Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old I've got something in mind so SVMKer's stay tuned.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
I've got something in mind so SVMKer's stay tuned.

I have a plan.
It might not be a smart plan.
It might not be a good plan.
But I have a plan.

After all the times I heard VMK made a real life impact, did you ever try to do something that didn't involve writing a letter or email?
I guess what I am trying to say is, what if we make a fundraiser....
What if we make bake sales or yard sales and save up the money from that send it to Disney.
Oh yes, I know what most of you are thinking by now.. " Send money to Disney, Are you out of your mind???? Disney has enough money they are just to lazy." or " This isn't a safe idea." or " Why should I waste time on something I know won't happen. " or " Isn't that being selfish, there are people dying from diseases in the world you know! ''
Let me answer all of those questions at once.
1. Disney is hurting from the economy believe or not.
2. If your underaged, get your parents to send the money for you. ( Don't they do that for pay-to-play games anyway. )
3. You can't predict the future. ( unless your a psychic which is pretty cool! )
4. VMK was the medicine for some people, and if they are willing to do it, why is it any of your business.
And newsflash, Im not saying send in 2,000 dollars. Maybe ten dollars or five would do the trick for now.
If you can't afford this, then don't worry, if you still want to save VMK and your talking about it, I can't say one bad thing about you.

I know this seems confusing, but in my mind, heres how I break it down.
We make a new group just for the people who are willing to do this, we find an appropriate leader, we have our fundraisers, we discuss how we should send this to Disney, and maybe we help them change their minds.

Ok, I know this is a REALLY stupid idea, but I am trying to save something I miss... and I know others miss it just as much as me.. so please maybe this could become real, maybe this could be the answer.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WOW! I don't think this is a stupid idea at all. If the money doesn't help than the thought that kids are doing this all around the world will really sink into their minds. I would definitly join!
Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nah i think it would be a waste but OKAY!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBs_Creation View Post
I have a plan.
It might not be a smart plan.
It might not be a good plan.
But I have a plan.

After all the times I heard VMK made a real life impact, did you ever try to do something that didn't involve writing a letter or email?
I guess what I am trying to say is, what if we make a fundraiser....
What if we make bake sales or yard sales and save up the money from that send it to Disney.
Oh yes, I know what most of you are thinking by now.. " Send money to Disney, Are you out of your mind???? Disney has enough money they are just to lazy." or " This isn't a safe idea." or " Why should I waste time on something I know won't happen. " or " Isn't that being selfish, there are people dying from diseases in the world you know! ''
Let me answer all of those questions at once.
1. Disney is hurting from the economy believe or not.
2. If your underaged, get your parents to send the money for you. ( Don't they do that for pay-to-play games anyway. )
3. You can't predict the future. ( unless your a psychic which is pretty cool! )
4. VMK was the medicine for some people, and if they are willing to do it, why is it any of your business.
And newsflash, Im not saying send in 2,000 dollars. Maybe ten dollars or five would do the trick for now.
If you can't afford this, then don't worry, if you still want to save VMK and your talking about it, I can't say one bad thing about you.

I know this seems confusing, but in my mind, heres how I break it down.
We make a new group just for the people who are willing to do this, we find an appropriate leader, we have our fundraisers, we discuss how we should send this to Disney, and maybe we help them change their minds.

Ok, I know this is a REALLY stupid idea, but I am trying to save something I miss... and I know others miss it just as much as me.. so please maybe this could become real, maybe this could be the answer.
You've got your heart in the right place, but not your head.

Disney is a corproration. As such, it's their legal obligation to only make decisions that will result in profit.

A fundraiser, believe it or not, would only hurt your cause. Look at it from the corporation's point of view. If VMK needs a FUNDRAISER run by the CUSTOMERS in order to make money, then it's unlikely that it'll be unable to make money on it's own, and as such is a bad decision.

Of course, us customers know that isn't the case, but corporations are often blinded by their own cause. All you can do is try to use that to your advantage.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.