Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other Disney/Pixar Games

Other Disney/Pixar Games Including games from PC, XBOX, PS2, Wii and the pocket systems.

Old Disney Developing Disney Fantasy Online for China?!?!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Exclamation Disney Developing Disney Fantasy Online for China?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Worlds News
NetDragon and Disney Developing Disney Fantasy Online for China

NetDragon and The Walt Disney Company's Interactive Media Group, which was formed this summer out of the Internet and Games groups, announced today (December 2nd 2008) their partnership to develop Disney Fantasy Online, a new virtual world set for release in Spring 2009. The world will feature a central world with Disney mainstays like Mickey as NPCs that guide players on quests and adventures, which in turn let users advance, acquire new virtual goods, and explore new worlds. As Disney Fantasy is targeted at China, it makes sense that it will feature premium accessories and virtual goods for sale to customize avatars, castles that can be traded and upgraded, and Disney-themed Pets, which can also be purchased.

"Disney is committed to providing gamers in China with the ultimate digital entertainment destination. Our characters and stories endure across generations, platforms and now immersive online experiences," said Mr. Stanley Cheung, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Walt Disney Greater China. "We are very pleased to be cooperating with NetDragon, to create a unique, fun, and brand-new entertainment experience for gamers."

So this probrobly means Disney is making a new game, and they are teaming up with a company from China

And it might mean its for China cause... "As Disney Fantasy is targeted at China"

what do ya'll think OH YEAH THIS IS NOT A RUMOR!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered+

FFurble is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Exclamation NEW VMK : "Disney Fantasy Online !!!

I recently come across this article and it sounds to be the NEXT VMK !!!

NetDragon and Disney to Launch First MMORPG 'Disney Fantasy Online'

(December 2, 2008) NetDragon Websoft Inc., one of the leading online game developers and operators in China, together with The Walt Disney Company's Interactive Media Group today announced their first Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) "Disney Fantasy Online" will be launched in Spring 2009. This fun and dynamic game is set to be the most highly anticipated game for the season.

Gamers of "Disney Fantasy Online" are immersed in a uniquely Disney-themed central world, created based on themes of magic, adventure and romance with non-playing Disney character hosts such as Mickey and Friends, preparing and training the gamers for the vast adventures that lie ahead. As gamers explore, complete quests, and level-up, they have the opportunity to acquire virtual items to personalize the gaming experience and enable them to explore additional worlds more extensively. Expansion packs with new adventures and maps will be constantly added to the game, providing endless opportunities for gamers to uncover new content and secrets.

"Disney is committed to providing gamers in China with the ultimate digital entertainment destination. Our characters and stories endure across generations, platforms and now immersive online experiences," said Mr. Stanley Cheung, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Walt Disney Greater China. "We are very pleased to be cooperating with NetDragon, to create a unique, fun, and brand-new entertainment experience for gamers".

Key game features include:

Gamers will explore vast fantastic lands, and can show off their skills in turn-based battle mode
Fully customizable player avatars, premium accessories, and other in- game items
Players will be able to "raise" Disney-themed companions or "Pets" throughout the game. Companions can be won, purchased, and/or discovered and will have various attributes that enhance the gaming experience. Companions are expected to be nurtured and will grow and mature through game play
Players can build their virtual castles within the game world, which will act as the player's virtual personal space. These virtual castles can be upgraded, assembled, traded, and shared
Leveling-up, team-play, raising companions, and building virtual castles provide endless gameplay and community activities
NetDragon, renowned for its leadership in online gaming development and operating experience, is responsible for developing "Disney Fantasy Online". The Game consists of many virtual worlds based on some of Disney's most famous stories, providing an exciting environment for endless adventure.

Mr. Liu Luyuan, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of NetDragon said, "We have 9 years of rich experience in online game development, and operations in multiple international markets. Creating and sharing great entertainment experiences are common objectives of NetDragon and Disney. I'm very excited about being able to work with Disney's rich content to develop this exciting game". "We assigned the best creative and production teams to this project and the end result is the creation of a totally unique gaming experience around unique stories that will delight gamers," said Mr. Liu Luyuan.

Last edited by TopazR; 12-03-2008 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Advertising
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
RPG
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award 
Total Awards: 1

mogwog is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I came accross this article as well and as it states it will only be available in China, Then maybe in other countries later down the line.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:28 AM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
They're messed up! They take away OUR game, just take it away, and team up with China! Ok, make it WORLDWIDE! That would get you A LOT of visits!!! Seriously...
Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks To All!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
Nickpf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
So we are the only ones in the world who can have fun on our computer? Yes they should have made it worldwide, but the US is not the only country that can have fun.

Thanks Friez for the awesome sig and buttons of doom!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wouldnt poke the game with a ten foot pole if it gets here. Unless it turns outto be any resemblance of vmk.... :P
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hey Hey HEy lets not rant... ROFL and you forgot Canada Nickpf so just say North America........
Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
AKA Sandy
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

sandollargirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok they probably get more money from us and everything ... and they make a game for China. ok disney is officiallly gone haywall.

to put it simply

Disney Fantacy killed the VMKER! ( haha just wanted to try that saying for kicks)

Can anybody e mail Disney and confrim what this is exactly and who it's for.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm moving to China!

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:00 AM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well, if this is the next "VMK", I hope it will be good! Too bad it is only available in China, maybe sometime soon it will be available worldwide

~Earth
Old 04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Imagineer_MagicCole

MagicCole is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If they do make it worldwide, just imagine how many servers they are going to need to make the game worldwide? For example, Runescape has different worlds because they made it worldwide. Maybe Disney and NetDragon don't wanna do that.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Mordigant in VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
improvist_evan is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well remember VMK was only good for Americans, due to its schedule of closing for the night. But now that they take OUR game away, they're making games available for every country imaginable but us! We have a few but none are free.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:03 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good thing I've been watching a lot of Ni Hao, Kai-lan recently. I am set. I'm basically fluent in mandarin.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
Mickeypaws is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer_Nick View Post
Good thing I've been watching a lot of Ni Hao, Kai-lan recently. I am set. I'm basically fluent in mandarin.

ROFL that was hilarious
Old 05-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered+

My Mood: SaveVMK
hauntedmansionvisitor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I wouldn't count on it lasting long if Disney is involved. They will probably only run the game for a few years and then close it like they did vmk. I wonder how they will feel towards Disney when that happens.

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-15-2009 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: minor adjustment