Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Message from VMK staff

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Heave Ho Hoist the colors
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Piratey
AwesomeM is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Message from VMK staff

I had a room title Club33 and i got this message: "We do not allow room to be named "Club33", we are changing the room name."
Then why do they allow Club33 to be in room names? confused me.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:38 AM
(:

My Mood: LOL
VMKChrisssy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Cause someone might think it's the real Club33

XxChrisssy
Old 09-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
That's why my room was so filled! It is now Disney's Dream Club.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Yea, I have to agree here. People get excited when they see club33 in the room title because they think it's the real Club 33 room. At least the staff didn't do anything drastic like ban you for a day.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Disney's Dream Club is now re-opened, re-named and improved! Search adventuretarz for Disney's Dream Club Ticket Services and Reservations Office!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Festive
Disneyzoodude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKChrisssy View Post
Cause someone might think it's the real Club33

XxChrisssy
exactly. And you know how mad people can get
Old 10-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
I would have kept the room as is named by staff. I mean how many people actually get to have a room titled "<unacceptable title>"? lol
Old 10-17-2007, 10:06 PM
ghettoo to the floo'

My Mood: Loud
VMKJen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They made you change the name because people would have though it was really the Club33 room.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
HOMERBILLYBOND

My Mood: Sad
AcePirateDan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Many people would of thought it was the real Club 33.
Why they dont just click it and look at the title i have no idea.
But i cant answer your question to why they don't allow you to have it in room title.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered+

grayman is as Frosty as a Snowman
While I understand the rationale behind this move, it seems a little silly to me. This is similar to making people change room names when they are similar to the Host game rooms. All people have to do is identify the room owner when they click on the room and it will be clear that it is not the real Club33. Additionally, what is the harm in this? It is not like the room owner can charge people for coming into the room.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayman View Post
While I understand the rationale behind this move, it seems a little silly to me. This is similar to making people change room names when they are similar to the Host game rooms. All people have to do is identify the room owner when they click on the room and it will be clear that it is not the real Club33. Additionally, what is the harm in this? It is not like the room owner can charge people for coming into the room.
True gray, but a lot of players are either too lazy to look at the room owner or just really don't get how to look at it. It seems like it should be simple enough to handle...
Old 10-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Festive
Disneyzoodude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
True gray, but a lot of players are either too lazy to look at the room owner or just really don't get how to look at it. It seems like it should be simple enough to handle...
yeah. I agree. Whats the harm?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Registered+

sue555 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't like rooms like host lily waiting room or club33 rooms because although I look and see they are not the official rooms new people and young kids don't realize it. I have seen long waiting lines for host lily waiting rooms because some kids thought you were suppose to go there to wait. I don't know why people need a room called this if you want to wait for host then wait you do not have to name the room a waiting for (host) room and then watch a long queue form, you know these people are confused. I believe they should be closed.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
It seems silly to me,too. If staff are so "powerful" why can't they just put a mickey sign next to their rooms as usual so people don't get confused?? I guess they just play Wheel of the ban. A game where they spin a wheel to see who they'll ban next..
Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered+

staticbill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think its a little silly, I mean look who the room owner is, but I think they change it for the new people just joining the Kingdom. They might've heard what Club33 was, saw it somewhere, etc.. and then wanted to see it, not knowing if it is real thing. I think it was a good move by VMK Staff.