Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old The Legend Of The Pink Mage

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
o ɹ1ʎ¿
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Approved
.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!.:Blue:. has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The Legend Of The Pink Mage

Mike Tubman lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere with his handicapped grandmother. He heard her talking on the phone with one of her friends one day. They were talking something about a legend. "Do you think it's true?" Mike heard her grandmother ask. A slight pause. "Maybe Mike will go check it out for me. You know how hard it is for me to move around since I became handicapped." Another slight pause. "OK, bye, Cheryl." Mike's grandmother hung up the phone. "What does she want me to go check out?" Mike asked himself. He ran out of the room as he heard her grandmother's wheelchair being started up.

Later that day, he popped the question. "Grandma, can you tell me a bit about the legend?" Silence. "Well, the legend is, well, you may understand, and you may not." Mike's grandmother eventually said. "OK, tell me," Mike said. "Now let's see, The Legend Of The Pink Mage is a very mythical one. On top of Mount Catazine, there stands a silhouette of a girl holding a balloon. Legend has it that the balloon is the girl's source of power. If the balloon pops, the girl dies. The girl is supposedly called The Pink Mage. She is known to have four secret powers. Nobody has ever seen the girl move. The only time you see her move is every one hundred years; when the moon is full. Tonight is that night. I would like you to go up to Mount Catazine and tell me if you see her move. If you do, you are a very lucky boy." Mike's grandmother explained, nodding her head.

So Mike walked up Mount Catazine just as the sun was setting. He reached the top long before the moon was up. When the moon began to rise, Mike was very tired because he was staring at the silhouette for so long. Suddenly, he saw the head of the silhouette slowly lift up. He backed up and almost fell off the edge. He was petrified. "I am the Pink Mage..." the silhouette whispered. It lifted off the ground and out of the shadows.

The Pink Mage appeared to have silver hair, pink eyes, and appeared to be Mike's age. "Who are you?" Mike asked, although he was afraid to. "I am the Pink Mage," the Pink Mage said. "I get that much. What is your name, I mean?" Mike asked. "My name is a mystery until I know I can trust you for sure." the Pink Mage said. "I have some questions, Pink Mage," Mike said. "Speak, for I am listening, Michael Tubman..." the Pink Mage said. "How do you know my name?" Mike asked. "I know everything there is to know. I will answer your questions if we be friends," the Pink Mage said, sounding normal for once. "Yeah, sure..." Mike said. "Then ask away!" the Pink Mage exclaimed, knowing that the friendship was beginning.

"OK, is your balloon REALLY your ultimate source of power?" Question number one. "Yes, it is," the Pink Mage replied. "If the balloon pops, will you REALLY die?" Question number two. "Yes, but that would be likely to never happen since I am EXTREMELY careful," the Pink Mage replied. "Why are you called the Pink Mage?" Question number three. "Well, mage means sorcerer, and I am a sorcerer," the Pink Mage replied. "Do you REALLY have four secret powers?" Question number four. "Yes, I do," the Pink Mage replied. "Can you show me them?" Question number five. "Sure. OK, I have Falcon Punch, Cinnamon Swirl, Telekinesis, and Whirlwind," the Pink Mage said, showing Mike all the different moves. "Wow. Why do you only move every one hundred years?" Question number six. "Hello! Legend!" the Pink Mage exclaimed.

They were silent for a few minutes. "How did you find out all this about the legend?" the Pink Mage asked. "My grandmother, Lila Tubman," Mike said. "I met her once, but it was in a dream. I told her about what would happen in her life, until she got handicapped," the Pink Mage explained. "Wait, you can tell the future?" Mike asked. "Of course, I'm magic! Hence the name, mage!" the Pink Mage exclaimed. "Well, can you tell me what is going to happen when I get home?" Mike asked. "Something terrible..." the Pink Mage whispered. Mike was worried. He told the Pink Mage he had to go home, because it was pitch black outside. She obliged, and when Mike walked in the door, he found his grandmother dead in her bedroom.

Mike had no idea what had happened, or how the Pink Mage knew something terrible was going to happen. Then he remembered what she had said, "I know everything there is to know." What was he going to do? The stupid town he lived in had no hospitals. All he did was sit there and think about the past. His grandmother had not always been there for Mike, but then again, how could she? She could barely move around in her wheelchair and occasionally a cane. Then again, Mike had not always been there for his grandmother either, but the only reason Mike hadn't been there was because he was out looking for things to help take care of her. But Mike was tired of thinking about the bad things. He wanted to think about the good ones, but there weren't that many to think about. So Mike decided to go to the Pink Mage.

The Pink Mage, however, didn't think Mike was coming back. When Mike arrived on the top of Mount Catazine, the Pink Mage had her head lowered, waiting for the sun to rise. Then she heard him. "Mike! I didn't see you come up," the Pink Mage said, turning around. "Yeah, hi. I was wondering if you could, um, help me out?" Mike said, kinda nervous. "Well, sure! I mean, we're friends, right?" the Pink Mage asked. Mike didn't know what to say. He had just met this mysterious girl. "Um, well..." Mike said, hoping something would come out. "Now, what do you need help with?" the Pink Mage asked. "Well, you said something terrible was going to happen when I went home, and I found my grandmother dead in her room. I mean, it was freaky. She was all pale and looked lifeless," Mike explained. The Pink Mage looked as if she was going to cry. "So, you came to depress me," the Pink Mage said as her balloon drooped.

