Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old The Complete 'I'm Going to WDW' Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 AM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Renovating

Last edited by Oranges; 07-26-2006 at 11:51 PM..
Old 01-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I highly suggest you add a safety note to Mission: Space, foro people with medical conditions. It can be a very hazardous thing to ride M:S while with an injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksparkles
if you are saying that everyone has different families then why are you labeling the restaurants as pricy or none pricy. Dont talk to me like that! I will not tolerate it.
I'm sorry if you had a problem with that segment of his posts, but FloridaOranges has done nothing to bring out any type of stereotype. A 15 dollar dinner at Cacey's is not expensive to anyone, as is a 60 dollar dinner at Le Cellier expensive to anyone.

Please posts thoroughly before assuming.

Excellent guide! I'm impressed! FO, mind if I make a Hotel Guide (An entire one.)? We can leave it as part of this thread, or separate it, doesn't matter to me.

Last edited by Poseidon; 01-10-2006 at 02:29 AM.. Reason: Whoops. Sorry for mistaking you as what I did. :)
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Well actually, I'm a boy. My sister used this account to post two or three times, so that's where you might have gotten the "her" from...

I made her get her own account, so now it will be just me who posts on FO.

Well actually Poseidon, you can make a hotel guide, but SoarinSoarin and I have teamed up and I am using his resort guide in my guide. Thanks anyway!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned

Mission: SPACE Safety Instructions
Thanks to Poseidon for this installment

Mission: SPACE, one of the most intense attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, demands a lot out of it's riders. Mission: SPACE is a thrilling adventure where guests strapped into a small pod get to feel a real-life launch simulation and what it feels like to "slingshot" around the moon. This feeling is incredibly (if not identical) similar to an actual space expedition launch. During the launching sequence, guests WILL feel like they are lying on their back, facing towards the sky.

During your ride, you WILL feel a small amount of pressure during the launch sequence. It will feel like someone is gently pushing on your chest. Your face will also feel like it is being stretched backwards. You will also be rendered UNABLE to lift you arms above your head. During these portions of the ride, it is extremely important to stay calm. None of these feelings are painful, but they can be enough to freak a rider out.

If you are afraid of spinning, small and dark enclosed spaces or simulators, it is STRONGLY recommended that you bypass this experience. If you do choose to ride, it is VERY important to NEVER shut your eyes or look around during your ride. Since the pod you are in spins at extremely fast speeds and slightly inverts, you may begin to feel disoriented, ultimately causing nauseous feelings. You must stare straight on at the screen in front of you, and ONLY blinking when your eyes being to burn. If you lose your concentration on the screen at any time, you may begin to become disoriented/dizzy.

If you don't think you can handle this attraction based on my description, don't fret! You can always try the Green Team. This version of Mission: SPACE does not spin. You can look around the simulator pod without feeling any disorientation. It's very mild to those who can't handle the full, spinning ride.

This is a very fun ride, but requires a lot of cooperation from it's riders. As long as you do as the safety video tells you, you should have a fun and enjoyable adventure.

Last edited by Oranges; 05-22-2006 at 11:55 AM..
Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Around...

Poseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePoseidon ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Awesome! It sounds just like that woman who does the safety instructions in the queue line. Any other parts you need help with? I'm free with any suggestions. (Disneyquest, Exciting spots, etc.)
Old 01-10-2006, 02:41 AM
LOST junkie ♥

LittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in Treasure
Oooh, nice guide I wish I could say that I would be using it in a near future, but my family has no plans to go to disney any time soon
Old 01-10-2006, 04:10 AM
Yummy, Cookies.

Cookielover is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i went to DisneyLand on Friday i would strongly suggest u get a fast pass for Splash Mountain!! i was waiting in that line for like 2 hours
Old 01-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Well, as much as I have to agree, this is a Walt Disney WORLD guide. Perhaps someone can take the time out to create a DisneyLAND guide.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:27 PM
CP Alum

Iroc is spinning in a Cursed Storm
As a long time Disney fan and and frequent visitor (really frequent), I'd like to add a few comments to this guide.

I think that you have done a great job mentioning the best.

Expedition Everest is finished (not open yet). So if you are going soon, check it out at Animal Kingdom. It is 199 ft tall (200 ft requires a blinking red light for planes) and is the first of its kind. The ride is in testing right now which means no one rides it yet except the cast members working on it. You will start as a normal roller coaster, however when you reach the top, the track will turn and you will go down backwards following a different path.

Also, the Tarzan show at Animal Kingdom is coming to an end. So I recommend seeing it before it closes forever, it's great.

If you are going to see Fantasmic at Disney-MGM, then I recommend sitting in the Mickey section (center). If you cannot get Mickey, then try and at least get center of one of the sides (ask a CM). For those of you who have never seen the show, I don't want to give more away (because it's amazing) but you will want to be as close to center as possible which does require showing up really early.

Another piece of advice that I will give anyone is whenever the line splits, stay to the left. It tends to be shorter of a line and since 90% of people are righties and we drive on the right side of the road, it's natural to go right.

Using fastpass is the greatest thing in the world. Also, some of the newer rides have a "single rider" line. If you don't care about sitting next to your party, go through this line will cut the wait. Basically, if a car holds four and there is a party of three, a "single rider" gets the last seat. It works great.

When it comes to hotels, I have stayed at most of them in all the price ranges. I don't really like the deluxe resorts (Grand Floridian and Contemporary) because they have an aged odor to them (like a musky smell) and people tend to be more snobbish (other guests, not cast members). If you want to stay there because it's on the monorail, remember that the monorail only goes directly to Magic Kingdom, you'll have to switch for Epcot and take the buses for everything else.

