Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Return 2 Zero Fired At Disney Hollywood Studios

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Return 2 Zero Fired At Disney Hollywood Studios

Its a sad week this week as it was announced that disney has fired the pre-show group for the Beauty and the Beast show Four For A Dollar (known as Return 2 Zero in park). On another site one of the wives of a member of the group said that it was completely disney's doing and the reason was so disney could free up some money for the High School Musical 3 Cast. In my opinion, this is a horrible horrible descision. It is just another thing disney is doing for penny pinching.

This is just another act for money as was switching chicken tenders with nuggets, replacing popular shops with those silly princess botiques, making disney stores carry children clothes and nothing but, franchising hannah montana and high school musical (the worst things in my opinion), and now this. There is more probably but it is very sad this has happened. Im actually not going to enjoy the studios anymore seeing how they kicked probably my favorite show to pay for a movie that I myself dont like even though others might but it will still earn them much money.

Their last show is on September 20.

Last edited by DizCaptain; 08-20-2008 at 04:18 PM..
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
So they're getting rid of the show to save money for the HSM3 cast? Wow...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Okay, none of the changes are a big deal. Chicken tenders to chicken nuggets isn't the end of the world. It's not even as bad as Arby's changing their french fries to curly fries. As for the Princess Botiques, almost every girl I saw was wearing those dresses, so I think they must love it. And for the Disney stores, the stores aren't owned by Disney. They were owned by a children's store company called Hoop Retail. However, recently Hoop Retail was thinking of selling the stores back to Disney ( or so I've been told). And canceling the opening act doesn't ruin the whole Beauty and the Beast show. I think it all depends on your opinion, but I think these changes are necessary. You have to make changes once and a while, or else you'll never progress forward, you'll just be stuck in the past.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
Okay, none of the changes are a big deal. Chicken tenders to chicken nuggets isn't the end of the world. It's not even as bad as Arby's changing their french fries to curly fries. As for the Princess Botiques, almost every girl I saw was wearing those dresses, so I think they must love it. And for the Disney stores, the stores aren't owned by Disney. They were owned by a children's store company called Hoop Retail. However, recently Hoop Retail was thinking of selling the stores back to Disney ( or so I've been told). And canceling the opening act doesn't ruin the whole Beauty and the Beast show. I think it all depends on your opinion, but I think these changes are necessary. You have to make changes once and a while, or else you'll never progress forward, you'll just be stuck in the past.
Well actually it can be the end of the world if you dont like Mcdonalds chicken nuggets. Also, last I checked my local Arbys I still had the option of regular or curly. The botiques are a disaster in my eyes since I see little girls getting to the front of lines just because theyre wearing a dress. If I was wearing a dress with pixie dust in my hair I would probably be arrested. Disney bought back the disney stores a few months ago plus they always had a say on certain limits of franchise items but they went full fledge. With the whole view on progressing forward, sometimes the old things are the best things. If Return 2 Zero quick I would respect it, but the fact that disney fired them for money to pay High School Musical 3 cast is not at all to me a move to progress forward.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:31 PM
•Dancing through life•
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Regal
Kitri has disabled reputation
I love those silly little princess shops. But that's beside the point. I see what you're saying, and I completely agree. But maybe we don't know everything yet. Maybe they're saving money for something bigger and better coming soon. You never know until the future comes.

Clickie
Thank you SoccerRyan and Pisces for being my math tutors!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I never got a chance to see them (hopefully I will) but I heard a recording someone did. They sound great.

Unfortunately, Disney's deciding that the public needs more "We're all in this together", when in reality, Walt Disney himself designed Disneyland so the whole family can be entertained, not just the kids.

Bad move, Disney.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-20-2008, 06:38 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitri View Post
I love those silly little princess shops. But that's beside the point. I see what you're saying, and I completely agree. But maybe we don't know everything yet. Maybe they're saving money for something bigger and better coming soon. You never know until the future comes.
I was in contact with one of the members and he said that disney told them that they needed to save money to help pay the high school musical cast. Honestly, they have enough money to keep them if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzietropics View Post
I never got a chance to see them (hopefully I will) but I heard a recording someone did. They sound great.

Unfortunately, Disney's deciding that the public needs more "We're all in this together", when in reality, Walt Disney himself designed Disneyland so the whole family can be entertained, not just the kids.

