Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old The Pokemon Discussion Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Vivi, I really have never had real problems in storyline battles. When I was at Maylene, I had 6 level 30-32 some Pokemon in my team. :P

My suggestion is(Pre-Maylene, but you're past that now):

If your team is made of two Pokemon, get them both up to level 35.
If three Pokemon, up to 33.
Four or more, ~31's fine.

Type coverage is also important; Ground, Water, Electric, Fighting, and Flying will basically cover most enemy types, so try to carry at least three of those types of moves.

'Course, don't forget other type moves, either. Practically all except Steel can provide important coverage sometimes.

Just train in the grassy areas for an hour or so, or if you have the Vs. Seeker(I don't remember when you get it, but I think you should have it by now) then rechallenge trainers that gave good EXP. Trainer battles are worth more EXP than battling Pokemon in the wild.

I also suggest you fight every trainer you see; if you don't, you're bound to be underleveled unless you spend major time fighting Wild Pokemon. I don't mean Vs. Seeker them, but fight 'em all at least once.

P.S. The only real problem I had in a Storyline battle was... well, not to spoil, but the trainer right before battling Giratina. Y'see, I wanted to catch a great Modest Giratina, so I had to take an HM using Pokemon (Bibarel with Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Waterfall) just to get up Mt. Coronet, a Modest Synchronize Alakazam(If a Pokemon with Synchronize is in the first spot in your party, Wild Pokemon have a 50% chance of being the same nature as your Synchronize Pokemon.), and an empty slot(so I wouldn't have to walk back to a PC in order to check Giratina's stats).

Needless to say, the trainer battle before Giratina(5 level 46-48 Pokemon) was nasty, considering I didn't bring any Pokemon with Electric attacks. >_<
So, yeah, the three I had to face him were my level 48-ish Infernape, 46-48(can't remember) Starraptor, and 45-some Empoleon(can't remember his level; transferred him as a Piplup from Diamond. :P).

If you aren't going for good nature and IVs in your Giratina, then be sure to pack some great Pokemon with great type coverage after you get the 7th badge.. ESPECIALLY electric attacks. The trainer packs a Gyarados, Honchkrow, and Crobat, among others.

Last edited by Derejin; 05-03-2009 at 01:05 AM..
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Marth, sorry to hear that. You had a bad day.

And I don't pay much attention to stats, I focus more on Moves/Types. I don't battle online much.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Poor Marth! LOL
Yeah...that was a tricky battle, too bad I won. :P
But now I'm in the wonderful past the eighth gym, hurrah. My lv52 Empoleon rocks, but lv45 Luxray is my second. Ha-ha I'm getting majorly trashed in Victory Road, huzzah!
I have A QUESTION!
Why isn't my Giratina in Origin Form?! Do I need a special item or what?!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yes, you do. However, you cannot get the item until after the Elite Four, sorry.

And your team is.. waaay imbalanced. I'd suggest power training that Luxray, along with a few other Pokemon. Here are a few suggestions to get on to your team:

Starraptor(if you don't have one in training already, find a Staravia and capture it, then train it up)
Gardevoir(find a Ralts(Route 208, near the Berry Master House) and train him up. It'll take awhile, but it's worth it).
Houndoom(there are some Houndours in a few places; catch one. They have very nifty type coverage for the Elite Four)
And maybe a Roserade(Find a Budew, level it until it's a Roselia, use a Sun Stone).

Those with your Empoleon and Luxray will really help. For the E4, I'd suggest getting all 6 Pokemon up to 52 beforehand.

GreatGreenWizard, I understand your point of view due to you playing only singleplayer, so it's fine for ingame only purposes.
If you DO decide to battle someone, though, you miiight be in trouble, no offense.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Banned

Marth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Muahaha, I got wifi back up! Long night of resetting my computer, fixing Wi-Fi settings, and so on.

Back to battling

Edit: Did you guys here about the possible G/S remakes? We'll find out if the rumor is true on May 10th...six more days. <.<
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Great, Marth.
Yes, I heard the rumor, and it seems quite possible. Me, I've never played G/S/C, so it might be interesting.

Did you get that.. PokeSav working? Me, I don't touch it; I EV legitimately. XD
Old 05-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Anyone know what you do after you talk to your rival at that snowy lake? I skipped through the conversation and have no idea what to do.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
huzzah! Currently training my lv40 Staraptor!
I have a Roselia in training...
and looking for a Ralts, I really wanted a Gardenvoir but I was lazy :P
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derejin View Post
Great, Marth.
Yes, I heard the rumor, and it seems quite possible. Me, I've never played G/S/C, so it might be interesting.

Did you get that.. PokeSav working? Me, I don't touch it; I EV legitimately. XD
When my computer was acting up, the USB sort've...died. Happened to people with new ARs .-.

And I EV'd all my Pokemon legitly, other than my last two teams maybe.
I started using PokeSav to try new EV spreads and make "different" teams.

I didn't feel like wasting all my time breeding then EV'ing Pokemon that would end up failing.

That's why it isn't a huge problem. If I need to PokeSav, I have enough friends on Pe2k/PC who can do it for me :O
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Ah, I see, interesting. :P

Brer Nick, you need to conquer the next Gym and get Rock Climb, then use it to get to where your Rival talked to you, then continue into the next room north of that spot. Fight a Galactic Admin there.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

Example of my PokeSavs -Bulk Up Hitmonchan, Pure Kiss Wall

I had others like Porygon-2 and Rotom, but I never brought them over to my game..They're still files on my computer XD.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yeah, I read about the possible G/S re-makes. While there is plenty of evidence to suggest that, consider this. When Ruby and Sap came out, there was no way to get a lot of PKMN, so they re-made Red and Blue so we could get older PKMN. And the 2nd Gen was torn between the two. So that was the reason for Red and Blue being re-made, but we can pretty much get all PKMN now without the Jhoto region. I hope they re-make it, so I could visit my home reigon of Kanto again.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 AM
The Biggest Narutard Ever
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 10

Here Since Day 1
naruhina4894 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Muahaha, I got wifi back up! Long night of resetting my computer, fixing Wi-Fi settings, and so on.

Back to battling

Edit: Did you guys here about the possible G/S remakes? We'll find out if the rumor is true on May 10th...six more days. <.<
How will we find out? I heard about that like a year ago, but didn't know if it was true. I really hope it is though.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruhina4894 View Post
How will we find out? I heard about that like a year ago, but didn't know if it was true. I really hope it is though.
What you heard a few years back is in no way connected with this.

And the info is coming from a Japanese show about Pokemon. I don't know the name of it, or really it's purpose. I do know it gives news about upcoming events and such..that's about it. Never really looked into it.

Edit: Confirmed . But now..stay with all my EV'd Pokemon in Plat, or bring them to Gold? D: (IF we get the remakes..)

Last edited by Marth; 05-08-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yep, most definitely confirmed. New games are remakes of Gold and Silver, aptly titled Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Pretty neat.