Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old This has to do with a lot of different things about Saving VMK!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 6

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: vmkpalish
ToBeContinued is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This has to do with a lot of different things about Saving VMK!

I've sents TONS of letters to the Disney Company about it.

Sadly, when people say VMK IS NOT RE-OPENING EVER on this website, I don't believe them. Do you think Disney will let this go on for years to come? That's what we need to do! We need to remember still in another one or two year and STILL be protesting it!

One thing that isn't very nice is blaming Yavn. Just becuase he was the face of the site doesn't mean he was out to get us and shut it down! Don't blame one person for this!

I don't blame Disney and make everything I say about them Di$$$ney because Disney isn't the problem! I personally think the problem is when the two companies split.

I'd just like to ask that you all come up with ideas to get Disney to recognize us! Do everything you can to get back VMK.

Thanks for reading this really long forum

Last edited by Brain; 07-17-2009 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: Advertising
Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
My Mood: BadMood
garfieldboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i would love nothing more to have vmk back, but i feel that it's not coming back but we can give it our best shot
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I currently think that until we can get the cooperation of other, more thriving VMK fansites, there's little we can do that will result in progress.

So, I'd recommend starting there

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I think that we actually can make Disney listen. After all, people have done it before. Ever heard of the Kim Possible 'Fight for Four' movement? That's how the show got into a fourth season. They're currently working on a Fight for Five movement.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
I think that we actually can make Disney listen. After all, people have done it before. Ever heard of the Kim Possible 'Fight for Four' movement? That's how the show got into a fourth season. They're currently working on a Fight for Five movement.
The difference is, however, that they had strength in numbers, something which we currently lack.

And, considering all corporations like Disney listen to ARE numbers (Particularly the kind that raise other numbers, like the kinds indicating the value of a bank account), I believe that should be our first order of business.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award 

That sounds good...we need to rally people up! Get your friends and people...
I go to disney world once a year EVERY year...and I'm thinking about a rally!
What kind of people can we get you might wonder?
VMK Players!
Parents!
Friends!
Family!
Staff from VMK!
Staff from VMKForums!
Even Staff from the Disney Incorporation!

Yeah...I understand that's not such a good idea lol
Old 07-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Disney closed VMK; therefore, they are the ones who we would target. Or maybe the WDIG, I don't know. Anyways, consumers have brought back their products before. Fans of the show Jericho sent 20 tons of peanuts to CBS to demonstrate that the show still had a large fanbase. Result? 7 more episodes. Family Guy was cancelled twice but consumers continued to watch re-runs and purchase DVDs and the show was brought back. Notice something here? Fans of Jericho and Family Guy successfully showed companies that their shows had financial potential so the companies brought them back. This is exactly what we need to do. But the question is, how?

I believe the first step would be to get the mods and admins involved. They would probably make the best leaders as they have experience with leading this site and a good share of them are probably adults. I don't mean to diminish the power of a kid, but if we're dealing with money, an adult would be the best person to handle it. Also, they have the power to control the homepage, they could get the message out on the banner. Like Illidan said, we are low in numbers, so we should definitely communicate with other VMK fansites. As long as we work in organized steps, we have the potential to bring VMK back.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 07-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Disney closed VMK; therefore, they are the ones who we would target. Or maybe the WDIG, I don't know. Anyways, consumers have brought back their products before. Fans of the show Jericho sent 20 tons of peanuts to CBS to demonstrate that the show still had a large fanbase. Result? 7 more episodes. Family Guy was cancelled twice but consumers continued to watch re-runs and purchase DVDs and the show was brought back. Notice something here? Fans of Jericho and Family Guy successfully showed companies that their shows had financial potential so the companies brought them back. This is exactly what we need to do. But the question is, how?

I believe the first step would be to get the mods and admins involved. They would probably make the best leaders as they have experience with leading this site and a good share of them are probably adults. I don't mean to diminish the power of a kid, but if we're dealing with money, an adult would be the best person to handle it. Also, they have the power to control the homepage, they could get the message out on the banner. Like Illidan said, we are low in numbers, so we should definitely communicate with other VMK fansites. As long as we work in organized steps, we have the potential to bring VMK back.
Dear Admins out there,
LISTEN TO HIM!
LOL
Old 07-19-2009, 08:09 PM
.. something u drink from
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Piratey
Straws is as Frosty as a Snowman
well it might be hard because we need a lot of numbers and because vmk players are all split between forums it would probably be hard to really us all together. even thoguht vmk was a great game a lot more people watch a certain tv show like family than the ammount of people that play vmk. therefore getting back a tv show is easier because there are more numbers. if we really want this to happen we need numbers and dedication.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straws View Post
well it might be hard because we need a lot of numbers and because vmk players are all split between forums it would probably be hard to really us all together. even thoguht vmk was a great game a lot more people watch a certain tv show like family than the ammount of people that play vmk. therefore getting back a tv show is easier because there are more numbers. if we really want this to happen we need numbers and dedication.
TV shows also take more money to produce, therefore requiring a larger audience in order to make profit.

I think this is at least theoretically doable, but it'll require not only cooperation between sites, but converting a lot of the non-believers on the other sites.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

Yes I agree because right now people either could go either way or think this is a big waste of time and energy.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

Quote:
i was actually thinking of making a VMK T-shirt and wearing it around Disneyland
OMG kepster i'm going to use that idea next family vacation
for sure!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Awards Showcase

lol just go global and everyone make a LONG LIVE VMK T-SHIRT. hehehe
Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Awards Showcase

Yup. And you can have a picture of your vvmk character on it.