Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > A Bug's Life > Bug Guts

Bug Guts Squashed Bugs!

Old PROBLEMS with Animator's Desk Codes!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Tron ’s single use pirate key has opened an empty treasure chest
Exclamation PROBLEMS with Animator's Desk Codes!

Quote:
The very short version: Yes, right now The Animation Desk = The Ace of Spades carpet rug. It is true. It is not a rumor.

If someone offers to trade you an Animation Desk in the next day or so, require that they trade you the actual item, not the code. The codes are generating Ace of Spades carpet rugs.

How I know (aka, the long version): I was at DCA and Disneyland today. I received cards for The Animation Desk. They began handing them out in the afternoon.

HOWEVER...

Later in the evening I was at VMK Central at Disneyland. For those of you who do not know Disneyland is less than a five minute walk from DCA. I signed on to vmk to say hi to some friends. I decided to first enter an Animation Desk code and place it in one of my rooms. The following message was generated: "You have used a code to receive a virtual prize: the Ace of Spades carpet. You will be the envy of the kingdom."

Uh-oh.

I found a vmk central staff person and explained the situation. She asked if I had another desk code that I had not entered. I did. She and I entered it together. I received another Ace of Spades carpet. We looked in my inventory, hoping it was just the message that was wrong. I had two new ace of spades carpets.

She and several others in VMK Central attempted to get answers. They were unable to. They attempted to provide me with new cards. At that time, they were unable to (due to the fact that all of the cards are over at DCA, where there was a special event taking place). They DID say that they sent an e-mail to the person that handles these types of issues and hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

They said that they did not know at that time if:
1) the cards that had been issued to anyone today would eventually work and it was just a programming error that needed to be fixed so that the codes awarded the proper item, or
2) the ace of spades in my inventory would change to an Animators Desk (doubtful, imho), or
3) if all cards would be recalled and new ones would need to be issued (which they admitted was not fair to those who travelled any distance and happened to receive an Animators Desk today).

They did send an e-mail to the appropriate people asking for a note to be placed on the vmk home page stating not to enter any codes from Animation Desk cards that may have been received thus far until it is announced that the problem has been fixed (so ppl do not end up with Ace of Spades instead, like I did).

I must say, they were helpful in attempting to find answers and interested in trying to make things right, but they were not able to fix anything or provide any answers as they are not the team who handles the programming side of the game. They also shared that it is a bit difficult with the cards being handed out in DCA where there are no computers and that the staff in VMK Central has no animation desk cards since they are given out at DCL.

Side mini-rant: Let's hope this gets fixed quickly. I don't understand how this happens and why the cards are promoted before the items are properly available. Wouldn't it make sense to test one code off of an actual card just to make sure prior to handing them out to the public that the right items is received in the inventory? I wonder what happened and how it will be fixed? Is it truly something as simple as pointing the batch of codes towards a particular item in the vmk database? Out of everything I know about computers, programming is not included. I do wonder though - is Ace of Spades the first vmk item alphabetically? If so, it would seem that maybe the fix is something as simple as the right person going into an item listing and re-assigning the batch of codes to the right item. Maybe???

Conclusion: Just know, for now, if you have Animator Desk Cards, hold on to those codes. I would not enter them just yet, as advised by the staff at vmk central upon receiving Ace of Spades rugs for my Desk codes.

Hope the above makes sense. Ask away if you have any questions.

Just looking out for everyone,
- name removed -

P.S. Mods, I dont know how this works, but maybe this can become a temporary sticky so that this important information remains towards the top and people dont get scammed with codes. Just a thought....

This is not good news. Dont use or put in your codes yet, and I WOULD NOT trade for them yet until the problem is fixed.

All credit to Disney Dreams for this report, thats the reason why its in qoutations.

Last edited by Tron; 06-14-2006 at 10:08 PM..
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Ciao

jeremyv has disabled reputation
lol! I've seen the offers on them too, which are completely out of whack considering I heard from another site that the promotion is here to stay until next spring as an effort to further promote Disney artists. Many people have predicted on here they'll be as common as Magenta Rockets, maybe even Pink Doors after the year goes by.