"No no no! I came for help. Now you know the story, and I am feeling guilty," Mike said, explaining how he felt. "OK, I'm not the psychiatric type, but I'll try. Ahem, how so, Mr. Tubman?" the Pink Mage said, trying to sound mature. "No, you can be normal," Mike said. "Oh thank goodness, so what's really up?" the Pink Mage asked, thankful. "I can only think about the bad moments when my grandmother was alive, and I want to be reminded that there were good times, and I was wondering if you could search through my mind with your magic stuff and try to find them," Mike explained. "I can use my Telekinesis to read your mind, if that works..." the Pink Mage said. "Great! Wait, it's not going to hurt, is it...?" Mike asked, a bit worried. "Done!" the Pink Mage exclaimed. Mike was dumbfounded.

"OK, here's what I found. You were born, and your grandmother wasn't there. You were growing up, and your grandmother wasn't there. Your grandmother died, and you weren't there. Dude, your life stinks," explained the Pink Mage. "Not helping AT ALL," Mike said grumpily. "Um, Mike, there's nothing good left in your brain about anything. Oh, wait, what's this? Oh, it's your status paper. Your status paper shows all your thoughts of the day. Only mages get them, it's a mage thing," explained the Pink Mage. "Oh, what does it say?" Mike said. "Michael Anthony Tubman, age 15, hey, just like me, if you add three zeroes!" the Pink Mage exclaimed. "Woah, you're 15,000 years old?" Mike said, once again dumbfounded. "Yes, now back to the status paper and not to the fact that I'm 15,000 years old," the Pink Mage said. Mike kept his mouth shut.

"Now let's see, it says you were interested in something, then afraid, then it says you fell in love.." the Pink Mage said, confused. Mike gulped. "Well, it was that, um..." Mike stuttered. "Mike, who did you fall in love with...?" the Pink Mage asked nervously. "Well, um, let's see what it says after that," Mike said, trying to change the subject. He knew who he had fallen in love with, and he wouldn't admit it. "OK, it says next that you felt sorrow, and it says now you don't want to admit something..." the Pink Mage said, again confused. Mike gulped again, but he was silent this time. "OK, let's read the quotes! 'Oh, really? How so?' then there's 'AAAAAAAAH!' then there's 'I love her, the Pink---" the quote was never finished as Mike ripped the paper in half. The Pink Mage was laughing. "Why are you laughing?" Mike asked. "Admit it, Mike! You're in love with me!" the Pink Mage exclaimed, trying not to laugh so hard. Mike nodded his head yes.

"But why didn't you want to admit it?" the Pink Mage asked. "Well, I was nervous to see how you would react, and I can tell how it went," Mike said, the Pink Mage still laughing. "But isn't it kinda funny how a 15 year old is in love with a 15,000 year old?" the Pink Mage asked, still laughing. Mike felt hurt. He had forgotten about that. He just nodded his head. "The sun is about to rise, Pink Mage, don't you want to go back into an 100 year sleep?" Mike asked. "Well, no, I don't. So I will secretly stay awake all day and nobody will know. Not even you," the Pink Mage explained. "But I know now..." Mike said, confused. The Pink Mage was silent. "Come back tonight!" the Pink Mage exclaimed. Mike walked back to his empty house. He had hidden his grandmother's body, not wanting to see it. He wanted to scream, but he knew he couldn't because he would wake everyone up. He couldn't believe the Pink Mage laughed at him. "No, she can't trust me. She probably never will, and I'll never even get to know her name," Mike said to himself.

Mike went to take a nap in his bed. It took a while for him to fall asleep with so much on his mind. When he woke up, he realized he had left the television on. He went to shut it off, and he heard something he wish he didn't hear. "Oh, yes, Mount Catazine has had a huge avalanche! Everyone has been ordered to stand clear of the mountain," the reporter said. Mike felt like a big weight was just put on his shoulders. As soon as the reporters left, he ran up the mountain. It took longer than usual, because he had to avoid all of the rocks and boulders that had fallen. He was now wondering how all of this started. As he reached the top of the mountain, he was shocked to see that the Pink Mage wasn't there. "Oh, she must've used Whirlwind to escape," Mike said to himself, but the thought soon changed as he saw a pink balloon that had been popped. He fell to his knees, and screamed. Now he didn't care. He just had the balloon in his clutches an never wanted to let it go.

All kinds of thoughts were racing through Mike's head. "I thought we would spend the rest of their lives being friends, and maybe even a little more. I mean, she didn't say she didn't love me back, right? Yeah, and I'm sure she never wanted to stop being friends," Mike said to himself. "Of course I didn't! And when did we ever? I don't remember that, and I remember everything," Mike heard a voice say. He turned around and there was the Pink Mage, hovering off the ground. "Oh, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank---" Mike was interrupted by the Pink Mage who just said, "OK, I get it." Mike sighed of relief. "You have no idea how happy I am! I thought when your balloon pops, you die," Mike said, relieved. 'Duh! I have spares!" the Pink Mage exclaimed. Mike was dumbfounded once again.

The Pink Mage sighed. "Oh, look at this mess! I should clean this up. Cinnamon Swirl!" the Pink Mage said. And with a snap of her fingers, the top of the mountain was all cleared off. "I think I trust you now. Want to know my name?" the Pink Mage asked. "Yeah," Mike answered. "My name is Stella Falcon," Stella said. "Nice name. Hey, is that how you got the name of Falcon Punch?" Mike asked. "Exactly how," Stella answered. "Wow. Hey, will you promise never to stop being my friend?" Mike asked. "Absolutely! I mean, me and you are, like, destined to be friends. Without you beating the legend, I would have never been where I am now, so I should say thanks. You're really cool, Mike," Stella said. "Same to you," Mike said. From then on, Mike went up to the top of Mount Catazine every day to see Stella. Every day when Stella saw Mike, her balloon lifted as high it could go without flying away. So as you have found out, the legend was true. And seriously, who gets to go out, climb a mountain, and meet a magical being everyday?