Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old "How do I join Disneys Online Worlds?"

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Gone for good..

Alexthedragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
"How do I join Disneys Online Worlds?"

Disneys Online Worlds (otherwise know as DOW) strives to be a comprehensive resource for Disney Online Games. It is written and maintained by a group of editors, but we rely heavily on non-editor image and information submissions to remain as up-to-date and complete as possible.

Information on the DOW wiki is accessible to everyone. You only need to join if you wish to be able to edit pages. We cannot always accept everyone who applies, and sometimes we just don't have a need for more editors. Even if you apply but are not accepted, this doesn't mean we don't want your help. We urge you to continue to assist the wiki as a non-editor by getting us needed images and information.

The following explains how to apply and was adapted from a guide written by VMKF member Alexthedragon.

Step One: Visit the Wiki

First things first, we have to visit the site. The URL is http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com Once there, you will see the following:

If you are there, go to step two.

Step Two: Signing Up

Now is the most challenging part. Scroll down on the homepage until you see:

"If you would like to be able to edit/moderate this wiki, please email with your forum username and what you would contribute to [email protected]"

Send in your appliacation and wait for a reply.

Step Three: Wait

Your application needs time to be processed. Please be patient. During this time DOW moderators are looking over your posts and your behavior on the forums. The DOW moderators like to see that potential editors can follow forum rules and make productive posts. It is important that the editing staff of DOW be able to work together. WE look for editors who will work well with our team.

If your application is rejected, we would love it if you continued helping us by submitting information for the wiki here on the forums. Feel free to apply again at a later date.

If you are accepted, continue on to the next step.

Step Four: New Password

Time to make an easier to remember password. Click "My preferences" at the top of the page and scroll until you see the Change password area.

Enter your old password and then your new password twice. Press save and then you are done.

Step Five: Editing!

Congrats! You are now a Disney Online Worlds Editor! Have fun and help make the wiki better! See the DOW Rules and Guidelines

Step Six: Logging In to Edit

After you log out, you will have to log back in to edit. Press Log in/create account at the top and type your username and password from before. If you forget your password, press "E-mail password." If you don't want to log back in each time, just check "Remember my login on this computer."

Now you can now help edit the wiki!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 06-13-2008 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: updated
Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 AM
im addicted to vmk

david6152 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
awseome guide! this should be stickied!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Gone for good..

Thanks, and in fact, I received a Sticky for the fruits of my labor.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Nice. :} Hopefully this will put an end to the question that never dies.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Gone for good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
Nice. :} Hopefully this will put an end to the question that never dies.
Exactly the reason I made it for.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Gone for good..

However, there seems to be still threads asking how to register...

Will they look up before they create their thread?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Secrets of the VMK member

sjeanine is spinning in a Cursed Storm
How do I join the WIKI if I just want to belong to read about the helpful hints and things but not contribute as far as editing,etc., since I'm no good at computers? Am I allowed still to join WIKI?? If so, how??? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Gone for good..

You don't have to join if you just want to view it. Just visit the site.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:17 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjeanine View Post
How do I join the WIKI if I just want to belong to read about the helpful hints and things but not contribute as far as editing,etc., since I'm no good at computers? Am I allowed still to join WIKI?? If so, how??? Thanks.
The wiki at Disney's Online Worlds is available for everyone to read and use!

You only need to join it if you wish to edit it. You don't need to be a computer person, even!

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Gone for good..

Thanks Prisoner for helping clear that up.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: VMK
Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Scootz has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Which username should I use to apply? My TTC username is different.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Registered+

Mrbeanking is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have just applied. Hope I am accepted!
Old 05-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootz View Post
Hmm... I'd try submitting both. Try putting "My VMKF name is blah blah blah, and my TTC username is bleh bleh bleh."

Also, just as a side note, Nick usually only accepts users that are active and have a fairly large amount of posts, so he can (more or less) know if he can trust them.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage
Old 05-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootz View Post
Since the Wiki is operated by both TTC, VMKf (and now POF) you can use either name. The only requirement is that you be a member of one of the three forums.

Good luck,
SpinMarty
VMKf moderator
Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlunderPirates View Post
I am going to apply, but just a note: The Email: [email protected]
When you click it it says it is not properly installed. Thanks and hope I am accepted .
It is not the email address that is not properly installed but rather something is wrong with your email program (not sure what other than it probably isn't recognized as your default or something.)

Anyhow, copy the email adress, open your email program, paste the address into the "To" box.

Good luck