I prefer All-Star Sports over Pop Century because the rooms are slightly bigger. Also, All-Star Sports is the first bus stop compared to All-Star Movies and All-Star Music, however all three All-Stars are identical in setup with the exception of the individual themes.

I do recommend staying on property (I've stayed off too) because you'll be able to get the extra magic hours and the buses are more reliable. Off property might offer "shuttles" but they are on a limited schedule unlike on-property which is like every 15 minutes, if that long.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned

Thank you very much for your review. I will add it into the guide now.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Around...

Off Season and In-Season Queue Line average waits, and Best times of year to go!

MOST CROWDED TIME OF THE YEAR
Christmas through New Year's (Want to wait 50 minutes for a hot dog? Go this time of year!

EXTREMELY CROWDED
Easter Week (Before and After)

REALLY CROWDED
Fourth of July Week

CROWDED

Spring Break (first week of March until mid April)
Memorial Day Weekend
Summer Break (second week of June until second week of August)
President's Day until the end of February

Great times to go:
End of April
Second Week of February
Labor Day Weekend
First two weeks of December

Next best time to go:
First Week of February
Beginning of October until Thanksgiving
Week before Christmas

Best months to visit:
January
September

Typical wait types:

IN-SEASON TIMES:

Magic Kingdom:

Note: These are MID-DAY average waits. Come earlier, you may be able to get more rides done.)

Buzz Lightyear: 25-40 minutes (VERY fast line.)
Big Thunder Mountain: 40-120 minutes (Medium pace line)
Space Mountain: 30-80 minutes (Rather slow line.)
Splash Mountain: 20-120 minutes (VERY Slow line.)
Pirates of the Carribean: 10-60 minutes (Fast line)
Stitch's Great Escape (Avoid if Possible, very crowded):40-240 minutes
Indy Speedway: 40-100 minutes (Very popular, crowded)
Haunted Mansion: 10-60 minutes (Swift line)

Epcot:

Maelstrom: 20-60 minutes (Slow line)
Test Track: 40-120 minutes (Medium line, depending on fastpass)
Spaceship Earth: 20-120 minutes (Usually low, as line moves extremely fast.)
Mission: SPACE: 25-60 minutes (Line moves rather quickly.)
American Adventure: 30-90 minutes
Soarin': 45-240 minutes (VERY crowded, slow line. Bring an iPod.)

Disney/MGM Studios:

Great Movie Ride: 30-90 Minutes (Quick line)
Lights, Motors, Action! eXtreme Stunt Show: Time varies greatly.
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 20-120 minutes (Line moves at medium pace)
Rock N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith: 30-75 minutes (Quick line.)
Backlot tour: 40-90 minutes (VERY slow line. Bring an iPod. )

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Dinosaur: 20-50 minutes (Very fast line)
Kilimanjaro Safaris: 40-120 minutes (Quite slow line!)
Kali River Rapids: 20-60 minutes (Medium paced line)
Expedition Everest: Coming soon
It's tough to be a Bug: 30-90 minutes (Slow line)

OFF-SEASON TIMES:

Magic Kingdom:

Buzz Lightyear: 5-20 minutes (Fast line, continuous ride).
Big Thunder Mountain: 20-60 minutes
Space Mountain: 5-30 minutes (Rather slow line if it's later, due to fastpass)
Splash Mountain: 10-30 (Line goes faster during this time of year)
Pirates of the Carribean: 10-20 minutes (Fast line)
Stitch's Great Escape (Avoid if Possible, very crowded): 20-60 minutes
Indy Speedway: 20-60 minutes
Haunted Mansion: 10-60 minutes (Swift line)

Epcot:

Maelstrom: 5-30 minutes (Slow line, even during the off season)
Test Track: 5-40 minutes (Medium line, depending on fastpass)
Spaceship Earth: 0-20 minutes (Very low, line moves incredibly fast.)
Mission: SPACE: 5-20 minutes (Line moves rather quickly.)
American Adventure: 20-40 minutes
Soarin': 30-60 minutes (VERY crowded, slow line. Bring an iPod.)

Disney/MGM Studios:

Great Movie Ride: 5-20 minutes (Quick line)
Lights, Motors, Action! eXtreme Stunt Show: Time varies greatly.
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 10-40 minutes (Line moves at medium pace)
Rock N' Roller Coaster: Starring Aerosmith: 20-30 minutes (Quick line.)
Backlot tour: 30-60 minutes (VERY slow line. Bring an iPod. )

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Dinosaur: 5-30 minutes (Very fast line)
Kilimanjaro Safaris: 5-20 minutes (If not crowded, very fast line)
Kali River Rapids: 5-20 minutes (Medium paced line)
Expedition Everest: Coming soon
It's tough to be a Bug: 10-60 minutes (Slow line, theater-like show)

Note: All time can be reduced by about 1/4 if riding in the single riders line, and 1/2 if you have a FastPass.

Last edited by Poseidon; 03-24-2006 at 10:01 PM..
Old 01-11-2006, 10:47 PM
VMK member since 9/22/05

rockstrkid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
this guide is.. wow! my mother says. omg! this is so... fantastic! lol. nice guide
Old 01-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Yummy, Cookies.

Cookielover is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
Well, as much as I have to agree, this is a Walt Disney WORLD guide. Perhaps someone can take the time out to create a DisneyLAND guide.
oh yeah sorry lol
Old 01-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Trader

My Mood: Hungry
realnicekid is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You have to go to Magic Kingdom and get Ms.Potts ice cream. It is verry yummy!!
Old 01-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Im a rager.

My Mood: Blah
WDWgirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks CL_Florida Oranges for the guide to WDW. I am planning it though. Not sure if i am really going