Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Not VMK, but similar...?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Trader

Riverplate is as Frosty as a Snowman
Not VMK, but similar...?

I've been very interested by the buying of Playdom by disney and stumbled upon some interesting information on an upcoming game in production....

One quote: "...it almost sounds like Playdom is going to be including elements of Virtual Magic Kingdom.."
http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2011/11...ng-disney-game
Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
That's really interesting. It seems as though the project is in its really early stages, so nothing is really set yet. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 AM
music+skating=kelly.o

My Mood: Confused
kelly.o is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This gave me a little bit of hope thanks ^-^

Sig was made by me Mean Green Kelly.o The flip hat crew
I wanted to be Part of your world before it was cool
Old 08-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Sorry, but that game is Disney's Animal Kingdom Explorers... just another ordinary social game. I expected more from Playdom, given their work with Wild Ones (then again, that game became ridiculously expensive to thrive in quite a long time ago)
Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Ha, I tried playing that explorer game but never revisited after the first day. It seemed cool at first, but it just wasn't VMK. !

Last edited by Jezzi; 09-20-2012 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: unnecessary quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
It was more like a Farmville or something O_O it... was... just... nope.

Honestly, if they think about how much money they can probably squeeze from us all because we want to play it again so badly... well... Hope you all gots lots of moneies lol

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco

Old 09-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Yeah that's right. There was a time when I played Farmville quite a lot (had to plant my strawberries every 4 hours!) but I kinda drifted away. My parents and I have said countless times that Disney really have missed a trick with VMK. If it wasn't for VMK, we would have never made the two trips to Disneyland; we would never have bought annual passes (and renewed); we would have paid-to-play; we would have paid for merchandise; we would have paid for pins; we would have paid for online furniture. To any onlooker who didn't play the game, this probably sounds somewhat crazy, but the fact still remains that VMK was a hobby, just like any other, and people would indeed be willing to put the time and money into it. Some people may spend money attending a football game - we may want to spend money on VMK. It's simple business tactics that Disney appear to have overlooked. It's a shame, really.

Here's something I posted elsewhere back on the 27th February 2011:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad
My parents and I often tell people that amount of money Disney made from VMK. Now we all joined the game in August 2005 and stayed till the end (StitchMad, DCLmad and AceCaptainWayne if you knew us). If it wasn't for VMK, we would probably never have even thought of visiting DLR. We wanted to try the quests there and get the exclusive stuff - while visiting the original park. We went to DLR twice while VMK was open and that was the primary reason; when you take a look at how much we spent on tickets, merchandise, food, flights, hotel, car hire, it is not a cheap vacation. Heck, we even did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps door at Disneyland so that we could see the inside of Club 33! If our vacations to Disneyland weren't enough, it was probably VMK that continued our trips to WDW. Up until 2005, we would do vacations in Spain, Amsterdam, Florida. After 2005/6 however, all of our vacations have been to Florida / the United States. We bought Annual Passes for three (?) years running and now for the past two years, we've been staying on Disney property (OKW) with the Disney Dining Plan. Disney have made an absolute bomb out of us and I'd suggest it is down to VMK. We enjoy our time in Florida and the United States so much, we really do. Even as I type this, we just got back from a week's vacation in Florida this morning. VMK had so much potential: not only interactive features around the park, but merchandise. I own a VMK Hat, all the VMK pins (bar Tiki set), all the quest cards, all the quest answer cards and I would happily get my wallet out for anything with the VMK logo on. Why on Earth did Disney not realise this?
Since I posted that, we have had a further two trips to Disney's Old Key West Resort (with the Disney Dining Plan) and still enjoy each and every day we're in Florida. We've also bought annual passes once again after cancelling them for a couple of years. Some would say, after reading this, that VMK did its "job" (a promotional tool, allegedly) perfectly well. I'd say they could have got even more money. It was just fantastic.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!1!!
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
Spottedleaf is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I hope it's not like another Farmville.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN! ....Too early.
(My accounts on the other sister sites)
|TTC|PHF|
Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottedleaf View Post
I hope it's not like another Farmville.
It was. :-(
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 PM
~ say cheese.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: vmkpalish
HollyZooks is as Frosty as a Snowman
i can't even stand farmville. i hope its somewhat close to vmk :O

everything by me.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:25 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
I hate Farmville. I'm so sick of getting those requests. -.-

Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
farmville is evil. vmk >> farmville