Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip

Disney Gossip Disney related topics/non-VMK related

Old Fans mad at Miley?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Fans mad at Miley?

OK, I didn't write this, but I found this online!

Giving her fans the best of both worlds is apparently too much for Miley Cyrus to handle on her own.

The singer, who performs both as herself and her Disney Channel alterego on the sold-out tour, was accused in an OK! magazine report this week of using a body double during a brief portion of her show.

"When it got the to bridge of the song 'We Got the Party,' her dancers began to crowd around her," one concertgoer told the magazine.

"Then they covered her with a black sheet and she went through a secret door. Within a second, a new 'Hannah' came out of a different door wearing oversized white glasses. The whole time this was happening Miley's vocals were still playing. The new imposter had her back turned while she danced, trying to hide that fact that she was not Miley Cyrus. At this instant I became very suspicious."

"Needless to say I was furious!" the irate fan added. "I paid good money to see the concert. I was disappointed and I felt like I was played for a fool."

In the wake of the report, a rep for the Hannah Montana star confirmed that Cyrus does indeed rely on body double for a brief part of her set in order to allow her to transform from Hannah back into herself.

"To help speed the transition from Hannah to Miley, there is a production element during the performance of 'We Got the Party' incorporating a body double for Miley," the rep said in a statement.

"After Hannah has completed the featured verse on the duet with the Jonas Brothers, a body double appears approximately one to two minutes prior to the end of the song in order to allow Miley to remove the Hannah wig and costume and transform into Miley for her solo set.

"Other than during this very brief transitional moment in the show, Miley performs live during the entirety of both the Hannah and Miley segments of the concert," the rep added.

The 15-year-old singer has been on the road with her wildly popular Best of Both Worlds tour since October and recently extended the trek through the end of this month. She's slated to wrap things up in Miami on Jan. 31.

Last edited by Schmoofy; 01-12-2008 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Removed non-g content