Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Tips For Writing Stories (From the Author who wrote: The Days Of V-M-K)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:41 AM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Post Tips For Writing Stories (From the Author who wrote: The Days Of V-M-K)

Hello All. coolJamz Here! I have decided to write a guide on how to make sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat Stories! Meaning, that the reader will always be waiting for more!
first of all, so everyone can view my style of writing, here is a series i wrote.
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123573

Okay! first thing you should know, is that you dont need to think of a title right away!
no, dont spend all of your time thinking about a title, Just use your idea, write it down, then afterwards, read it over then think of a title!
Okay time for Step-by-step Instructions!

Step One
Think of a genre for a story! it could be an action story, a fictional story, a fantasy story, Or anything you could think of! I think im going to write an Action Story today!

Step Two
Now think of some characters! The characters could be boys or girls, or anything you want! they could be real life characters, or they could be animals, or VMK charcters! I think i am going to do VMK Characters, And They will Be coolJamz and Centurey, Like in my series.

Step Three

Now for your Setting! It could be in VMK, Toontown, Real life, On a mountain, Fighting evil Pigs under water, Or Anything!
My setting will be In vmk!

Step Four
Now that you have your Genre, Setting and Charcters, Its time to make a Plot. a Plot is what happens in the story, Like the problem, and how the problem will be fixed. I think that my problem will be that coolJamz is hanging from a mountain top, and cant get back up.

Step Five

Okay. Think of your characters personallities now. they could be evil villans, or they could be animals that are abandon. I think that my characters will be shy, yet ready to explore!

Step six

Title Time! Now that you have a very clear idea of what your story is going to be about, its time to title your story! since mine is about mountains, i think i shall title mine, " The Mounatin Scare "

now that you have your story idea down, Here are some tips i made up, and keep in mind when writing my stories.

Tips!

1. Put Yourself in your characters situation.
if you character is hanging on for their dear life,
put yourself in their sitiuation! what would you say? what would you do?
Thinking in that way could help you alot!

2. Detail is Key!
use plentey of detail, it helps the readers picture the story in their mind.
insted of saying: " The mountain was Tall. " You could Say: " The mountain was taller then The tallest building ever built! "

3. Dont Jam too much into a sentence!
You heard it! dont Jam too much in one sentence, or it will make your story sound bad! insted of saying: coolJamz couldn't breathe and her heart pumped fast as she shoke and screamed and tears ran down her face!!! " You could say: " coolJamz couldn't breathe, and Her heart pumped fast! She shoke in fear as a tear ran down her face "

4. Leave the readers Hanging!
Leave the readers hanging with a saticefying ending! insted of writing
" coolJamz couldn't get up, But then, centurey Pulled her up and she was saved! " you could cut of the ending, and leave them hanging, by saying : " coolJamz couldn't get up, She was scared to death, and her fingers started to slip.... too be continued... "

5. Use Grammer.
Grammer means alot when writing a story. always READ OVER your story after your finished it, and check for spelling errors, Typos, and Grammer.
Using grammer helps the reader understand the story better.

when putting together eveything, about my story, and using my Tips ( lets just call them " The Jam Tips " or for short TJT ) i wrote a very saticefying chapter to a story! Here it is!

The Mountain Scare
Chapter 1

coolJamz had fallen, and was hanging on a mountain top for dear life.
Many thoughts were rumbling through her head.
She Screamed up to Centurey, who was looking down in fear.
The mountain was taller then the empire state building, and if coolJamz slipped, she would be done for!
" I cant hold on much Longer, Centurey!" coolJamz just barely said.
"Im Trying! I .... I dont know what to do!" Replied centurey.
"Hang in there!" he said to Jam, very very worried.
coolJamz hand slipped.

She was hanging on by one hand....

too be continued...

Like it?
using the steps really works, and i added the icing to the cake when using TJT (The Jam Tips)

I hope everyone learned something today about storywriting, And Keep Writing those Fab Stories!

Jam

Last edited by coolJamz; 09-01-2007 at 02:28 PM..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:38 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Omg yay!
I do most of the things you put there! YAY ME!!! i'm fab like jam. LOL
Old 08-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
LOL
this took me like a half an hour :l
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
Eek, i have a fear of the Empire State Building/hights, we were gonna go up to the top, i dont wanna explain...Anyways, its very useful!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Awards Showcase

Thanx Centurey, LOL.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
After all the lies

KMSakura is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I agree with Centurey, I hate hights too, but great tips!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Awards Showcase

Thanx! Im glad everyone liked it
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
... i will never go up to the empire state building..LOL
Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Q.Q

My Mood: Bored
LittleTinkFairy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i have been up there
Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Au revoir =]
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Jeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with ConfettiJeena is covered with Confetti
That's a great guide, I can guess many people will use this to help them write amazing stories.
But another tip you could add, which is pretty important, is to have good spelling and grammar, no point in having a great story that, either can't be read, or is full of typos and grammatical errors, that can be solved simply by looking it up .

Jeena
xxXxx
Old 09-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Awards Showcase

Yeah, i hate stories with no grammer, it annyoys me.

i mean i can understand a typo, but still lol.

Ill add it, And im glad everyone likes the guide!
Old 09-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Grandma is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice Job. Sticky worthy.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 PM
~*~ Life Happens ~*~

Skylar is as Frosty as a Snowman
Congrats on the sticky
Old 09-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Awards Showcase

Sticky? Yay! Thanx People at vmkf, and thanx Grandma! !!

Glad everyone likes it, hope you learned stuff
Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Awards Showcase

bumping up my sticky, LOL
i hope everyone has read this