I feel bad for those getting a rug when they had their hopes set on a new desk. Reminds me of what's happening with all the Mickey Ear codes right now, giving the pin instead of the ears.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Born to Ride

ASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with ConfettiASuperStitch is covered with Confetti
This same thing happend a few months ago at WDW with the Golden Ears cards. they gave out a Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin. I entered a dozen of those ears cards at VMK Central at WDW one day with the workers present and they all did the same. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do to fix the problem. I sure hope the workers at Disneyland stop handing these bad cards out or there are going to be some very unhappy VMKers.

Are you sure what you are saying or doing is allowed? Check the Forum Rules and Regulations to be sure!
Do you play ToonTown? Check the Wiki for everything you need to know about Toontown!
For everthing VMK go to the Wiki
Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyv
lol! I've seen the offers on them too, which are completely out of whack considering I heard from another site that the promotion is here to stay until next spring as an effort to further promote Disney artists. Many people have predicted on here they'll be as common as Magenta Rockets, maybe even Pink Doors after the year goes by.

I feel bad for those getting a rug when they had their hopes set on a new desk. Reminds me of what's happening with all the Mickey Ear codes right now, giving the pin instead of the ears.
Well I see some over there in the trading section who are offering Stitch Boxes and Candy Cauldrons for it. It wont be good when they give them the code and they get a rug. Arg...
Old 06-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Hall of Fame

JeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Hopefully, this will be resolved soon. Definitly good to know though.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
VMK for all!

Acepowerboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hi Clusty, Ty for the info. Have you seen the offer I made for the desk, You think I'm trading to much for the desk, because I don't know how many of the are going to be out their. I'm from WDW and will never be able to go to Cali. Again Ty for the Info. I will not take a code until one of you Vmk friend let me know is ok or only the desk it self.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:29 PM
I miss the Pirate Dock!
Awards Showcase
Private Message Donation Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: VMK
Kangaforlife is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thank you, Clusty, for the timely news! I was at DCA yesterday, but they did not have the cards in at the time and I was planning to go over today to get one... this is the last day of our trip, and our last chance to get a card, so I hope the problem is resolved! To add to your rant: the VMK home page promoted the Animator's Desk on Monday, but the cards were not available until Tuesday afternoon (and they apparently don't work, lol). I agree with you that the cards should not have been promoted until they were available (and working properly).

If I am able to get a card today, I will definitely go over to Innoventions and try the code before I leave the resort... thanks for the advice!!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

I'm not sure that if the code DID work, I would trade anything more than a HSM Piano for it. Some say the promotion will not end until next year, making way for these to become just about as rare as pink doors.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
No One Mourns The Wicked

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: AFK
PirateTod is Buried in TreasurePirateTod is Buried in TreasurePirateTod is Buried in Treasure
I Kinda Figured This Would Happen, Being A Brand New Card And All
Old 06-14-2006, 01:36 PM
VMK for all!

Acepowerboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ty you again, Plz keep us WDW people posted. We don't know what really happens in DCA.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Pin Trader

SimiRich is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKplayer123
This same thing happend a few months ago at WDW with the Golden Ears cards. they gave out a Happiest Celebration on Earth Pin. I entered a dozen of those ears cards at VMK Central at WDW one day with the workers present and they all did the same. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do to fix the problem. I sure hope the workers at Disneyland stop handing these bad cards out or there are going to be some very unhappy VMKers.
This same thing happened to us at DLR just 2 weeks ago. We told staff and they made arrangements for us to get new cards at Mad Hatter in Fantasyland and these worked.
Whew!
Old 06-14-2006, 02:01 PM
DDR ♥

AwesomeCute is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I hope VMK can find a way to give you new desks. I agree that they should at least test the codes out to make sure they are giving you the right items and such. Thanks for letting everybody know!
Old 06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered+

LadyVader is floating through Inner Space
Thanks for posting this.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

acevideogameadict is spinning in a Cursed Storm
that so stinks that the cards dont work
Old 06-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Fpoon Frosty spoon lol

snowbird is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i dn't have to worry cause they put everything in DLR and not WDW which is wear i live and get in free bring something here DLR no WDW yes more stuff faster rides yes bring it here bring it here lol