGirl1 View Post
IDK, that sounds to me like he told us they were over- except an occasional throw in which they appear not to be sure of either-
But the question is - will they have "throw in"s this holiday season? They have explicity not ruled them out. They've even used the word "quest" for something that wasn't anything like a quest.

And otherwise... they've told us almost nothing. As usual.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!