Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old Does anybody still go on this site?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered+

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Tport is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK 5 Years Closed

Coming up next month is the sad 5 year anniversary of VMK closing. It's hard to believe that VMK has been closed longer than it was open. I truly miss it. As I have said on here before VMK was more than the sum of it's parts, and to this day people who loved the game find it difficult to adequately express themselves on that special magic VMK had.

It is understandable that games close, but what I find the most sad is Disney's removing itself from gaming. VMK had no successor, and never will. Pirates on-line and Club Penguin survive because they are 100% automated, and require no staff to run them. It's all profit for Disney. Disney has also slowly moved away from the platform games and MMO's to the casual gaming market. Just today Disney closed Lucas Arts. This is sad because not only won't VMK ever come back, any kind of Disney gaming experience beyond a iPod type is over as well unless Disney does a complete change of heart, and I doubt they will.

I guess we were lucky to have had VMK when we did. However, It is sad that new people will never get to experience that special something VMK had.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Here You Leave Today...

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
Logano is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It is depressing to think about the fact that game has been closed longer than it was open. I completely agree with what you said about Disney targeting the casual gaming market. It seems as if the aren't focusing on what the public wants, and only on what makes them money.

It is truly a shame that VMK wasn't as "automated" as other Disney MMO's such as Toontown, Club Penguin, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online. If it didn't require constant moderation, I could picture it still being open right now.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:19 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
It's quite sad how you mentioned Club Penguin & Pirates, and now both are being closed.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:43 PM
hi

My Mood: SaveVMK
evina is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMForever View Post
It's quite sad how you mentioned Club Penguin & Pirates, and now both are being closed.
No, Club Penguin is staying open. It's everything else that's closing.

Out of all the games why did they have to keep that one open?

Oh yeah, $350m