Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old Does it make you sad?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:31 AM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Does it make you sad?

♥ A couple years ago, I was a Disney lover. I loved Minnie. I was a princess fan. I thought they could do no wrong.
Then VMK opened, and I thought I had at last found a real, nice, genuine company. My belief is Disney was strong.

Then VMK closed.

It taught me a lesson. A company is a company.
But I'm still bitter. I don't like talking about Di$ney. It makes me mad, and my friends think it's funny to mention the name and watch me rant.

But sometimes I wish that I still could see no wrong in Di$ney. That I could still believe it to be the different company, the really, truly, magical company I once saw it for.

But then I remember VMK. I know that nobody knows the true reason it closed. I suppose I still maintain some belief in Di$ney's power- the fact that they could keep ANYTHING open. If they really cared.

Do you every wish that you could still see the magic in Di$ney? Of course, we all wish VMK hadn't closed, but don't you wish, somehow, we could still believe and support the company Disney, instead of opposing Di$ney?

Please do not argue with my opinion on whether to call it Di$ney or Disney. Please just tell me how you feel-
Do you wish that we, who had been affected by VMK, could still see Disney do no wrong? ♥
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
Unfortunately I wasn't around when Disney was a genuine article willing to appease its fans and cater to the family. The Disney company lost its magic once Walt Disney himself passed on. Michael Eisner actually did do a good job of maintaining the company but got corrupt over time and things took a turn for the worst, as the company became the company...a power hungry force not to be reckoned with.

Disney these days treats their avid fans as sheep so of course it saddens me but I have always found something to love in the company, as hints of Walt still exist to this day. There are people who help build the magic and keep it alive.

For example, there's a man named Oscar who works in the Carnation Cafe on Main Street USA in Disneyland who's been working there since the park opened in 1955. He is the real deal of what Disney had to offer way back when and he overseas the guests are having a good time by visiting every table and enhancing the experience. You just won't find that in any other theme park. I've had other terrific encounters with Disney characters and cast members that let me know that there's still a reason to smile and trust that the Disney company will be around a long time...not just due to money.

So of course while there's a lot of greed and shadiness inside the Disney company, there's a lot to smile about too.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
In regards to VMK, I did not really care at the time it closed about Disney, but all through my childhood I always found it to be a magic company. I mean, before VMK was, Mickey Mouse Club was. I remember more about Disney than VMK in all truth. The magic of Disney is not just in media, it is in it's rich history. Just because it is a company that needs to make dollars does not take away the magic it offers year after to year to millions of families. My family plays Toon Town and finds just as much magic in it than any other Disney product. I find magic in my plush Mickey Mouse and the memories I find in Mickey. I understand your rant, but Disney is still a magical place and nothing will ever take that away from me.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
After vmk closed i was quite had a bitter outlook on the Disney buisness but I always remember the magic I experience with Disney and I just push the bitter thoughts to the back of my head and smile. Disney is a very happy place for me and vmk was a great game. I let vmk go. But I don't think I'll ever let disney go!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I still refuse to believe that it was Disney (notice no $) who closed VMK. Even though it may not be entirely true, I have to blame certain other people. It may be stubborn to think because I do not know the whole story, but this is what (to put a Grey's Anotomy (sp?) spin to this) "helps me sleep at night". I just can't lose my faith in Disney, one of the most important parts of my life (not going into my life story :Pm).

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008

Last edited by Brain; 01-28-2009 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: Flaming
Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 AM
<--Thanks BelgianWaffle!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Pwness
CaptainZeke is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebry View Post
I still refuse to believe that it was Disney (notice no $) who closed VMK. It may be stubborn to think because I do not know the whole story, but this is what (to put a Grey's Anatomy (sp?) spin to this) "helps me sleep at night". I just can't lose my faith in Disney, one of the most important parts of my life (not going into my life story :Pm).
I agree wholeheartedly. This decision wasn't made by Disney as a whole. Every huge corporation has to have at least a few bad eggs in it who only care about the green slips o' paper.

If you go to a Disney park, you find Disney characters who are happy to help you have a great time there. Cast members (usually) are willing to assist you by any means possible. There's still a lot of magic at and in Disney. But those few bad eggs can change the whole course of decisions by the company, especially if one of them is near the top.

However, we do need to remember that VMK started out as and always was a promotion. It wasn't even supposed to last more than two years, but it lasted a whole heck of a lot longer than that. We should be thankful for the extra time we got to enjoy because they decided to keep it open for that long. Some of the people on these forums never would have had the chance to experience VMK if they had closed it when they had planned to.

Last edited by Brain; 01-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Flaming
Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Very true Captain, Me and my daughter signed on in 2007 and would not have had the chance to even experience it. good insight and I am thankful for at least that amount of time.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 

GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I never technically was a Disney fan, but I still saw the magic in it. Til VMK closed. Now I am angered by the company. I recently read a biography on Walt Disney, he was a good man. But, a company needs money. Walt ran into that reality time and time again. I do believe that there was a better solution then closing VMK and calling it a "promotion". They lied to us, never once did they say it was a "promotion". Not until they told us it was closing. Disney was started to make people happy, not upset them. They lied, that is my opinion.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I felt the exact way you did! Now, I know better than to feel that way about them. Sure, I still love Disney, but I will never like it as much as I used too.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:41 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
No one can see the magic in Disney, if you call it Di$ney.

The magic is still there...It will ALWAYS be there.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Does it make me happy? No. Does it make me sad? I will live.

Disney was a good company but ever since Walt died it became purely based on money. Basically everything Disney now is Pixar. At least everything good.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 AM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Here Since Day 1
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
♥ I agree, absolutely, that there are still true, good people in Disney (No $ for the good part). However, Di$ney seems to be run by a- well, not Walt. I just wish I could still see the good magic I used to think. It's not that I really hate Di$ney now, but I see it as a company rather than a magical place. ♥
Old 02-01-2009, 02:34 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I just can't seem to figure out the aspect that is messing Disney up. It's not Walt gone, because Disney did great even after Walt was gone. Their parks were going strong, they were still making GREAT movies as shown by Lion King and Aladdin and such, but it wasn't till later on.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Born In Park
Mickeypaws is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefairy View Post
♥ A couple years ago, I was a Disney lover. I loved Minnie. I was a princess fan. I thought they could do no wrong.
Then VMK opened, and I thought I had at last found a real, nice, genuine company. My belief is Disney was strong.

Then VMK closed.

But I'm still bitter. I don't like talking about Di$ney. It makes me mad, and my friends think it's funny to mention the name and watch me rant.

But sometimes I wish that I still could see no wrong in Di$ney. That I could still believe it to be the different company, the really, truly, magical company I once saw it for.

But then I remember VMK. I know that nobody knows the true reason it closed. I suppose I still maintain some belief in Di$ney's power- the fact that they could keep ANYTHING open. If they really cared.

Do you every wish that you could still see the magic in Di$ney? Of course, we all wish VMK hadn't closed, but don't you wish, somehow, we could still believe and support the company Disney, instead of opposing Di$ney?

Please do not argue with my opinion on whether to call it Di$ney or Disney. Please just tell me how you feel-
Do you wish that we, who had been affected by VMK, could still see Disney do no wrong? ♥
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Suess.

Though I don't have the same secure feeling I used to with Disney, I still smile because they let me meet some of the most remarkable people of my life.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefairy View Post

Then VMK closed.

Cookfairy...
I agree with EVERYTHING you just said (no I am not lying just in case somebody asks) and yeah I wish I could still like the company. I have some hatred for Disney because they closed VMK but I still visit the parks and appreciate Disney in a non-coperate way.

-jedry