Bad move, Disney.
I agree. High School Musical is great for some but disney does have enough money to pay for both groups. I remember when I met them once they were saying how grateful they were for and how much they loved their jobs. They werent being spoiled with tons of money like the high school musical cast. These guys are good people who deserve this job. Sadly not.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
CL_Disruler
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

disruler ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Gr! This really frustrates me! All Disney is doing is turning itself back into a corporate monster again. All they want is money now. All they want is money. Walt would be disgusted. Sure Eisner lost them a lot of money, but he slowly gained it back. Here I was hoping that this new president would help Disney, but all he's doing is exploiting Hanah Montana and High School Musical to it's fullest. It disgusts me and is annoying beyond anything else. The company wasn't built on Zak and Miley's good looks. THey were built on amazing cartoons, movies, and parks. Now they're literally taking every originality and turning it into something corporate for marketing or turning it into Pixar. For a little there I saw some hope that things would be split between Disney's past and Disney's present, but I see now that's gone. How much you wanna bet VMK got shut down because the server fees and employee fees were given to the Jonas Brothers or Camp Rock or something else pre-teen girls go bananas for. Makes me sick, sad, and mad.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:01 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruler View Post
Gr! This really frustrates me! All Disney is doing is turning itself back into a corporate monster again. All they want is money now. All they want is money. Walt would be disgusted. Sure Eisner lost them a lot of money, but he slowly gained it back. Here I was hoping that this new president would help Disney, but all he's doing is exploiting Hanah Montana and High School Musical to it's fullest. It disgusts me and is annoying beyond anything else. The company wasn't built on Zak and Miley's good looks. THey were built on amazing cartoons, movies, and parks. Now they're literally taking every originality and turning it into something corporate for marketing or turning it into Pixar. For a little there I saw some hope that things would be split between Disney's past and Disney's present, but I see now that's gone. How much you wanna bet VMK got shut down because the server fees and employee fees were given to the Jonas Brothers or Camp Rock or something else pre-teen girls go bananas for. Makes me sick, sad, and mad.
Disney's always been a corporate monster after Walt.

On a slightly off topic, besides my apparent hatred for Michael Eisner (notice his initials spell ME) he did do some great things for Disney. (i.e. the Disney decade, MGM (DHS), among others.)

But you have a point. HSM was great, IMHO, but then they turned it into a monster. It's still good, mind you, but it's taking over absolutely everything (much like the Pixar-ation of the parks.) Disney's using a classic business tactic: make something great and milk it until it's dry.

While I am disappointed with Disney's decision, I'm not surprised, but look at all of the other great things Disney has, like the parks. (The ones that aren't infiltrated by the Disney Channel. )
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
No! I loved that show! I should have bought the CD while I had the chance Do you think the CD's will still be on sale at hte parks?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorams View Post
No! I loved that show! I should have bought the CD while I had the chance Do you think the CD's will still be on sale at hte parks?
Return 2 Zero has their own website from which you can buy their Cd's and contact them. I doubt they would sell their Cd's in park but if it gets disney money () who knows...
Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Umm, okay. Its not really a big deal. And your wrong about the chicken nugget thing. They replaced them cause they strips weren't being cooked all the way through. It was a means to keep quallaty up. AND THEY BOTH TASTE THE SAME.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
I was in contact with one of the members and he said that disney told them that they needed to save money to help pay the high school musical cast. Honestly, they have enough money to keep them if you ask me.

I agree. High School Musical is great for some but disney does have enough money to pay for both groups. I remember when I met them once they were saying how grateful they were for and how much they loved their jobs. They werent being spoiled with tons of money like the high school musical cast. These guys are good people who deserve this job. Sadly not.
I know why they needed the money, because zac and his huge ego wanted three times more money than everyone else. I agree with the princess boutique thing, it scares me. The bun hairstyle is cute, but when they do the other style they make it look like their are rats living in their hair(aka a rats nest) and they charge like 50 dollars for it.

My dad feels your pain he loved them, he bought their cd and everything. But I avoided them like the plauge.(sorry they weren't really my thing)
Old 08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Also, last I checked my local Arbys I still had the option of regular or curly.
Sorry, mine doesn't have that option.

If you look at it from a younger kid's perspective, they probably love everything that Disney is giving them, like the botiques, HSM, and Hannah Montana and can't get enough of them. Is Disney supposed to say, that's it! Get over it! or should they give them what they want? I don't think Disney is into everything just for the money, it's just business. What's the purpose of Imagineers if they can't change the old things? If you wanted everything in the parks to be the same, you mine as well fire all the Imagineers. You can't keep the park preserved from when it first opened. Plus, it's good to have new things in the park.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:02 PM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman

How Di$ney thinks:

Robert Iger: Money Money Money!
Secretary: Mr. Iger, you have a call. It's a child who want's to speak with you about Disney's future.
RI: Money!
S: Okay, I'll put him on.
Kid: Mr. Iger, I really thing Disney has stopped caring and is too money concerned. I mean, chicken NUGGETS!?
RI: Money!?
K: But it's the magic that matters, Mr. Iger, not the money!
RI: Money!!!!
K: Magic!
RI: Money!
K: Magic!
S: Mr. Iger, it's time for your swimming lessons in your solid gold money pool!
RI: MONEY!!!!!!!!!