Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered > VMK Remembered Archive

VMK Remembered Archive Archive for VMK Remembered forum.

Old The 'Unreleased' Items Hype

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Mordigant in VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Stitch-ish
improvist_evan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I am actually fluent in the language of sarcasm. I just didn't think the staff would be fired. When my brother was in College Program at WDW, he worked at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. When the restaurant closed for renovation, did they tell all the workers there to go home and come back to work again a month later? No, my brother was reassigned to Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios, and the other workers were reassigned elsewhere, and his manager was actually reassigned to Restaurantosaurus (sp?) in Animal Kingdom where their manager had just retired, and that ended up being a permanent transfer. One high-end online Disney shop, DisneyAuctions.com, was retired in I think 2007 and everybody there got reassigned to other online Disney shops and marketing portions including the main one and Movie Rewards Club, among others. When something closes in Disney, the staff generally just gets reassigned.

Oh and by the way, the head guy on VMK staff, Yavn, actually has a very high level job with Disney Corporation, and signs a lot of Disney paychecks!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by improvist_evan View Post
I am actually fluent in the language of sarcasm. I just didn't think the staff would be fired. When my brother was in College Program at WDW, he worked at Electric Umbrella in Epcot. When the restaurant closed for renovation, did they tell all the workers there to go home and come back to work again a month later? No, my brother was reassigned to Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios, and the other workers were reassigned elsewhere, and his manager was actually reassigned to Restaurantosaurus (sp?) in Animal Kingdom where their manager had just retired, and that ended up being a permanent transfer. One high-end online Disney shop, DisneyAuctions.com, was retired in I think 2007 and everybody there got reassigned to other online Disney shops and marketing portions including the main one and Movie Rewards Club, among others. When something closes in Disney, the staff generally just gets reassigned.

Oh and by the way, the head guy on VMK staff, Yavn, actually has a very high level job with Disney Corporation, and signs a lot of Disney paychecks!
You're correct, atleast that is what Yavn said in the April 7th newsletter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavn Speaks
So what's going to happen to the VMK Staff when VMK closes? Well, we're all moving onto other projects here at Disney and positively looking ahead to the future. Me and a few other team members have already moved to other projects (but are still making sure VMK is running smoothly until it closes).
Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
I am actually fluent in the language of sarcasm. I just didn't think the staff would be fired.
While I'm sure many of the development staff were moved to other projects, let's not forget some of our wonderful 'Host's that were all caught by suprise like the rest of us and dumped without even a chance of relocation in the Disney Empire.

Back on the original topic..
Great pic Schmoofy! For a second the rush of seeing a new item did return! (Well 'till reality sat on that.)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:

LOL, I love Pizza Planet. I love Toy Story all together. Maybe I will see him there on my next visit.

And anyways, the staff were fired. Why else did they go to VFK, then EI, and a few other games?

Never seen that item before, weird since I read the wiki alot.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Mordigant in VMK
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
improvist_evan is as Frosty as a Snowman
VFK is the same staff?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Some of the hosts used to. Most or all of them left now.