Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old The Magic of VMKForums!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
The Magic of VMKForums!

Do you feel the magic? It's everywhere on VMKF! Nice people, great staff, and muturity magic.

MATURITY Magic.

This site helped me Mature.. Go to my very first post and look at them.. Then go to some post from 2008 to now.. During that time I matured. Your probably saying, "You just got older.. This site didn't help you mature." I think it did. Everyone on here has taught me something varying from basic Gimp skills to grammar.

I want to thank everyone for what this site has dome and I want to be able to stay for as long as I can.

I think October 2010 will be the 5th year I've been here.

Thanks VMKF'ers!

- ace
Old 12-13-2009, 03:58 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I know what you mean. I hate looking through my old posts because some posts seem childish and embarrassing.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
its true. i feel like the time i was here, i sorta learned some street smarts, and it helped me become like who i am presently,
Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Yeah.
And the great thing about this is that you can see what you did wrong in the past and work to fix it.
Plus, you can learn how to interact with all sorts of different people.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Agreed! VMKF has had quite an effect on my life. I've learned how to form an opinion and defend it, how to Prnt Scrn (yes, I never knew how to do that before I came here), how to debate opinions, how to make sigs, how to use BB code, and just how to communicate via computers in general (a skill that will definitely help me in the "real world").

I can't express enough how posting on this site has helped me in English class! When I go to write in English class, it's just like I'm posting here (well, except it's for a grade). Posting on VMKF has been great writing practice, and of course, a lot of fun!

So, do I feel the magic? Maybe not to the extent of previous times, but I always detect a hint of it between threads and posts. Long live VMKF!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 

acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Thank you guys for reading and agreeing!

VMKForums has magic!

- ace
Old 12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
ʞɯʇɐɐɯɯǝ
Awards Showcase
Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Winner Award Golden Years Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
EmmaatMk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I totally agree with you acefredfred. When I look at some of my older posts, I'm like "Wow." VMKF is the best!

~EmmaatMK
Old 12-15-2009, 01:36 AM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLKnCookies View Post
I know what you mean. I hate looking through my old posts because some posts seem childish and embarrassing.
Same here.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I totally agree. At first, my posts consisted of:
OMGZZ YEAHH!
Yeah. Also, my writing as improved immensly. When I came, my stories weren't that good, and had a lot of 'and then's' and 'saids'. I was so proud of myself when I noticed the difference.
LONG LIVE VMKF!
...okay, maybe that smilie isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
^^ VMKF is definitely magical. I don't believe it really improved my grammar (Brushes off shoulders, brags about prior grammar skizzles), but it's definitely helped me become more... Outgoing a bit - Get used to having random people see what I have to say, even in real life I began to open up more after I started opening up here >.>
Yeah, I definitely do NOT want to look at my older posts. Yeah, no. I've looked at them once or twice and I'm just like... >.<
Oh and I agree SoccerRyan, my mastery of BBCode was nonexistant before VMKF, and now I know how to do tons of stuff with it! But I'm way too lazy to >.>...
Another excellent point from SoccerRyan, I should have quoted... But... Nahhhhh ;D. I've improved my stance-defending abilities. Woot woot in one of my classes last year we had a debate and I won! I never would've if it hadn't been for such an opinionated VMKF - Especially after 4/07/08 or 5/21/08. I can't really decide which day I found worse, but... yeah...
And I'll also say: Not too long ago, my essay-writing was HORRIBLE! VMKF has helped me understand my own thoughts (trust me, it's hard even for me most of the time) and I've brought down my average time from about 2-3 hours to about 20 minutes! Well, I'll say school helped a LITTLE, but not much, really...
Yes, VMKF is magical.
Huzzah GIMP! I would never have even KNOWN about it without VMKF. Well, one of my friends mentioned it the other day, but I still probably wouldn't have used it...
Oh, and acefredfred, you said everyone here taught you something. Now I'm paranoid that I taught you something NOT to do! O.O Oh dear the fear of others learning from my mistakes!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Now I'm paranoid that I taught you something NOT to do! O.O Oh dear the fear of others learning from my mistakes!
Which was?

- ace
Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I totally agree.

October 2010 will be the 5th year for me too
Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Same here!! This site has grown and matured with a lot of us, and I hope it continues to.